If I'm PC here is what I do in the off season

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

If I'm PC here is what I do in the off season

I'm going to pretend I'm Stanley, and think that I will be the GM this off season.

I do one of these two things. 

1. (both options start with this) Call everyone in the league tonight and try to find a taker for Peverley and Kelly. See if I can get a 5th or 6th rounder for one of them. 

2. If no one will take those players, buyouts. 

3. re-sign Tuukka. Contrary to ESPN, I think it'll be around 6M as opposed to their generous 8.5 per season. 

4. re-sign bergeron. whatever he wants, 8 years.

5. re-sign horton. Has to happen, and before free agency. First try to see if he'll go short term short money to try to cash in the next year. Tell him he'll get paid when the cap goes back up, if not, give him the 5/25 it'll take to sign him. 

6. sign, or trade for a decent third line RW that can be a good penalty killer. 1 or 2 year deal. 

You get a lineup that looks like this 

Marchand (4.5) Bergeron (5) Seguin (5.75)

Lucic (6) Krejci (5.25) Horton (5)

Spooner (.87) Soderberg (1.008) xxxxx

Paille (1.3) Campbell (1.6) Thornton (1.1)

Chara (6.916) Hamilton (1.494)

Bartkowski (.65) Seidenberg (3.25)

Krug (1.704) Boychuk (3.366)

McQuaid (1.566)

Rask (6)

Svedberg (1)

2.795MM in cap room to sign that one RW, with 1.822MM in bonus cushion room that could be used. 

option 2. 

repeat steps 1-5

6. trade boychuk. This is because i think Hamilton, Krug, Bart, and McQuaid should all be in the lineup every night. I would prefer to keep Seidenberg and Chara over Boychuk in there. I also think the guy is 29, at the peak of his value, and would get significant return. 

7. sign Redden, or another D man for depth. 

8. sign one of the following. clarkson, dupuis, or iginla for around 5-5.5 mill

lineup looks like this. 

Marchand (4.5) Bergeron (5) Seguin (5.75)

Lucic (6) Krejci (5.25) Horton (5)

Spooner (.87) Soderberg (1.008) Clarkson/Iggy/Dupuis (5)

paille (1.3) Campbell (1.6) Thornton (1.1)

Chara (6.917) Hamilton (1.494)

Bartkowski (.65) Seidenberg (3.25)

Krug (1.704) McQuaid (1.566)

Redden or whoever (.8)

Rask (6)

Svedberg (1)

cap room 362K with 1.822 in bonus cushion room. 

My two cents. I'm sure most will think I'm stupid. Luckily I'm not the GM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: If I'm PC here is what I do in the off season

If I'm PC, here's what I do in the off season

1) avoid fans, especially those with opinions.

2) get to the beach at least a couple of times

3) maybe lose a little weight

4) shave

5) prank call Shero from a pay phone

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

bostonfan - now, see? You say you're pretending to be Stanley, but already you have failed.

You actually put a lot of thought into your proposals.

FWIW, I agree with most of your proposals, but despite Stanley's aversion to Peverley, I think he could still be useful on this team. And Kelley is a good role player that provides depth.

But I guess we can't keep everyone.

Are you assuming Khudobin is heading to the KHL?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

4) shave

6) open New England's first Greco Donair franchise in Boston. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

If I am PC ....I give a call to Stanley to get some advices...and Stanley says Peter you will never get A 6round draft pick not even a frozen puck for PEV ...buy him out asap and make my day ....send Thornton to the Pats for a trial at their training camp and make sure he gets hurt so he cant play for the Bruins next season, keep Kelly and if Horton accepts 2.5$mm its a go....and if ever you get an offer that u cant refuse for Chara as long as bigZ accepts to waive his No Trade ..go ahead do it....keep up the good work ...and get those 4 Stanely Cups by 2020 si I can post ..."Stanley told you so". And please stop calling me unless youwant to hire me a special advisor

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

4) shave

Donairs.  A man after my own heart.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Priorities In order. 

1. Rask.  Signed to well earned extension.  If smart they offer low end in first year with pay raise for the folliwing.  Hes a rfa.  He may get an offer sheet. But if he wants to stay and win maybe they can make it work.  

2.  offer horton to a 3 yr deal that is worth about 4 per.  I keep thinking there is no way he takes a homer contract.  Im scared to death of his head. But hes a beast in the playoffs and the khl line is a beautiful thing.  

