If, if, if, if, if

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

Re: If, if, if, if, if

they won two games in montreal in the playoffs 2 years ago - it can be done but WILL it be done is another question

In Response to Re: If, if, if, if, if:
    Sure it's not over but when was the last time the Bruins won in Montreal ? This was another one of my worries matching up against the Habs.  The Habs have proven they can win in Boston,  The Bruins haven't. Sure they could do it now and change the turns of event but given the facts as we speak seems like impossible. I do like your optimism.
    Posted by BsLegion

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

they won two games in montreal in the playoffs 2 years ago - it can be done but WILL it be done is another question In Response to Re: If, if, if, if, if :
    Posted by bailey77

Yeah I was just about to remind folks that they did win there two years ago. It's a bit clicheish but they just have to win a game. If they win the next one a seed of doubt and slight panic gets planted in the Habs for the following game because the pressure goes on them to not blow a two game lead. With one win everything can change. Now they just need to go there and win a game. I don't know if they will but if they squeak one out things could really change.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

b's had a much better offensive team two years ago starting with a healthy Savvy and a sniper named Kessel....

b's will be lucky to pull one out in Montreal....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

b's had a much better offensive team two years ago starting with a healthy Savvy and a sniper named Kessel.... b's will be lucky to pull one out in Montreal....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

Totally agree.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

b's had a much better offensive team two years ago starting with a healthy Savvy and a sniper named Kessel.... b's will be lucky to pull one out in Montreal....
    Posted by days-of-Orr

Ya I agree with that. The team has been a little over managed in some ways. We definitely had a team that was built to beat the Canadian style team. PK and Savy together were Canadian killers. I'm pretty sure Montreal fans were relieved when PK got traded. Seguin will be that guy eventually, we just gotta wait for him to get there. My major issues with this team is the coaching. Special teams have been pitiful, personnel decisions have been just as bad. Someone mentioned it in another thread, he had the fourth line on the ice with 2 minutes left in the game... That's just not right. Why in the world Kelly gets any playing time is beyond me. Ya he's a solid defensive player, but we already have Campbell Paille Peverly and Recchi that can all play in their own end. We need a scoring threat on that third line. Seguin's speed there could be huge right about now. He'd certainly give Ryder and Peverly more to work with, and he'd definitely be a better option on the power play than Mark Recchi

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by days-of-Orr

ouch PK did score against the Habs regularly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

if they win the first one in MTL - I think that could go a long way - if they lose, this series is done.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

if they win the first one in MTL - I think that could go a long way - if they lose, this series is done.
    Posted by bailey77

You're making perfect sense Bailey.Winning game 3 convincingly would mean some real momentum for Boston.Losing game 3 would be the kiss of death.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

yep, especially since they think that world will end if they (montreal) don't win on home ice after the pacioretty incident...you cant predict what will happen - it happened AGAINST us last year, why can't this be OUR year?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Sure it's not over but when was the last time the Bruins won in Montreal ? This was another one of my worries matching up against the Habs.  The Habs have proven they can win in Boston,  The Bruins haven't. Sure they could do it now and change the turns of event but given the facts as we speak seems like impossible. I do like your optimism.
    Posted by BsLegion

Last time we played them in the playoffs with TT in net.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

Tuukka should be in net and seguin should be activated - the two rebounds Thomas kicked out to them last night killed us - the rest of the team needs to grow a pair and get this turned around or we'll be golfing next to the Leafs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

i guess my simple question is do you think a better performance by TT would've made a difference or just made for closer losses?
    Posted by dezaruchi

Agree with this. I don't think TT should be taking so much hate from fans. PLay has not been super, but he hasn't gotten much help (and Rask would not have fared any better.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: If, if, if, if, if : Agree with this. I don't think TT should be taking so much hate from fans. PLay has not been super, but he hasn't gotten much help (and Rask would not have fared any better.)
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

