If Khudobin leaves?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: If Khudobin leaves?

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Chowda....I know about the perspective records on the goalie's OK? Bad choice of words on my part. I was talking IF Khudobin was to be moved at this deadline. Emery's isn't going anywhere. Nabby has totally sukked in his last 3 play-offs. Smith isn't going anywhere. Boucher????? really... Khabibulin I did miss, but he's 39 with a bad back. Theodore inspite of his w/l ratio really doesn't say how well he's played. He carried Fla in a lot of games last yr in their run. With a better system & d in front of him. I think he's the best option that would be available. 

Why would they trade him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Chowda....I know about the perspective records on the goalie's OK? Bad choice of words on my part. I was talking IF Khudobin was to be moved at this deadline. Emery's isn't going anywhere. Nabby has totally sukked in his last 3 play-offs. Smith isn't going anywhere. Boucher????? really... Khabibulin I did miss, but he's 39 with a bad back. Theodore inspite of his w/l ratio really doesn't say how well he's played. He carried Fla in a lot of games last yr in their run. With a better system & d in front of him. I think he's the best option that would be available. 

Why would they trade him?

Why do teams usually make a trade at the deadline? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And then who would be the Bruins backup ?

No, No, No not Theodore...Nite

If something should happen to Rask you know you at least have someone that can perform in that environment. He's not a guy I'd want to depend on, but out all that's out there as a UFA he has the best play-off track record.

Ok let me ask a different way- Why has Jose's numbers fallen off from being a true starting goalie or why the decline since his career year of 2002 ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

If Khodobin leaves then Svedberg becomes the backup and Suban begins his pro career in Providence.   If not Suban plays his over-age year in the OHL.

I doubt this happens. First round draft choices don't stay for over-age years. At least I can't recall any.

Well this post puts things into a different perspective. So it most likey will go Svedberg backing up Rask. Then Subban will move up to Provindence as the starter there. Is that what you think will happen Chowda? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

And then who would be the Bruins backup ?

No, No, No not Theodore...Nite

If something should happen to Rask you know you at least have someone that can perform in that environment. He's not a guy I'd want to depend on, but out all that's out there as a UFA he has the best play-off track record.

Ok let me ask a different way- Why has Jose's numbers fallen off from being a true starting goalie or why the decline since his career year of 2002 ?

I know his stats aren't great & his starts with the Caps in the play-offs were awful. None of the goalie's I listed are appealing to me. But IF PC were to move AK in a deal. He'd neeed a goalie to come back unless he's going to bring Svedberg up. Which if that happens I'd be happy. Out of the goalie's I listed, Theodore, Emery & Ellis are the one's I'd be satisified with. In spite of Jose' stats. With Montreal & Colorado & in his 3 of 4 starts with the Panthers he played better than his stats show. If Clemmenson didn't have a yr left on his contract I'd take him over Theodore. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I know his stats aren't great & his starts with the Caps in the play-offs were awful. None of the goalie's I listed are appealing to me. But IF PC were to move AK in a deal. He'd neeed a goalie to come back unless he's going to bring Svedberg up. Which if that happens I'd be happy. Out of the goalie's I listed, Theodore, Emery & Ellis are the one's I'd be satisified with. In spite of Jose' stats. With Montreal & Colorado & in his 3 of 4 starts with the Panthers he played better than his stats show. If Clemmenson didn't have a yr left on his contract I'd take him over Theodore. 

I just don't get it.  Why would they trade Khudobin and then trade for a backup goalie?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

I agree with that as well, the only thing is that this will be his only chance at cashing in as a UFA. I think with the goalie situation still in such a mess for so many teams, I think he'll get an offer of the 2.5-3 range. Don't think he's earned that yet, but a team like the Stars could end up forking over. Kari L is a great goalie, but a band-aid & Dallas seems to lose close games when Kari isn't in the net. 

Khudobin has played in 10 NHL games.  No way he's getting 2.5-3M.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

A number of things happen if Khudo leaves.

1) Stanley jumps off a bridge.

2) Svedberg is just a shade too green, but maybe.