3.  Trade peverly. Unload that contract.  

4.  Bring in a cheap vet goalie to support and give rask a breather.  

5.  Caron is in the mix with Paille for the 3rd line with kelly

6.  A rw with speed and decent hands.  Its likely gonna be someone looking for a second chance buy low kinda guy.   

7. My heart picks up andrew ference at the deadline for one more run.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

4) shave

I even love the super donair from Pizza Delight that includes pepperoni. Delicious. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

4) shave

I even love the super donair from Pizza Delight that includes pepperoni. Delicious. 

And on a pizza crust.   There are some donair shops downtown halifax that i crave.  You feel like crapp after and need a shower.  But its a beautiful thing.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jf19told_ya_so. Show jf19told_ya_so's posts

Be glad you or stanley isn't the g.m.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Too bad it didn't go our way in the Final.  A couple of games that could have gone either way, but it just wasn't to be.  I thought Peverley played well in game 4, and was going to post something, before OT, but just didn't get around to it.  With that said, you made some good points.  Seidenberg can play left side, so it's not imperative, but I do agree that maybe a decision should be made to move one of Seidenberg or Boychuk.  The issue is I like all of the players.  I would consider moving Peverley, but then I get second thoughts.  He is a smart player who can take on that penalty killer role.  Which I'm not sure Spooner or the other kids could do.  I know Spooner could simply be the wing on the third line.  But to sum it up, it was a good season.  A lot of great games in the playoff run.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to mattc355's comment:

Too bad it didn't go our way in the Final.  A couple of games that could have gone either way, but it just wasn't to be.  I thought Peverley played well in game 4, and was going to post something, before OT, but just didn't get around to it.  With that said, you made some good points.  Seidenberg can play left side, so it's not imperative, but I do agree that maybe a decision should be made to move one of Seidenberg or Boychuk.  The issue is I like all of the players.  I would consider moving Peverley, but then I get second thoughts.  He is a smart player who can take on that penalty killer role.  Which I'm not sure Spooner or the other kids could do.  I know Spooner could simply be the wing on the third line.  But to sum it up, it was a good season.  A lot of great games in the playoff run.

Here are my issues. First and foremost, with boychuk and seidenberg, I think seidenberg is so much better than boychuk that it should never come to a decision between the two of them. Seidenberg is a very good number two d man. Boychuk is a good number 4 d man or an average at best number 3 d man in my opinion. he certainly elevated his game in the playoffs however. 

As for Peverley and Kelly, you can't pay that much for PK guys with the cap going down. Will Peverley be the 41 point in 57 game guy he was the year before? It's possible. In my mind it comes down to this. Who would you rather have, Peverley, Kelly, or Horton. You can probably take Peverley and Kelly, or Horton. I think Spooner is ready, and I think Soda is ready, so lets let those two play on the third line and find a cheaper RW vet that can do some penalty killing at 1.5 million instead of 3.25. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattc355. Show mattc355's posts

Here are my issues. First and foremost, with boychuk and seidenberg, I think seidenberg is so much better than boychuk that it should never come to a decision between the two of them. Seidenberg is a very good number two d man. Boychuk is a good number 4 d man or an average at best number 3 d man in my opinion. he certainly elevated his game in the playoffs however. 

As for Peverley and Kelly, you can't pay that much for PK guys with the cap going down. Will Peverley be the 41 point in 57 game guy he was the year before? It's possible. In my mind it comes down to this. Who would you rather have, Peverley, Kelly, or Horton. You can probably take Peverley and Kelly, or Horton. I think Spooner is ready, and I think Soda is ready, so lets let those two play on the third line and find a cheaper RW vet that can do some penalty killing at 1.5 million instead of 3.25. 

Kelly is kind of a boring player.  And if the line isn't a disorganized mess without him, you'd think it would be better offensively.  But for some reason I like having him.  With that said, you want more firepower from that line.  But Peverley doesn't really provide it either.  I keep waiting for him to click at a top 6 level with someone, and it just hasn't happened.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Every time I go there, I either get the large super donair or the large donair panzerotti.  I love them both.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Every time I go there, I either get the large super donair or the large donair panzerotti.  I love them both.

