I wouldn't want to play the Bruins in a 7 game series

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

I wouldn't want to play the Bruins in a 7 game series

Watching the game tonight and had to think that if I were any other team, I wouldn't want to go up against the Bruins in the first round.   Not only are the Bruins tough to generate sustained pressure against, but they are hitting hard!  McQuaid, Lucic, Horton, Boychuk, Chara, Thorton,... and the list goes on.   All those guys can lay it on with the physical play and the bumps and bruises will add up over a long series.   Add to it that the B's can more than hold their own if the gloves are dropped so they can really back up the physical play if needed.

If you were rooting for any team other than the Bruins wouldn't you say the Bruins are the team you really don't want to face?   Since Philly lost to Toronto tonight, they should automatically be voted team you most want to face in the first round.... even if just for tonight, just to rub it in!  lol

I so can't wait for the playoffs!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: I wouldn't want to play the Bruins in a 7 game series

Philly's last 2 losses are Ottawa and Toronto. NICE!!!!!!!!! Smile

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

They are definitely coming around. I keep thinking they did pretty well last year with not nearly as good a team and, to top things off, Pitts and Wash are having off years. This is starting to become the perfect storm.

By the way, Kelly and Peverly were very solid tonight....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Bruins are a deep and focused team.  No one would want to play them.  Only Philly compares in the east, though Montreal scares me a little.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Saw the subject header and immediately thought: I would love to play the Bruins in a 7 game playoff series.  It would mean I was playing in the NHL!

Gordie Howe would lose a few records....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Granted, this Bruins team is tough to play against. Stamkos did rattle the left post, but on a few other attempts Seidenberg had Stamkos's stick up in no man's land. good play Seids. I've always liked Paille's determination, but last nite, if Claude took note, when Paille filled in for Lucic, It should have been Seguin. Plus, Thornton FINALLY threw a check after floating thruout the road trip. Thorny obviously loves the adulation of the TD Garden crowd who don't seem to realize how often he misplays the puck. Ryder, once again, fades away and leaves Kelly nd Peverly wondering where's he at??? Doesn't faze Claude, he even put Ryder out on the PP. Not a good move.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i would not want to play the bruins in the 3rd period!! they came out laying the lumber in the 3rd! it was like they had a contest to see who could get the most licks in 20 minutes! that was fun to watch...most bruin 3rds are like that- and thats why they are #2 in the conference. +35 or +40 or something ridiculous in the 3rd 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Whats really making me enjoy this run of 7 games ina row is that they have sustained that intensity for the majority of this streak.  thats something we did not see earlier in the season.  It was they could come to play for 2 or 3 games and then disappear for the next 3 or 4 games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

This is the best Bruins team I have seen in some time.  But, I tend to look at it in 2 ways. 
    1. The Bruins are a physical team that plays a very good system.  Should beat most teams in a series. 
    2. Problem with this team is that any team can stay in the games with the Bruins.  We seem to win a lot of 1 goal games.  In seems in the playoffs we end up losing them for whatever reason.  The true lack of a proven game breaker has been the major downfall of this team.

I see this team going very far this.  I actually will be very disappointed if we don't make a long playoff run.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

me niether imagine 7 games facing timmy thomas the other team would lose there minds lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I said this in 2004, 2009 and 2010, too.

Meh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Hey, as a Leaf fan I"D LOVE TO PLAY THE BRUINS IN ANY TYPE OF PLAYOFF, even a 4-0 shellacking by the Bruins.

You can help us get there by tanking next time we play you......LOL

p.s.  There is no team in the NHL playing better then the Bruins are right now....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Guys, this isnt news.  Look at their overall numbers.  Theyve been one of the best teams all year.  I think this is coming out just because theyve won 7 in a row now.  Thomas has been one of the best.  Lucic, Horton, Chara, Ference, Bergy, Marchand, etc., are all having fantastic years.  Bruins are just a tough, TOUGH team to play against.  They have beaten "top" teams all year long:  Philly, Pens, Caps, Vancouver. 

Thing is, only 2, count'um, TWO teams get to the finals.  ANYTHING can happen between now and then.  Bruins have as good a shot as anyone.  How many times in the past 20 years did the #1 teams from each conference play in the finals?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: I wouldn't want to play the Bruins in a 7 game series:
    i would not want to play the bruins in the 3rd period!! they came out laying the lumber in the 3rd! it was like they had a contest to see who could get the most licks in 20 minutes! that was fun to watch...most bruin 3rds are like that- and thats why they are #2 in the conference. +35 or +40 or something ridiculous in the 3rd 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Agreed. It seems like the time to beat them is in the first. They always seem to come out a little dopy, like they just binged on a pasta and turkey buffet....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Last night showed when up for it they can play against the speedy team, they did a good job in backchecking especially against St. Louis and Stamkos.

Had they put this effort forward against Detroit they would have had the same success.  It shows they have no team to fear but themselves.

Boychuk played his best game of the year and went for it, kudo Boyc.

Sections
Shortcuts