3) Subban also probably too green, but an outside shot

4) Gothberg is no where near ready, he's just a college freshman right now.

5) True backup goalie, not marquee names as mentioned earlier, are a dime a dozen and they suffice to get the job done.  They got into a pinch last year and dug up Marty Turco and he did his job

6) the 2 arguments that some people love to throw in.  Yes, this is a dig.  If it hits you, all the better.

a) they won a cup didn't they?

b) if you play well enough 5 on 5 nothing else matters.  (since 5 on 5 excludes a goalie)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If Clemmenson didn't have a yr left on his contract I'd take him over Theodore. 

Have you seen any Florida games this year?  I've watched a lot of them.  I fully disagree with this.  Theodore is playing pretty well, despite the joke of a team in front of him.  Clemmenson quite simply has not.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Have you seen any Florida games this year?  I've watched a lot of them.  I fully disagree with this.  Theodore is playing pretty well, despite the joke of a team in front of him.  Clemmenson quite simply has not.

Yes I watch Scott a couple of times & he played well. Last one was against the Flyers the other nite. I also know how effective he can be under a defensive system like he had in Jersey. Always liked Clemmenson as a back up.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yes I watch Scott a couple of times & he played well. Last one was against the Flyers the other nite. I also know how effective he can be under a defensive system like he had in Jersey. Always liked Clemmenson as a back up.

Which other games did you watch this year?  Did you see the other Flyers game?

Or how about this Caps game:  http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20122013,2,182&lang=en

Journeyman backup goaltenders are pretty awful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

5) True backup goalie, not marquee names as mentioned earlier, are a dime a dozen and they suffice to get the job done.  They got into a pinch last year and dug up Marty Turco and he did his job

6) the 2 arguments that some people love to throw in.  Yes, this is a dig.  If it hits you, all the better.

a) they won a cup didn't they?

b) if you play well enough 5 on 5 nothing else matters.  (since 5 on 5 excludes a goalie)

How much did you drink last night?  The only job Marty Turco did last year was open the gate.  He was the worst goalie in the league.

No idea what the dig in 6 is about in the context of this thread.  Not a clue.  "What happens if Khudobin leaves?" "They won a cup didn't they?"  Why not "Weasels mate for life!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

nite, not to pile on, but this is at least the second thread you've started that invited e-harmony speculation where the responses have gone a direction you didn't like - to your frustration.  Surely you see a pattern here?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

3.37 GAA and .893 SV% is awesome!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

How much did you drink last night?  The only job Marty Turco did last year was open the gate.  He was the worst goalie in the league.

No idea what the dig in 6 is about in the context of this thread.  Not a clue.  "What happens if Khudobin leaves?" "They won a cup didn't they?"  Why not "Weasels mate for life!"

True, but Turco was .500.  He was a body to plug in between the pipes.  Yes, I didn't elaborate, but if the Bruins could find someone last minute like they did with Turco and could even win one game with him, I would think if you gave them all summer they could find somebody better.

re: #6.  True, no sense in the context of this thread, but that's my point.  I keep hearing that all the time as the trump card in all theses arguments.

"Thornton is a waster of a roster spot"

but they won the cup didn't they?

"I think there is too much black in their 3rd uni"

but they won the cup, didn't they?

5 on 5.  Yes, out of context, but if the rationale is that you don't need a pp if you play well enough 5 on 5, then you don't need a goalie either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

5 on 5.  Yes, out of context, but if the rationale is that you don't need a pp if you play well enough 5 on 5, then you don't need a goalie either.

Didn't know they played 5 on 5 without goalies. Thanks, I'll watch for this next game I watch.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Would you say there is a slight difference between "playing pretty well" and "awesome"?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Would you say there is a slight difference between "playing pretty well" and "awesome"?

Now what is it ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

nite, not to pile on, but this is at least the second thread you've started that invited e-harmony speculation where the responses have gone a direction you didn't like - to your frustration.  Surely you see a pattern here?

