If I am PC...I make an offer to the Caps for OVIE....right now

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Re: If I am PC...I make an offer to the Caps for OVIE....right now

Nope. Don't want Ovie for the same reasons as everyone else. His spark isn't there anymore. Shoot, he plays with two immense talents and still doesn't produce like he used to.
    Right now, the Bruins have a potentially enigmatic "2nd" line (I put that in quotes, because we just refer to the KLH line as 1st for continuity), and the KLH line is more than sufficient; you've got the playoff hero in Horton, the playoff scoring leader, and a guy who has established himself as a beloved Bruin. You obviously don't want to touch the "2nd" line, as MBS works incredibly. I don't think anyone wants there to be any messing with that line.
    In my opinion, the biggest thing the B's are missing right now is a 3rd line winger. I feel like at this point, Caron really isn't there yet, and Pouliot certainly isn't. I think that they're both guys who could play really well as 4th liners. The Bruins need an other two-way, 40-point per year guy (similar to Pevs) to play 3rd line wing. I think that is what would put this team above and beyond, as the top 2 lines are more than stout, the defense is stout, goaltending is outstanding, and the 4th line does exactly what it needs to do.
    The only thing I feel the B's are lacking right now is a guy who can play a little offense and be solid defensively on that 3rd line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: If I am PC...I make an offer to the Caps for OVIE....right now:
    [QUOTE]Nope. Don't want Ovie for the same reasons as everyone else. His spark isn't there anymore. Shoot, he plays with two immense talents and still doesn't produce like he used to. Right now, the Bruins have a potentially enigmatic "2nd" line (I put that in quotes, because we just refer to the KLH line as 1st for continuity), and the KLH line is more than sufficient; you've got the playoff hero in Horton, the playoff scoring leader, and a guy who has established himself as a beloved Bruin. You obviously don't want to touch the "2nd" line, as MBS works incredibly. I don't think anyone wants there to be any messing with that line. In my opinion, the biggest thing the B's are missing right now is a 3rd line winger. I feel like at this point, Caron really isn't there yet, and Pouliot certainly isn't. I think that they're both guys who could play really well as 4th liners. The Bruins need an other two-way, 40-point per year guy (similar to Pevs) to play 3rd line wing. I think that is what would put this team above and beyond, as the top 2 lines are more than stout, the defense is stout, goaltending is outstanding, and the 4th line does exactly what it needs to do. The only thing I feel the B's are lacking right now is a guy who can play a little offense and be solid defensively on that 3rd line.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]
    Could Comeau possibly be the guy to fill that roll? I'm doubting he clears waivers even though his numbers this year are pathetic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Hmm possibly? If he brought his game back to where it was, I would think he'd be a very good fit. He was a -2 last year, but it was with the Isles, after all.....
    If you look at the stats, he had shown legitimate progress every year until this year. Something tells me he is simply NOT pleased with something down there, and he wants out. If that's the case, then I think he'd be a guy to take a look at. If not, then I'm not so sure about grabbing him.
    I just have a hard time believing that someone can regress that much just by being lazy, especially when the progress up to this point was very evident.
    I think he was frustrated in NY, and I hope he gets another chance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: If I am PC...I make an offer to the Caps for OVIE....right now:
    [QUOTE]Hmm possibly? If he brought his game back to where it was, I would think he'd be a very good fit. He was a -2 last year, but it was with the Isles, after all..... If you look at the stats, he had shown legitimate progress every year until this year. Something tells me he is simply NOT pleased with something down there, and he wants out. If that's the case, then I think he'd be a guy to take a look at. If not, then I'm not so sure about grabbing him. I just have a hard time believing that someone can regress that much just by being lazy, especially when the progress up to this point was very evident. I think he was frustrated in NY, and I hope he gets another chance.
    I think we're on the same wave-length regarding Comeau. Even Ryder showed you can still chip in points while being lazy so it must be something more than that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Agreed. And as much as we were all frustrated by Ryder's lack of hustle, even his lazy-self was pretty nice to have as a 3rd liner.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed. And as much as we were all frustrated by Ryder's lack of hustle, even his lazy-self was pretty nice to have as a 3rd liner.
    Agreed. When Ryder was engaged, he played great. He just seemed all to willing to fall into a funk and less willing to work his way out of it. Sounds strange to say but being benched by CJ last year might have been a career saving wake-up call. The way Ryder was playing before that, he would've had trouble signing anywhere for a million this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

Ovechkin isn't going anywhere

And if he was, the caps would probably demand Seguin and Rask in return

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

No.
    We can't afford to play in 24 minutes a night. His salary is ginormous, and he's signed through 2021.

In Response to If I am PC...I make an offer to the Caps for OVIE....right now:
    [QUOTE]OVIE isnt going anywhere with Bruce Boudreau ...I offer David Krejci + Zach Hamill or Jordan Caron + our 1st round draft pick for 2012 in exchange of OVIE take it or leave it Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]