if crosby gets concussed again...HOF?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if crosby gets concussed again...HOF?

can't stomach any more trade talk threads. so here's a different thread, i know it's not bruin-specific but here goes. if sid's career is ended this week due to another concussion, is he a hall of famer? he's in his 7th nhl season. he's played 417 games. he has 217 goals and 366 assists (583 pts). one hart trophy, one stanley cup. HOF?   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: if crosby gets concussed again...HOF?

Happens with the layoff since Saturday's game.
    I think he might just squeak in one day and he has the golden goal for the Gold medal at the Olympics.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

to those familiar with the nfl, he would be similiar to gayle sayers of the chicago bears. he only played 6 seasons... at a crazy high level, and was admitted into the hall of fame. i think sid would get in, others might think the sample size is too small. the hall of fame is reserved for those that were the best of their era. the question is, is 6 or 7 years an era?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No.  If he gets in so should Lindros. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: if crosby gets concussed again...HOF?:
    [QUOTE]No.  If he gets in so should Lindros. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    just trying to stir the pot.... bobby orr only played in 657 nhl games- that amounts to 3 more seasons played than crosby. ORR is a hockey legend, and was an automatic admission into the hall. this is by no means meant to be a slight to ORR (the greatest HOCKEY PLAYER to live), but something to compare sids numbers to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

This is kind of a morbid post but I'd say yes...

He's a generation player that is a proven winner...

Also, is anybody else happy he's back right now?

It feels weird rooting for an opposing non-ex bruin player so much but having Sid back is just great for hockey...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris3366. Show chris3366's posts

One thing Orr's seasons had fewer games and therefore his time played in seasons is longer than Sid's.  Just think of Orr's seasons were 82 games long how many points per season he would have ended up with. (Assuming he stayed healthy for the same number of seasons)

But I honestly think that if his career ended today that he is a no go to the HOF.  Only because of length of service.  Everybody on here states that players need longevity to be in the hall.  ie discussions regarding Tim Thomas, Lindros, etc. 

I have no doubt that if Crosby gets to the 9 or 10 season neighborhood he will get in if his career ended then.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yes, he should be a Hall of Famer. He is among the very best ever to play. On a semi-related note, he is on pace to catch and pass Phil Kessel for the scoring title by the end of the year. I think that says it all.

To Shupe's point, I also think Lindros should be in the hall. He went out with a whimper but for a time he was the man. I think anyone who has their name on the Hart should be in the hall. But Sidney has already been better than Lindros ever was, and has been more successful.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

judge for yourselves....LINDROS' first 9 seasons= 558 games, 324 goals, 405 assists, that's 1.3 pts/gm. his final 4 seasons his numbers tailed off with injuries, but there's no denying what he did in the first 9 years of his career. if anyone thinks sid's in after his first 6...then you've got to let lindros in as well.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I think if he retired today that he'd at least get his # retired in PITTS.

HOF idk, I wouldnt have a grudge if he got elected in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Sid is one of the top ten players of all time, already, so I would vote thumbs up on the Hall of Fame, even if he retired tomorrow. As good as anyone else in the league is today, Sid is way above them all. And I love Ovie but Sid's tops.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

If I had a vote, I'd add him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

ADK, good point on Sayers however like the difficulty Rice had getting into baseball HOF me thinks Sid would have the same. Differences are I think Crosby, even if he finished with 300 goals, is compared with peers of his generation. Sayers in those 6 seasons compared very well statistically with the other running backs of that era.

Rice one of the best of his time period in baseball but in the lower end of stats with only 381 HRs, baseball writers were resentful however of Big Jim's contempt towards them. This is where I think Crosby would have a chance in the NHL HOF ,not as many writers involved in the process who can resent him and why would they ? Crosby with all the media requests he gets Gazillions, is very generous and popular.

Even with 300 goals I say no because of his contemporaries success during the same era...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I would have to vote yes just for the simple fact he has been dominant in the short career he has had. His points compaired to the games played and the fact he has won a cup and an olympic gold medal puts him in in my opinion. Good question

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I think if you look at it as the hockey hall of fame and not the NHL hall of fame, then he gets in, because you can look at his international and amateur successes (2 CHL MVP's (the only two-time winner), Memorial Cup, WJC gold, and the Golden goal). I think purely NHL, he's borderline, but his international and amateur play puts him over the top.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

If he gets his clock cleaned in his next game and that ends his career, I would hope he doesn't get in. He has been the best player in the NHL for most of his seasons but not so dominant that he deserves hall consideration with such a short career span.

Sections
Shortcuts