Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid

Lots of guys have spent a couple years in the AHL before coming up, often the really big or really small guys. If you actually believe Z Hamils stats run into him on the street sometime. 5 10 165 max. On 10 other teams in the NHL he's already playing in the NHL but the Bruins seem to draft centers whenever they can.

As bad as the team his, his obvious hunger this season in Providence, and having been top two scorer last season despite call up, and leading the way this season... he can't do worse than 1 goal, zerio assits and -5 in six games can he?

In Response to Re: Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid:
    [QUOTE]I also thought of this ... and then I realized, it's Zach Freaking Hamill. What a strange way to open the season.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Hamil is not ready. He has had his chances. Let him mature or trade him. McDermid could put some pressure on Thorton and he can be used for fight needed games. Let's not throw Paille under the bus. He does not have the goal scoring touch either does Peverly or Kelly but he is hard nosed and fast. He would play well on the third line. Hamilton will be the real deal next year or the one after. But McDermid is the best call up out of all the choices right now. Pouliot has been better than Caron and that is obvious and I am not sure why there is question on that. Pouliout just needs some time to get used to the system. If he does not let him go but I am pleading no more reclamation projects in Boston please.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Personally, I think its embarassing how much attention Hamill gets on this site. Given his first three dismal years in the organization, if he were pulling a Gretzky this year in the AHL I might consider calling the guy up. As it is, I cant wait until he fades awaaaaaayyy.
    Posted by Sportsnutty[/QUOTE]
    Nutty, I think that would be a big reason why you'd give Hamill another shot. If you're the player who sits in order for Hamill to play, there's a good chance you're level of play would improve upon returning to the lineup. When all else fails, shame can be a terriffic motivator.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid : Nutty, I think that would be a big reason why you'd give Hamill another shot. If you're the player who sits in order for Hamill to play, there's a good chance you're level of play would improve upon returning to the lineup. When all else fails, shame can be a terriffic motivator.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Having coached I know this tactic all to well. Its called "the stick" and i really believe it works. When one of your better players is dogging it you bench them and give "the stick" in this case Hamill the other player's ice time. Its not because you expect Hamill to be great (though I do expect him to be serviceable) its more of a wake-up call to the player who is taking a seat.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mohawkbruin1. Show mohawkbruin1's posts

First off on the stupidity!! What is hamill going to do?, macdermid is not ready for prime time, how is he better then thornton, makes no sense, a respected tough guy, loved in the locker room, two stanley cup rings, and you replace him with a unproven macdermid, that is stupid, and as for hamill, we already have a few under achievers why would we add to it, let him become a star in providence first and then maybe they will think about bringing him up, it aint going to happen, furthermore-how does benching a 4th liner help krecji and horton play better, more stupidity, why not try this -bench krecji and horton if u have to, not guys on the 4th line that play limited minutes and do their jobs well

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Do not mess with the KLH; Bergeron; or Kelly lines. Caron is always where he should be, and deserves more games. The Kelly line could be the best shut down line in the league, which could remove shut-down from Bergeron and allow him more freedom to provide offense. That leaves the 4th line, particularly since Claude insists on rolling four. This line should be adjusted to add scoring, whether it's Whitney, or Sauve, or Arneil, or Hamill [ 5 goals]. With Campbell and Paille speeding around and feeding a sniper, this would change all of the dynamics. In addition something needs doing on Defense. Hopefully the video review showed how poorly the defese has played, and how often the goalies [both] have bailed out the defense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]First off on the stupidity!! What is hamill going to do?, macdermid is not ready for prime time, how is he better then thornton, makes no sense, a respected tough guy, loved in the locker room, two stanley cup rings, and you replace him with a unproven macdermid, that is stupid, and as for hamill, we already have a few under achievers why would we add to it, let him become a star in providence first and then maybe they will think about bringing him up, it aint going to happen, furthermore-how does benching a 4th liner help krecji and horton play better, more stupidity, why not try this -bench krecji and horton if u have to, not guys on the 4th line that play limited minutes and do their jobs well
    Posted by mohawk_bruin[/QUOTE]

lol someone forgot to take their ritalin.

So if you Bench Krejci and Horton who takes their spots?? Pouliot and Paille?

Talk about stupidity.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid : Nutty, I think that would be a big reason why you'd give Hamill another shot. If you're the player who sits in order for Hamill to play, there's a good chance you're level of play would improve upon returning to the lineup. When all else fails, shame can be a terriffic motivator.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I agree Dez, motivation does seem to be lacking, as its clear some of the Big B's are still on the beach. But we need to score goals and not let in goals. On his best day Hamill is not better than any of the centers on the Bruins roster (even when they're playing poorly) at accomplishing these two things.  After 3+ years of mediocrity at best, I can't wait to never have to hear about this "never-was" again. Its ridiculous...Well maybe not as ridiculous as those calling for a return of Mephistopheles from the Slovakian League (edit: or KHL wherever he's playing now)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]First off on the stupidity!! What is hamill going to do?, macdermid is not ready for prime time, how is he better then thornton, makes no sense, a respected tough guy, loved in the locker room, two stanley cup rings, and you replace him with a unproven macdermid, that is stupid, and as for hamill, we already have a few under achievers why would we add to it, let him become a star in providence first and then maybe they will think about bringing him up, it aint going to happen, furthermore-how does benching a 4th liner help krecji and horton play better, more stupidity, why not try this -bench krecji and horton if u have to, not guys on the 4th line that play limited minutes and do their jobs well

What is Hamill going to do, how about put some points up. 

