If Khudobin leaves?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

If Khudobin leaves?

There's a possibilty that the B's will just bring up Sveberg, or Gothberg to back up Rask. Which is the most likely since the B's will be pushed to the cap. However, here's a list of all the UFA's & what they make this yr. Who would like to see as a back-up? It'll have to be someone who could carry the load if Rask were to get hurt. Mine is a tie between Emery, Theodore & Ellis.

Ray Emery- 1.1

Jose Theodore- 1.5

Mathieu Garon- 1.3

Dan Ellis- .80

Al Montoya- .06

C. Nihlstorp- 1.0

Yann Denis- .80

Chris Mason- 1.5

Tim Thomas- 5.0

Evgeni Nabokov- 2.75

Curtis McElhinney- .75

Mike Smith- 2.0 ( Can't see the Yotes not re-signing)

Jason Labarbera- 1.2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: If Khudobin leaves?

Why do you think Khudo will leave?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I am curious also afterall he is signed for this season. At the moment i am not worrying about the goaltending.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=top_goalies

My money is on Svedberg Nite,  25 wins out of 34 starts this season and got his 3rd shutout last night as a rookie in the AHL. Gothberg will play another year at North Dakota and would need a couple of years in minors first. He's only 20 so he has time to develope.

Whomever is Chiarelli's goalie scout is he is on fire.

PS. Volden's SV% is .924 in the Mestis Fin League this season. Hope he is in Providence next year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think there's a possibilty that with him a UFA as well someone will offer him more than what the B's are willing, or able to do. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

My money is on Svedberg Nite,  25 wins out of 34 starts this season and got his 3rd shutout last night as a rookie in the AHL. Gothberg will play another year at North Dakota and would need a couple of years in minors first. He's only 20 so he has time to develope.

Whomever is Chiarelli's goalie scout is he is on fire.

PS. Volden's SV% is .924 in the Mestis Fin League this season. Hope he is in Providence next year.

I won't disagree with you, but I think with Svedberg you have another Thomas/Rask situation. The B's left Rask in Prov & brought in Auld & Fernandez to let Rask play as much as possible. So since that's the way PC thinks & it looks like it worked so far. He'll probably do the same for Svedberg. No?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:

I am curious also afterall he is signed for this season. At the moment i am not worrying about the goaltending.

For the love of GOD almighty...It's just a thread asking for opinions on who we'd like as fans as a backup to Rask if the present UFA goalie next yr goes elsewhere! Geezman!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

My money is on Svedberg Nite,  25 wins out of 34 starts this season and got his 3rd shutout last night as a rookie in the AHL. PS. Volden's SV% is .924 in the Mestis Fin League this season. Hope he is in Providence next year.

I won't disagree with you, but I think with Svedberg you have another Thomas/Rask situation. The B's left Rask in Prov & brought in Auld & Fernandez to let Rask play as much as possible. So since that's the way PC thinks & it looks like it worked so far. He'll probably do the same for Svedberg. No?

If Svedberg plays well in some exhibition games this fall, I say you go with a hot goalie. Also cap going down to $64M, every little bit counts. I don't know how Khudobin thinks but friends, I know, that live n work in Boston hear that the Russian kid loves the international community of Boston. That sometimes can go a long way.

No telling how how Chiarelli plays this one. More than likely he will rely on Coach Cassidy and goalie coach Bob Essensa. Remember also Svedberg might tell his agent he doesn't want to play another year in Providence like Khudobin did.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Where is Hannu Pekka Toivonen (aka Goldilocks) when you need him? B's should put a call out to The Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL No cap worries there!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

My money is on Svedberg Nite,  25 wins out of 34 starts this season and got his 3rd shutout last night as a rookie in the AHL. PS. Volden's SV% is .924 in the Mestis Fin League this season. Hope he is in Providence next year.

If Svedberg plays well in some exhibition games this fall, I say you go with a hot goalie. Also cap going down to $64M, every little bit counts. I don't know how Khudobin thinks but friends, I know, that live n work in Boston hear that the Russian kid loves the international community of Boston. That sometimes can go a long way.

No telling how how Chiarelli plays this one. More than likely he will rely on Coach Cassidy and goalie coach Bob Essensa. Remember also Svedberg might tell his agent he doesn't want to play another year in Providence like Khudobin did.

