I'd start Turco on...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I'd start Turco on...

Sunday.

I know, everyone is saying, start Turco Sat v Washington; TT vs Pitt on Sunday.

I see the Washington game as more "winnable" for the B's right now.  If Turco is iffy out there and they lose 6-4 or 5-3, they blow an important 2 points.  Then TT likely loses to Crosby and Company.

I'd much rather see the B's go all-in for the 2 points on Saturday with Thomas and let the chips fall for Turco v Pitt.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Re: I'd start Turco on...

In Response to I'd start Turco on...:
    [QUOTE]Sunday. I know, everyone is saying, start Turco Sat v Washington; TT vs Pitt on Sunday. I see the Washington game as more "winnable" for the B's right now.  If Turco is iffy out there and they lose 6-4 or 5-3, they blow an important 2 points.  Then TT likely loses to Crosby and Company. I'd much rather see the B's go all-in for the 2 points on Saturday with Thomas and let the chips fall for Turco v Pitt. Thoughts?
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

TT in back to back. Screw Turco. Only use him if you really have to. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Use Turco on all back to backs. Save TT for the playoffs. Regular season is just not important.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]Sunday. I know, everyone is saying, start Turco Sat v Washington; TT vs Pitt on Sunday. I see the Washington game as more "winnable" for the B's right now.  If Turco is iffy out there and they lose 6-4 or 5-3, they blow an important 2 points.  Then TT likely loses to Crosby and Company. I'd much rather see the B's go all-in for the 2 points on Saturday with Thomas and let the chips fall for Turco v Pitt. Thoughts?

And what the "h-e-double hockey sticks" is this about "TT likely loses to Crosby and Co."? We are the Defending Stanley Cup Champs, and they are not. 
    Keep your head up and knock the crap out of them. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

He's not gonna get any better, or more practice, between Saturday and Sunday.  I say you start Turco on Saturday, and go with Thomas vs Pitt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Question is he ready ?  I doubt he'll put Turco against the Pens.  If anyting it'll be tomorrow.
    I get what you're saying but that's not how Julien thinks . 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Anyone have a picture of his mask with the Bruins colours?  There is a small pic of it on Boston.com's main page but nothing that shows the detail.  If seen him in practice wearing his team Canada mask from Torino Olympics and his Chicago helmet so far.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: I'd start Turco on...:
    [QUOTE]Anyone have a picture of his mask with the Bruins colours?  There is a small pic of it on Boston.com's main page but nothing that shows the detail.  If seen him in practice wearing his team Canada mask from Torino Olympics and his Chicago helmet so far.
    Posted by Rufus604[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen the mask, but I'm thrilled to see a Bruin's goalie wear a goalie number again.  Ed Johnston's jersey should always be active!

If I was PC I'd tell Tuuuuk his next contract was contingent on switching to #1 or 35!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]He's not gonna get any better, or more practice, between Saturday and Sunday.  I say you start Turco on Saturday, and go with Thomas vs Pitt.
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

I don't think he gets any better by Sunday, I'm just saying IF the plan is to use him in a back to back they shouldn't let Saturday's easier points get away.

I agree, the best course is to just use TT in both and start Turco later.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Playing devil's advocate: Turco both games.

Thomas has been getting beat glove side high on a regular basis.  He needs a rest.  Give him the WHOLE weekend off Friday (excuse him from practice), Saturday, Sunday.

Try to win one w Turco, and if you dont, who cares.  Regular season doesnt matter.  After this weekend, continue to use Turco in back to back situations.

I'd rather go in as a 4 or 5 seed w a rested Thomas than go in as a 1 or 2 w an exhausted Thomas.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I think  the team needs to get on a roll right now.  I would start TT both games this weekend.  CJ can rest him near the end of the month.  Hopefully they'll have some separation from the Sens by then.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I like the idea to get turco in there, one game wont give us any clue as to if it was a good pickup but all in all any rest for tt is welcome

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I say put him in on sat and see where he's at.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Playing devil's advocate: Turco both games. Thomas has been getting beat glove side high on a regular basis.  He needs a rest.  Give him the WHOLE weekend off Friday (excuse him from practice), Saturday, Sunday. Try to win one w Turco, and if you dont, who cares.  Regular season doesnt matter.  After this weekend, continue to use Turco in back to back situations. I'd rather go in as a 4 or 5 seed w a rested Thomas than go in as a 1 or 2 w an exhausted Thomas.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

But dont you think if they do not pick up points in winnable games like Sat, they end up swapping places with Ottawa and wind up a 6 or 7 seed?

Remember how important home ice was last year?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone have a picture of his mask with the Bruins colours?  There is a small pic of it on Boston.com's main page but nothing that shows the detail.  If seen him in practice wearing his team Canada mask from Torino Olympics and his Chicago helmet so far.
    Posted by Rufus604[/QUOTE]
    I'm pretty sure his Torino's mask in the HOF. That mask is when he played for Canada in the Splenger Cup this past Dec.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I'm with Soxfan. The Pens are going to be ready to fly if Kid comes back. Give Marty the opportunity to get back in the groove. Good place to start. Timmy has been usually great against the Caps. It's a team where he seems to find his groove against. Give Turco the nod against the Pens.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Playing devil's advocate: Turco both games. Thomas has been getting beat glove side high on a regular basis.  He needs a rest.  Give him the WHOLE weekend off Friday (excuse him from practice), Saturday, Sunday. Try to win one w Turco, and if you dont, who cares.  Regular season doesnt matter.  After this weekend, continue to use Turco in back to back situations. I'd rather go in as a 4 or 5 seed w a rested Thomas than go in as a 1 or 2 w an exhausted Thomas.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]
    There's a fine line between resting & hibernating. Thomas isn't going to be taking a whole weekend off this late in the season. Never would happen & I'd be extremely disappointed if Tim agreed to such nonsense! He's an elite goaltender who get'spaid to play for the Stanley Cup Champions. He needs his break, but he doesn't need a vacation. Worse thing you can do while you're in a slump is to stop playing all together. You need to play yourself out of it. Not walk away from it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

If Turco must start let it be vs the 11-18 away Caps.  Not that Washington is a soft touch but against a top club like the Pens who, if Crosby returns Sunday are sure to be amped, ably assisted by the frenzied home crowd, the Bruins need their Number One refreshed and rested. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to I'd start Turco on...:[QUOTE] I see the Washington game as more "winnable" for the B's right now.  If Turco is iffy out there and they lose 6-4 or 5-3, they blow an important 2 points.  Then TT likely loses to Crosby and Company. Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I see your logic SoxfanInIL but were trying to think how Julien thinks. Look at how Claude started Rask not the heaviest of opponents when comparing to whom he started TT against.

When listening to Julien speak of Turco after practice we have "he's getting there, very close" those kinda comments, hints lead me too think Turco won't start tomorrow and maybe not Sunday. I would say Julien wants the 2 points manana then say "what the hay" in Pittsburgh possibly Turco.

Really what PC and Julien want is to get Khudobin healthy asap. I agree with what you and I would want but it's Claude...

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Turco can have another practice Saturday morning while Timmy plays. If Timmy continues to be so-so than Turco gets the call on Sunday

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carltetus. Show carltetus's posts

He should play in Providence for couple of games before playing in the NHL.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Well, so much for that brilliant suggestion.

2-0 Caps on Thomas after about 8 minutes.  No points this weekend.

maybe Turco gets some mop-up work.