You can't go wrong with either GNB. Both are delicious. PC could make a fortune in Boston with a donair business. btw, your new avatar is awesome. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

You can't go wrong with either GNB. Both are delicious. PC could make a fortune in Boston with a donair business. btw, your new avatar is awesome

Thanks.  My 20 month old nephew wanted to go running last week, so I decided to put on my McQuaid tshirt (good ol' Maritimer) and join him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Priorities In order. 

1. Rask.  Signed to well earned extension.  If smart they offer low end in first year with pay raise for the folliwing.  Hes a rfa.  He may get an offer sheet. But if he wants to stay and win maybe they can make it work.  

2.  offer horton to a 3 yr deal that is worth about 4 per.  I keep thinking there is no way he takes a homer contract.  Im scared to death of his head. But hes a beast in the playoffs and the khl line is a beautiful thing.  

6.  A rw with speed and decent hands.  Its likely gonna be someone looking for a second chance buy low kinda guy.   

Caron is my new Zach Hamil.. I can't wait until he is gone so we can stop talking about his play/potential/trade value and move on. What a waste of breath lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

Priorities In order. 

Caron is my new Zach Hamil.. I can't wait until he is gone so we can stop talking about his play/potential/trade value and move on. What a waste of breath lol

He's got 25 points in 88 career games as a bottom 6 role player. How many points were you expecting him to have at this time of his career? He's still only 22.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think PC signs Caron to a one year two-way contract. He really played well in Providence down the stretch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

[/QUOTE]

He's got 25 points in 88 career games as a bottom 6 role player. How many points were you expecting him to have at this time of his career? He's still only 22.

[/QUOTE]

His top point production as a professional player is 28 points in Providence in 2010, the guy is a younger Kaspars Daugavins (who by the way had 54 points at Binghamton that year). Its time to move on from him. To be honest I like the chemistry on the 4th line as is and he certainly isn't a 3rd liner on a Cup contending team.. along with a $1.1 million cap hit. Rather see someone with upside at a lower cost. So long Jordan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[/QUOTE]

His top point production as a professional player is 28 points in Providence in 2010, the guy is a younger Kaspars Daugavins (who by the way had 54 points at Binghamton that year). Its time to move on from him. To be honest I like the chemistry on the 4th line as is and he certainly isn't a 3rd liner on a Cup contending team.. along with a $1.1 million cap hit. Rather see someone with upside at a lower cost. So long Jordan.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure why Daugavins and his AHL numbers are relevant. Saying he's a younger version tells me you don't really watch them enough to see the differences when they're on the ice. Daugavins has no concept of good defensive hockey. Caron excels at it. Put it this way, I can name at least 100 players who are in the NHL because they are able to play in their own end without adding much offensively. The opposite type of players are few and far between. Every team will make room for a guy like Vern Fiddler and they will all be quick to ship out players like Chris Bourque or Bochenski. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I'm not sure why Daugavins and his AHL numbers are relevant. Saying he's a younger version tells me you don't really watch them enough to see the differences when they're on the ice. Daugavins has no concept of good defensive hockey. Caron excels at it. Put it this way, I can name at least 100 players who are in the NHL because they are able to play in their own end without adding much offensively. The opposite type of players are few and far between. Every team will make room for a guy like Vern Fiddler and they will all be quick to ship out players like Chris Bourque or Bochenski. 

No, me saying that means that he is NEITHER the defensive stalwart you pull out of thin air NOR the mediocre AHL scorer that Daugavins is. He is a AAAA player that has no place on a Cup contending team. Both Daugavins and Caron are 6'2 ish 205ish warm bodies. I don't know what infatuation you have with this guy, but Bruins management agree with ME. Needing a 3rd/4th line player they played Pandawful, claimed Daugavins, signed Soderberg. To boot, for the money, I'd much rather have $500,000+ extra cap space and let one of the kids fight for that spot. Trade him and a 5th round pick to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

No, me saying that means that he is NEITHER the defensive stalwart you pull out of thin air NOR the mediocre AHL scorer that Daugavins is. He is a AAAA player that has no place on a Cup contending team. Both Daugavins and Caron are 6'2 ish 205ish warm bodies. I don't know what infatuation you have with this guy, but Bruins management agree with ME. Needing a 3rd/4th line player they played Pandawful, claimed Daugavins, signed Soderberg. To boot, for the money, I'd much rather have $500,000+ extra cap space and let one of the kids fight for that spot. Trade him and a 5th round pick to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Sections
Shortcuts