We can hang the awful rebounds on Thomas, of course, but if Boychuk had picked up the guy crashing one of the two times, it would have been a different game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Tuukka should be in net and seguin should be activated - the two rebounds Thomas kicked out to them last night killed us - the rest of the team needs to grow a pair and get this turned around or we'll be golfing next to the Leafs.
    Posted by bailey77

No way.  Rask has been way too inconsistent this year. He's not ready to go into this big a game.  Thomas is no more or less to blame than anybody else on the team.  They play like crap in front of him and he gets the yank?  Gotta go with your best.  If Rask plays we're done. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

In Response to Re: If, if, if, if, if : No way.  Rask has been way too inconsistent this year. He's not ready to go into this big a game.  Thomas is no more or less to blame than anybody else on the team.  They play like crap in front of him and he gets the yank?  Gotta go with your best.  If Rask plays we're done. 
    Posted by scooter244

Agreed. and Seguin must play, but who sits? Kelly is pretty useless these days...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: If, if, if, if, if : Agreed. and Seguin must play, but who sits? Kelly is pretty useless these days...
    Posted by 49thparallel

Seguin in, Thornton out.  The playoffs have evolved beyond his abilities.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Seguin would be useful on the much better ice in Montreal his speed and occasional mistakes I could live with. It's almost leave your fastest guy up above the blueline to cherry pick time for Boston Claude better let them loose.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Seguin would be useful on the much better ice in Montreal his speed and occasional mistakes I could live with. It's almost leave your fastest guy up above the blueline to cherry pick time for Boston Claude better let them loose.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Dawg - I hear you.  That description fits Kessel to a Tee.  In some regards, he's PK's replacement, yes?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

I'm with you dez - i would take pierre mcguire ANY day over healy - he's crude, un-cooth and I can't listen to him OR Bob Cole

In Response to Re: If, if, if, if, if : I'm not saying he's wrong but Healy is my least favourite HNIC announcer.I can't stand him.
    Posted by dezaruchi

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to If, if, if, if, if:
    If the B's won the first two games, then lost two, would there be so much gloom and doom? They play a seven game series, not a three game series, and as Philly showed, it's not over until one team is eliminated. I can't wait for the next game!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

'Gonna' win game three tonight!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

Problem is they haven't played with any kind of heart this whole year. On any given night there could be a completely set of different players on the ice.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to If, if, if, if, if:
    If the B's won the first two games, then lost two, would there be so much gloom and doom? They play a seven game series, not a three game series, and as Philly showed, it's not over until one team is eliminated. I can't wait for the next game!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

If,if,if you realized it is not a 7 game series. It is who ever wins four first. I personally think they'll come back and win, but passionate fans are upset and theyre upset not only at the fact they lost but at how they lost.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebagoking. Show sebagoking's posts

This site should have a grammer and spelling monitor. Then there would be 2 less things to complain about. I rarely post here anymore, I just pop by once in a while to see how stupid 98% of the posts are (and it never changes). To think that some people live for this garbage is quite entertaining to me.  GO CANADA
    Posted by pauly1

It's "grammar" genius.....thanks for the lay up!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I believe in the Bruins right now, and I will believe in them even if they lose tonight, just like I believed in 2004.  I know with each wasted opportunity the probability of my beliefs being realized drops drastically.  I just don't think being a sports fan in general would be as fun if I couldn't hang my hat on slim chances.  I think NAS has made a ton of good points on this thread as well as other users.  I don't think that TT has really been at fault as much as the D despite some awful rebounds.  I am not sure Seguin will be an improvement tonight over anybody he was making alot of mistakes at the end of the year and we're already making enough mistakes.  I do believe you should make some form of change for tonight's game just to remind guys that the efforts have been unnacceptable.  I would probably make one of these changes therefore, and given Tuuka's extremely meiocre season and TT's Vezina effort I would insert Seguin and remove, Ryder or Kelly.  I think Paille and Thornton have been fairly good and I think Julien has been fairly responsible with there minutes.  Let's hope Chara is 100 percent and I feel pretty good!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

If 'if' was a fifth we'de all be drunk

Sections
Shortcuts