Hamill has 2 assists and a plus 2 in his 4 NHL games.  This is a list of Bruins who have yet to score a point in more games this season Jordan Caron, Benoit Pouliot, Gregory Campbell and Shawn Thornton. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mohawkbruin1. Show mohawkbruin1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid : lol someone forgot to take their ritalin. So if you Bench Krejci and Horton who takes their spots?? Pouliot and Paille? Talk about stupidity.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

okay so tell me how benching a guy like thornton will make the team better, if hamill does get the call, where does he play? how many minutes? is he going to take thorntons min? so he'll play 8 mins a game, tell me what will he do with that, i dont think he can do anything much with 20 mins a game, and back to stupidity, if your bringing up hamill then u grow a pair and bench krecji, not put paille or pouliot in there, do u even understand your own post, now if you want to send a message you bench your so called star players that are not playing like stars, if not then 2 things- leave it as is, or make a trade, no one in providence will be a difference maker right now, end of story, or else they would be here by now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mohawkbruin1. Show mohawkbruin1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid : What is Hamill going to do, how about put some points up.  Hamill has 2 assists and a plus 2 in his 4 NHL games.  This is a list of Bruins who have yet to score a point in more games this season Jordan Caron, Benoit Pouliot, Gregory Campbell and Shawn Thornton. 
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

first off, whats with everybodys hart on for hamill? second, put up points, wow he lights it up a whole 2 pts, third,  pouliot is a joke, caron could be fine if he plays some consecutive games, fourth, again why pick on the 4th line, has that been the problem, are they making millions to score goals? no, hamill has more points then krecji as well but his name is not on the list, maybe the coach needs to grow a pair and sit some of the so called stars that are under achieving, instead of calling up hamill and macdermid, why not make krecji a healthy scratch?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid : okay so tell me how benching a guy like thornton will make the team better, if hamill does get the call, where does he play? how many minutes? is he going to take thorntons min? so he'll play 8 mins a game, tell me what will he do with that, i dont think he can do anything much with 20 mins a game, and back to stupidity, if your bringing up hamill then u grow a pair and bench krecji, not put paille or pouliot in there, do u even understand your own post, now if you want to send a message you bench your so called star players that are not playing like stars, if not then 2 things- leave it as is, or make a trade, no one in providence will be a difference maker right now, end of story, or else they would be here by now

Christ man, take a second to breathe and relax before you post. Yes, I understand my own post well.

Thorton is more than just a 4th liner on this team, he is a 2x stanley cup champion with a very big locker room presence and is a team leader. Benching him for a kid who brings some energy into the same role he does send a message. A message that nobody is safe.

Also, Hamill is a completely different dynamic than pouliot (not that either are dynamic that is to say). Hamill has some offensive skill and an ok head for the game. Pouliot has little skill and a poor head on his shoulders but is bigger and faster.

Hamill at least changes the dynamic of that 3rd line that has been highly useless so far. Would it be an improvement? Maybe. Is it worth trying IMO yes.

If CJ's direct calling out of Krejci and Horton doesn't light a fire under their butts then yes maybe you bench one of them.

Oh and you asked where I would slate in hamill? Look at my first post again I was pretty freaking clear in it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

"Oh and you asked where I would slate in hamill? Look at my first post again I was pretty freaking clear in it."--I-Like-Hockey

The only thing that's freaking clear is that I-Like-Hockey is a fruitcake.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveTheBruins. Show LoveTheBruins's posts

[QUOTE]I was thinking of this myself.  Originally it was just MacDermind on the fourth line, and move Paille to the third.  But now I wouldn't mind giving Hamill another chance. My original idea: Lucic          Krejci       Horton Marchand   Bergeron   Seguin Paille          Kelly       Peverley MacDermid  Campbell  Thornton You might say, how does this help our offense?  It doesn't directly.  But it will change the energy and the top lines will start picking up the slack.  More goons is always good for this team. 
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

Goons...Lol.. I love that word!!

And a very correct statement

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]" Oh and you asked where I would slate in hamill? Look at my first post again I was pretty freaking clear in it."--I-Like-Hockey The only thing that's freaking clear is that I-Like-Hockey is a fruitcake.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

lol awwwww did you wet diapers again??? I'll tell you what. Why dont you try and rip on me again. Only this time dont go running into the other room to ask your grandpa what dirty word you should try and call me.

Try not to think too hard about it though I dont want you to overwork that puny brain and have another accident.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

I've seen Hamill play a few times, I can not imagine he would make any difference. I would rather see Chris Clark get get a shot, and send Pouliot to Reading.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Idea: Call Up Hamill/MacDermid:[QUOTE]Things could be worse. We could be talking calling up Sean Avery. Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha Nice!

Sections
Shortcuts