If Bergeron returns...Who should Julien take out of the lineup?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

If Bergeron returns...Who should Julien take out of the lineup?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: If Bergeron returns...Who should Julien take out of the lineup?

i kind of have the same thread going already, but i'll still vote

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

No question you sit Thornton.  Love the guy (listen to him on 98.5 every week, and follow him on Twitter) but it's not about egos and he does not bring anything to justify his spot at this point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In Response to Re: If Bergeron returns...Who should Julien take out of the lineup?:
    No question you sit Thornton.  Love the guy (listen to him on 98.5 every week, and follow him on Twitter) but it's not about egos and he does not bring anything to justify his spot at this point.
    Posted by RickyHussle

I second this.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Anyone but Seguin. You have to play the kid!
    Put him on the PP

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Julien hates Seguin, he will be on the pine again despite his awesome goal and assist

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I absolutely LOVE Thornton and what he brings to this team every game, all year.  However, I voted him because, lets face it, Tampa isnt exactly a physical threat and at this point in the season, fights are few and far between.

Id feel guilty though, playing him as hard as they do all year only to sit him now.  Maybe rotate with Paille.  Paille has sparks of greatness, but they are so few and far between I dont get him.  I think Seguin, Paille and Ryder bring more to the team offensively than Thornton does, and thats what counts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I am fine with Seguin or Thornton sitting.  I understand the logic of both.  If I were CJ, and Bergeron was ready for game two, I would probably sit Thornton.  If it was game 3, it would depend on what Seguin brought in his second outing, particularily on the pp.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Top two choices: Thornton or Paille. Final decision: Thornton. Paille is a much, much better skater, obviously. Even without Thorton we have some guys out there with some actual skill who can "police" or instill fear.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Paille is more valuable than anyone really gives him credit for. As NAS once said something to the effect of - "people don't score when Paille is on the ice." Which is true in both senses but I'm ok with that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: If Bergeron returns...Who should Julien take out of the lineup?:
    Paille is more valuable than anyone really gives him credit for. As NAS once said something to the effect of - "people don't score when Paille is on the ice." Which is true in both senses but I'm ok with that.
    Posted by nrguy

Someone said Paille has no value.  I said Paille will kill penalties and provide some speed.  To which I was given a list of 10 Bruins fwds that would kill penalties over him.  Paille all day over thorton.  No team left in the playoffs has a skating clown.  There is no need for us to dress one.  Who on Tampa gives us that feeling that Thorton should dress. 
    He is a terrible player who takes extra long shifts.  Don't believe me.  I encourage people to watch the rest of his line change while he stays on. 

Loyalty or not.  I wanna win games.  Not watch him not fight anyone.  Pointless to have him at this point in the season. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I say Thornton. I like the guy, but he isn't bringing anything to the table right now to justify his spot. As much as I (and many, many others) rag on Paille, we're gonna need the guy to kill penalties is some important spots. Ryder, as much as I can't stand him, still has his moments (see: Bos-Mtl) where he steps up and scores a big goal. Seguin, well, come on, the kid played great in Game 1, and deserves more of a shot than one game where he scores a big goal and STILL gets sit down for 10-15 minutes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I say Thornton as well.....it's just the obvious choice.  But is it me or does it seem like Recchi just isn't cutting it this year.  And I've said that in the past and then he goes out and score some big goals.  So I guess I'm hoping he still has a few more timely goals in him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Love thorton as well but its the playoffs and less of a need for a guy who is pretty much just a fighter and a liability d wise every time on the ice. Seguin needs to play even if bergy is back in the lineup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

No Brainer---- Thornton.  Paille is underated.  If he did not have stone hands he would be a a top six forward.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carltetus. Show carltetus's posts

Thornton or Recchi. I would play Seguin with Marchand and Bergeron.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

In Response to If Bergeron returns...Who should Julien take out of the lineup?:

Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni

I love Recchi-the-man but Recchi-the-player is currently replaceable by an elite talent who may not "deserve" an "earned" chance, but who may he a big help. There are only a few games left so Clode needs to bite his pride (or veteran principles) and do what's needed to win.

Based on my own analysis of takeaways and other factors involving speed and goal-scoring capacity, I'd remove Recchi and put Seguin on the wing. He's originally a Right Winger.

Recchi's biggest virtue is being in front of the net. He's a natural goal scorer. This wouldn't be lost but only enhanced by using Seguin.

Obvious objection: Seguin's not tough enough a player to stand in front of the net.

Reply:
    Watch G1 against Tampa again (those few shifts -- a measly 9 and a half minutes of Seguin). He's no hitter and isn't used to getting hit, but he crashes the net and actually isn't very fearful when it comes to getting in their faces.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

"Reply: Watch G1 against Tampa again (those few shifts -- a measly 9 and a half minutes of Seguin). He's no hitter and isn't used to getting hit, but he crashes the net and actually isn't very fearful when it comes to getting in their faces."

I especially loved when he crashed and took a couple of wacks on one play, can't remember exactly when, and Stamkos acted like a big tough guy and grabbed him and he just stood ground.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Thornton, but my bet is that it will be Seguin.  Julien is stubborn.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-Unite. Show Bruins-Unite's posts

Seguin's not Wheeler.

" Reply: Watch G1 against Tampa again (those few shifts -- a measly 9 and a half minutes of Seguin). He's no hitter and isn't used to getting hit, but he crashes the net and actually isn't very fearful when it comes to getting in their faces." I especially loved when he crashed and took a couple of wacks on one play, can't remember exactly when, and Stamkos acted like a big tough guy and grabbed him and he just stood ground.
    Posted by RawrBear

Glad someone else noticed. All I keep hearing is how Seguin doesn't like to get hit. According to DJ Bean (in a Hub interview), who apparently knows him well, Seguin actually realized and publicly admitted that in juniors, other guys were going into the corners for him. He admitted it. His team didn't want him to be the one getting hurt. I wouldn't want the best player on the team injured either.

Yet he's saying he wants that to change. He's been saying it all year and I remember seeing him in a corner once, in the reg season after getting a huge hit (don't ask who they were playing). The kid just kept going like nothing was going on around him and his eyes never left the puck. I was pretty impressed by that at the time and it remains engrained in my memory. It was like the hit never happened.

Seguin's not Wheeler. He can be a great Bruin.

Sections
Shortcuts