I'd like to make a prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: I'd like to make a prediction

Be careful, he bites!

In Response to Re: I'd like to make a prediction:
    [QUOTE]Tell me Nucklehead fan....How many Bruin fans post on the Nucklehead forum ? And No !  There is no hating the Bruins here. Unreal that you would bother to post this crap. Go back to Nucklehead land.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Am I crazy or were both of them available for trade at the deadline? Crazy turn of events in the cap era...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'd like to make a prediction : So much hate. Myself, I'm hoping for a rematch.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

I think the |Blues will make it in the West (Backes for the Conn Smythe?) but I'm hoping for a rematch too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'd like to make a prediction : I think the |Blues will make it in the West (Backes for the Conn Smythe?) but I'm hoping for a rematch too.
    Posted by red75[/QUOTE]

It's true that the Blues are playing very very well, they're definitely the surprise team in the West.  I doubt that a lot of pundits had them as the #1 seed in the west with a half-dozen games remaining.

My only question mark about them is their playoff inexperience, relative to the other powerhouse teams in the West.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Last time the Blues made the Finals was when Bobby scored The Goal. That'd be an interesting rematch ;)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm not surprised by their success, I thought they were the second-best team in the league after the B's last year, so I expected them to be among the best this year. I do agree with them however, that they will likely get shell-shocked in their first playoff as a group. It usually happens.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'd like to make a prediction : It's true that the Blues are playing very very well, they're definitely the surprise team in the West.  I doubt that a lot of pundits had them as the #1 seed in the west with a half-dozen games remaining. My only question mark about them is their playoff inexperience, relative to the other powerhouse teams in the West.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

looking at the matchups in either conference, there is no reason to believe that these playoffs should be anything less than great. There are going to be some fantastic series.

And, 49 is right. Winning does breed contempt. 10x more bruins haters out there now than there was.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Ya The Blues are too new to the scene of being a powerhouse. Regular season doesnt mean much and it will wear off for them in the playoffs. I could see them getting through the first round, but thats it. I still think, as much as I hate to say it, the Canucks will still be the favored, with Detroit and the Preds a close second. I know the wings are older, but they are always so solid and have 2 of the best forwards in the league, Z & D.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]Bob McKenzie was on the radio the other day, and made a comment in response to the whole "Canucks are the most hated team in the league" thing.  He said, "That may be true, but I can tell you from talking to a lot of teams, that the Bruins are a very close second in that category".  When asked why, McKenzie's thought was that success breeds contempt.  Everyone wants to knock off the good teams, and the Nux now have hit 100 pts for 4 straight seasons, and the Bruins are defending Cup Champs -- two good reasons to hate them both.

The difference is the reasons why each team is hated.
    Boston may be hated by others because they are the reigning Stanley Cup champs, a tough team to play against and downright nasty at times. But they are
    respected by every other team in the league.
    The Nux are hated, not for their "success" but rather for being a bunch of arrogant dee bags, divers, biters and whiners. They would come in dead last in the respect poll.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

what exactly have the canucks won to breed such contempt? a president's trophy? if this theory held true, the most hated team in the nhl the past 6 or 8 years should be the sharks. nobody has any real hatred for them for winning president's trophy's. hockey fans don't like vanvouver because they made a mockery of the game in the finals last year. you know biting, then taunting the bite- thinking it was funny or something. then diving all over the ice- giving the canadiens something to appreciate. the horton hit, and the vancouver  players seeing nothing wrong with the hit. luongo needing his tires pumped. vigneault crying to the media any chance he could get, you know, TT and the bruins taking liberties out there(obvious attempt to lobby the officials). an overall disgrace to the game, on and off the ice. people don't like the bruins because they won the cup, beat everyone up along the way(literally and figuratively), and look like they might do it again. get over yourself vancouver. all that being said, i'd love to see a rematch. nothing better than a cup final between two teams that GENUINLY don't like each other.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Wonder if we should do the playoff predictions thing again. It was nice seeing everyone's thoughts in one place.

I always have a soft spot for solid teams (specifically goaltenders) that experience a bit of turmoil before the playoffs. Everyone ramps it up, but sometimes a little chip on your shoulder can be that extra bit that prevails when the game is on the line or a series is in Game 6 or 7. Thomas and Luonguo fit that mold last year.

In 2012, I'm keeping an eye on Rinne and Lundqvist. Both are clearly elite, and both have been a bit shaky down the stretch. Right now, I'd give the Preds and Rangers my vote. That will change once we see matchups, though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Agreed, but i think it's best to wait and see what the matchups are for sure.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts