If Hamil could add a ton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

If Hamil could add a ton

We could have 2 Hamilton's on the roster.

Lets GO ZACH!!!!

This is your last kick at the can!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Re: If Hamil could add a ton

He's washed up...career AHLer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

How fat would he have to be to add a ton?  No short yardage elephant team in hockey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't consider anyone a bust until they are out of the game for good, end the end of a bar broke or pumping gas somewhere.

Gms    G     A       P      +/-
    1998-1999     Portland Pirates-AHL     30     9     17     26     -3

A players stats above were 3 years after being drafted #13 overall. This same player is a 3rd line center contributing in the NHL. I will add this though, it is this year or Hamill is then most certainly a bust.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Hey San, is this a reference to Dan Cleary?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: If Hamil could add a ton:
    Hey San, is this a reference to Dan Cleary? Posted by lucicfan

Yep

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Yes.  SDB got the draft year wrong - 13th over all in 1997, not 1995.

Those aren't bad numbers - close to a point a game - for a guy just out of junior, and he did split the year between Chicago and Portland/Hamilton (traded to the Oilers).  Hard to call Cleary a real bust when he has played in the NHL every year of his pro career, but it did take him 9 years to post his first 20 goal NHL season.

But the point is still valid.  Cleary took a looooong time to become even a fraction of the player he was projected to be.

Tim Thomas is the best example on the planet, though.  I'm sure Colorado thought he was a bust.  I'm sure Colorado gave up on Johnny Boychuk because they thought he was a bust too (9 years post draft, he has a Cup ring); ditto Columbus with McQuaid.  Bruins dealt former 5th rounder and fairly successful NHL grinder Matt Hendricks for Boychuk, and a 5th round pick that eventually became Jaime Benn (who knew?) for McQuaid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Sandog..
    While hamill is still within his window.. I think the expectations on a number 8 pick are higher then 3rd line center.. He's not a bust yet, but he is certainly a dissapointment at this point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

In another few months, you'll walk into a Wendy's restaurant somewhere and Zach Hamil will be the one getting you your Frosty.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Sandog.. While hamill is still within his window.. I think the expectations on a number 8 pick are higher then 3rd line center.. He's not a bust yet, but he is certainly a dissapointment at this point. Posted by rolerhoky19

Found it interesting reading MOCs interview on NESN when he stated he went against his scouts wishes during a certain years draft (can't remember which). I wonder what happened during the days leading up to the 2007 draft ? I very week draft indeed but you just never know when a GM has his sights on someone and his mind won't be changed...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: If Hamil could add a ton : Found it interesting reading MOCs interview on NESN when he stated he went against his scouts wishes during a certain years draft (can't remember which). I wonder what happened during the days leading up to the 2007 draft ? I very week draft indeed but you just never know when a GM has his sights on someone and his mind won't be changed...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

No idea, but I think Hamill was the hail mary pick.. He has great vision (so we've heard) and his game is compared to that of savards, so if you got a savard out of this draft, great.. The bruins probably felt there were no other sure thing impact players, so why not take a chance on a guy who could be great..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

2007 draftees had a slow start, and it does still look like weak year when you look at:

2005 (Crosby, Ryan, J. Johnson, Price, Setoguchi, Kopitar, M. Staal),
    2006 (E. Johnson, J. Staal, Toews, Backstrom, Stewart, Giroux), and
    2008 (Stamkos, Doughty, Bogosian, Pietrangelo, Myers, Eberle, Ennis).

But the top end is getting better: Kane has been strong from the start, vanRiemsdyk looks like more today than he did a year ago, Couture broke out last year, Shattenkirk broke through last year, Subban (ugh).  Add them to guys like Gagner, Voracek, Alzner, Simmonds, Sutter, Eller, Pacioretty, and Perron and you have a decent list of guys who play reasonably prominent roles.  Turris and Backlund are getting every opportunity.  It may turn out to be simply a slow year, not a bad one.

Which will make missing with the 8th pick more damaging, but Hamill is still only 22 (half a year younger than Marchand), so I won't give up on him just yet. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The 2007 Draft has made a bit of a comeback over the last two years. It has been tough for any draft since 2003, it's the draft that is now compared to all that have come after.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

First of all, that's a pretty funny joke.  It's actually an awful joke, but it make me laugh.

Secondly, did you know that Taylor Hall wore a Red Sox hat to draft day?  He is going to the Bruins because he loves Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

First of all, that's a pretty funny joke.  It's actually an awful joke, but it make me laugh. Secondly, did you know that Taylor Hall wore a Red Sox hat to draft day?  He is going to the Bruins because he loves Boston.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

It was over a year ago and you're still on me about that?

It was worth noting. 

Several people thought it was interesting, it was unusual.

If Brad Marchand is seen wearing a Yankees hat, wouldn't someone (not you of course) ask what's up with that?

Sections
Shortcuts