And I honestly think I changed it around enough just to get some opinions on a topic. I'm only speaking hypothetically here with a bunch of capital IF's. Not saying PC should/would. AK will be an UFA next yr. So, there's a chance that he'll over price himself in the hopes of being able to play more. Boston will be strapped as it is. AK is younger then any of the above goalies I mentioned. It's his first & maybe last chance to get a better contract elsewhere. One that the B's wont be able to afford. So, since that possibilty is there; there's also a chance that AK could be part of a deal to bring in another player to replace Bourque on the 3rd line at the deadline.

So I'm using Fla as an example OK, because I'd love for the B's to get Stephen Weiss. What & who goes from Boston is irrelevent. Again I'm speaking hypothetically here. Fla has Markstrom for their future, but will he be ready to take over as a #1 next yr? Only Dale Tallon knows this. Again IF AK does get moved & FLA is the trade partner. That will leave Boston with no backup. Since Theodore is the UFA between he & Clemmenson it's most likely he'll be the one that gets moved. PC I'm sure has a game plan with regards to his goalie's. So, Theodore comes over to replace AK for the play-offs. Then PC will either bring Svedberg up next season, or he'll sign a UFA. Which out of the UFA's would you like to see come & do that job? What's so difficult about this? This is a hockey board & I'm talking hockey. What difference does it make what the subject line is? This isn't a pipe dream thread. Weiss IMO isn't a pipe dream & could become a Bruin. A Bobby Ryan, Getzlaf, or Perry is. So I really don't understand the flack on this. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Nite asked a  question of what happens if Khudobin leaves. Legit question or concern, the other goalies in the Bruins system may be too young and or not ready to handle the back up role, or it makes no sense to have them in a back up role at this point in their careers..Not Nites fault which direction the thread takes.

To answer your question Nite, I think, like I said before the rest of the goalies being on the younger side the Bruins would like an older goalie with some more esperience, especially if Rask goes down.

I think Curtis McElhinney would be a perfect fit. He's 29, and I like his game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Which other games did you watch this year?  Did you see the other Flyers game?

Or how about this Caps game:  http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20122013,2,182&lang=en

Journeyman backup goaltenders are pretty awful.

Emery & Ellis are playing quite well wouldn't you say? Isn't it the norm for most teams to have a bonafide #1 & a journeyman backup? Boston had the luxury of having 2 bonafide #1's for the past 3 seasons. So, I really don't understand your point.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Nite asked a  question of what happens if Khudobin leaves. Legit question or concern, the other goalies in the Bruins system may be too young and or not ready to handle the back up role, or it makes no sense to have them in a back up role at this point in their careers..Not Nites fault which direction the thread takes.

To answer your question Nite, I think, like I said before the rest of the goalies being on the younger side the Bruins would like an older goalie with some more esperience, especially if Rask goes down.

I think Curtis McElhinney would be a perfect fit. He's 29, and I like his game.

Thank You Kelv! You didn't have a building fall on you, or explode by answering that did you?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from inflamedcolon. Show inflamedcolon's posts

I like Khudo.  I even predicted he would surpass Tuukka sooner than later.  However, I think he is going to leave.  He said coming of the lockout he was strongly considering going back to the KHL full time.  Can't blame him - more $$$ to play in his homeland and more playing time. 

In regard to the question at hand, I think Svedberg is the front runner.  If it appears he's not ready, sign a journeyman veteran for the short term.  Rumors have the Bs trading for Theodore.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to inflamedcolon's comment:

I like Khudo.  I even predicted he would surpass Tuukka sooner than later.  However, I think he is going to leave.  He said coming of the lockout he was strongly considering going back to the KHL full time.  Can't blame him - more $$$ to play in his homeland and more playing time. 

In regard to the question at hand, I think Svedberg is the front runner.  If it appears he's not ready, sign a journeyman veteran for the short term.  Rumors have the Bs trading for Theodore.

LOL! I never heard this. Can you tell me where you did? Is this another Stanley alias?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

LOL! I never heard this. Can you tell me where you did? Is this another Stanley alias?

This should end the rumor right here Nite, it was the Boston Herald.

Sections
Shortcuts