Idea on two line pass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Idea on two line pass

Lots of talk about putting the 2 line pass back into play. I agree it would help to eliminate the bomb and dump play but it would also eliminate the tape to tape break-aways which I think should stay in the game.

My idea - Whistle down a 2 line pass if the guy tips it, not if he controls it. Make it so if a two line pass is made, the guy receiving the puck must bring it over and control it over the offensive blue line before he can dump it. This means its a judgement call but it will eliminate the main thing that is frustrating - dumping the puck and being able to get back to your defensive responsibility quickly. If the guy has to carry it over the blue line, it will cause him to be out of position already.

This is not a perfect idea by any means, I'm just trying to find a way that it would be better without reinstating the 2 line pass.

Thoughts? Criticisms? Better ideas?

I know most of you say that the Bs series was exciting but I couldn't have been more bored watching the Bs playoffs than I was thid year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Idea on two line pass

I actually kinda like the idea, it would be like gaining control on a delayed penalty.

I would also like to see the refs focus in on all that clutch and grab interference nonsense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Idea on two line pass:
    I would also like to see the refs focus in on all that clutch and grab interference nonsense.
    Posted by lambda13

They do during the regular season and let it all go in the playoffs ... inconsistent in that area and in others such as discipline, in my opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I agree. Its bogus. A penalty should be a penalty regardless of what month it occurs in.

Sections
Shortcuts