I agree with that as well, the only thing is that this will be his only chance at cashing in as a UFA. I think with the goalie situation still in such a mess for so many teams, I think he'll get an offer of the 2.5-3 range. Don't think he's earned that yet, but a team like the Stars could end up forking over. Kari L is a great goalie, but a band-aid & Dallas seems to lose close games when Kari isn't in the net. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Well do you think the Bs would use him as trade bait for a forward? Then just sign a goalie to play back up?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to PAULICAS1975's comment:

Well do you think the Bs would use him as trade bait for a forward? Then just sign a goalie to play back up?

I don't think Khudobin will go anywhere until July,1. Unless PC puts him as part of the package to Fla to grab Weiss with Theodore coming back here. But, that's more of a wish on my part. Fla has their future goalie in Markstrom, but he's only 23 & may need some more time to develope. So, for the most part to answer your question....No, I don't think PC will use him for trade bait unless it's for another UFA coming back.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I think there's a possibilty that with him a UFA as well someone will offer him more than what the B's are willing, or able to do. 

Agree. I think Khudo is our best trade piece right now... package him with Ference and a pick, you could get a good return.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Agree. I think Khudo is our best trade piece right now... package him with Ference and a pick, you could get a good return.

And then who would be the Bruins backup ?

No, No, No not Theodore...Nite

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

And then who would be the Bruins backup ?

No, No, No not Theodore...Nite

He plays well in the play-offs Sandog. He did it with the Habs, Av's & Panthers. If something should happen to Rask you know you at least have someone that can perform in that environment. He's not a guy I'd want to depend on, but out all that's out there as a UFA he has the best play-off track record.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

He plays well in the play-offs Sandog. He did it with the Habs, Av's & Panthers. If something should happen to Rask you know you at least have someone that can perform in that environment. He's not a guy I'd want to depend on, but out all that's out there as a UFA he has the best play-off track record.

"Play-off track record" for next year's UFA goalies:

The best 

Theodore 21-30

And some of the rest

Khabibulin 39-31

Nabokov 40-38

Smith 10-8

Emery 20-15

Boucher 21-18

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Khudobin mulls move to KHL when Bruins
    contract ends

http://www.csnne.com/article/khudobin-mulls-move-khl-when-bruins-contract-ends

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

"Play-off track record" for next year's UFA goalies:

The best 

Theodore 21-30

And some of the rest

Khabibulin 39-31

Nabokov 40-38

Smith 10-8

Emery 20-15

Boucher 21-18

Chowda....I know about the perspective records on the goalie's OK? Bad choice of words on my part. I was talking IF Khudobin was to be moved at this deadline. Emery's isn't going anywhere. Nabby has totally sukked in his last 3 play-offs. Smith isn't going anywhere. Boucher????? really... Khabibulin I did miss, but he's 39 with a bad back. Theodore inspite of his w/l ratio really doesn't say how well he's played. He carried Fla in a lot of games last yr in their run. With a better system & d in front of him. I think he's the best option that would be available. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Bunch of nuts....Khudo will be our #1 before this season ends...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

If Khodobin leaves then Svedberg becomes the backup and Suban begins his pro career in Providence.   If not Suban plays his over-age year in the OHL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Khudobin mulls move to KHL when Bruins
    contract ends

http://www.csnne.com/article/khudobin-mulls-move-khl-when-bruins-contract-ends

Thanks Chowda... missed that article. Has there been any comments since that would indicate he's not happy here?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

it's kind of a catch -22..If Khudobin plays well in his back up role he is going to want to start, whether it be in the nHL or the KHL, can't blame him there. But don't forget, Tuuka is a UFA also, should he do well and the team advances far into the playoffs, he's going to want to be paid..If your Rasks agent, you see what goalies like Bryzgalov make etc..To me the key is locking Tuuka up long term, might get more difficult to do the better he plays.

With Khudobin the Bruins have some depth, without him, not so much. If things keep going the way they are, I can't see Khudobin signing here to be a back up again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

If Khodobin leaves then Svedberg becomes the backup and Suban begins his pro career in Providence.   If not Suban plays his over-age year in the OHL.

I doubt this happens. First round draft choices don't stay for over-age years. At least I can't recall any.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

For the love of GOD almighty...It's just a thread asking for opinions on who we'd like as fans as a backup to Rask if the present UFA goalie next yr goes elsewhere! Geezman!!

You cry about me picking on you and then you post like this.

You know who I'd like to see backing up Rask?  The 2011-12 version of Jon Quick.

Sections
Shortcuts