If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him?

God I hope not. I really want to see this guy in a Bruins uniform for a long time. But I also understand that in the cap era we now live in, you can't overpay without running into trouble down the road. Just get him signed before Friday, PC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Re: If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him?

Offer sheets are fairly rare on the whole. Alot of top RFA's get re-signed no problem. The only real offer sheet that's been placed on a noteworthy guy is San Jose placing one on Nicklas Hjalmarsson last year, which Chicago matched.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

Re: If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him?

short answer: no, i  don't think theres a chance of that happening

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him?:
    God I hope not. I really want to see this guy in a Bruins uniform for a long time. But I also understand that in the cap era we now live in, you can't overpay without running into trouble down the road. Just get him signed before Friday, PC.
    Posted by BigChara

Have they not offered arbitration yet?  I am not worried about this.  I think he fits in Boston better than he would on another club.  He likely gets a 4 yr 12 million deal give or take. 
    There is always a chance I guess.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

I can't imagine PC would let it get to that point...

Marchmand's an important guy and the B's have a ton of cap space...

Plus, PC has been making all the right moves recently with the Horton, Kelly, and Pev trades...even the Kaberle trade most people were for at the time...

So I'm sure PC gets it done...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him?:
    In Response to If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him? : Have they not offered arbitration yet?  I am not worried about this.  I think he fits in Boston better than he would on another club.  He likely gets a 4 yr 12 million deal give or take.  There is always a chance I guess.
    Posted by shuperman

I don't think he's eligible for arbitration yet. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

I can't imagine PC letting him go but I also can't imagine Jacobs letting him go. pretty sure hes their top selling jersey right now

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

thanks scooter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Cant anybody spell MARCHAND correctly!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

beantown - 17 or not, no excuse for not remembering the Oilers trying to overpay Vanek, then ripping the lameass Penner from the Ducks via offer sheet.  Also, the Canucks signed Backes to an offer sheet, but the Blues matched then quickly signed Steve Bernier to an offer sheet in retaliation.

This is really simple.  If any team offers Mushmouth over $3.2M, the Bruins get a first and a third.  They'll match right up to that point no matter who makes the offer, and they probably match any offer up to $4M unless it's the Oilers, Islanders, Panthers or a similar team likely to be forfeiting a lottery pick.  It's a first and third right up to $4.7M. and then it only costs an additional second.  Anyone who wants Mushmouth that badly needs to listen to more Kenny Rogers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins made extended an offer, which means the Bruins hold the right of first refusal should Marchand receive an offer sheet from another club. Now just follow Books reply.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him?:
    Cant anybody spell MARCHAND correctly!
    Posted by saultont

i hope they are spelling his name wrong on purpose.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I can't imagine PC letting him go but I also can't imagine Jacobs letting him go. pretty sure hes their top selling jersey right now
    Posted by thedauber1

Right, because even though Jacobs has spent all the way to the cap for the rememberable recent past and has finally proven that he was more interested in winning a Cup than "selling hot dogs" unlike what all the blowhards have been chattering about who can't understand that its not 1992 any more, Jacobs, the guy they said was the reason the B's would never win a Cup, still deserves these garbage cheap shots taken at him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Re: If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him? : Right, because even though Jacobs has spent all the way to the cap for the rememberable recent past and has finally proven that he was more interested in winning a Cup than "selling hot dogs" unlike what all the blowhards have been chattering about who can't understand that its not 1992 any more, Jacobs, the guy they said was the reason the B's would never win a Cup, still deserves these garbage cheap shots taken at him.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL

i have always defended jacobs on these boards, saying that he has no negative effect on the team. this wasn't meant as a cheap shot at all. He is, however, a business man, and when theres a fan favorite who isn't under contract i'm sure he would request his GM to spend an extra little bit to keep him. if it comes down to matching an offer sheet instead of accepting a 1st and 3rd rounder, i'm sure jacobs would be all for it and voice his opinion as he should. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Jerry/Saulont ... I think Marchand's name is deliberately misspelled by the locals. It's an inside joke that I'm not getting from way out here in Pennsylvania.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

beantown - 17 or not, no excuse for not remembering the Oilers trying to overpay Vanek, then ripping the lameass Penner from the Ducks via offer sheet.  Also, the Canucks signed Backes to an offer sheet, but the Blues matched then quickly signed Steve Bernier to an offer sheet in retaliation. This is really simple.  If any team offers Mushmouth over $3.2M, the Bruins get a first and a third.  They'll match right up to that point no matter who makes the offer, and they probably match any offer up to $4M unless it's the Oilers, Islanders, Panthers or a similar team likely to be forfeiting a lottery pick.  It's a first and third right up to $4.7M. and then it only costs an additional second.  Anyone who wants Mushmouth that badly needs to listen to more Kenny Rogers.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Ahh how could I forget Buffalo stealing Vanek? Man you're right, there is no excuse. I didn't know about the Backes offer sheet or the Bernier offer though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Jerry/Saulont ... I think Marchand's name is deliberately misspelled by the locals. It's an inside joke that I'm not getting from way out here in Pennsylvania.

I believe that 'Marshmont' was coined by Tony Amonte (former NHLer and local Boston boy) and Michael Felger on the Comcast Sports Tonight show. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Jerry/Saulont ... I think Marchand's name is deliberately misspelled by the locals. It's an inside joke that I'm not getting from way out here in Pennsylvania. I believe that 'Marshmont' was coined by Tony Amonte (former NHLer and local Boston boy) and Michael Felger on the Comcast Sports Tonight show. 
    Posted by Bigpapa1977

The actual truth is some guy called 98.5 last October  wondering why he was on the team. He said he didnt know who "marshmant" was..they have replayed it a million times since and the guy actually came back on the radio at the start of the playoffs. They could play it a million more times, I still get a chuckle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

I think it's very unlikely that the Bruins do lose Marchy, but some crazy GM from a team that needs to spend large just to get to the cap floor could come and throw 5 mil at little Marchy, then what? Man, that would s u c k. We need to see little #63 running around driving opponents crazy and putting pucks in nets in Stanley Cup Finals game 7's again. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I will trust that PC has this one covered.

B's obviously need "The Wolverine" or "The Little Ball of Hate" or "Marshmont" locked up for the next few years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

In Response to Re: If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him? : The actual truth is some guy called 98.5 last October  wondering why he was on the team. He said he didnt know who "marshmant" was..they have replayed it a million times since and the guy actually came back on the radio at the start of the playoffs. They could play it a million more times, I still get a chuckle.
    Posted by kelvana33

Beat me to it...

I strictly refer to Bradley Kevin Marchand as "Marchmand" or "Marshmont" or however you want to spell it just because that caller was hilarious...

He was so pissed that Marchand made the team...

But yes, Marshmont came from the Felger & Mazz Show on 98.5 The Sports Hub and it's pretty funny...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Marchand and Bruins are like Bread and Butter (i.e perfect match)

But if a low caliber team (NYI, Panthers, Ottawa, NJ, Minnesota, Calgary, etc...) are willing to offer him the moon, and B's get a first and third round pick... hmmmm

I like Marchand (I have his jersey)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

The only way I see Marchand leaving is if a team offers him a ridic conract and the B's get some nice picks out of the deal. Marchand is quickly become one of my favorites in the league but draft picks are draft picks and it's always nice to have those for the future.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Didn't Chiarelli say that he would pretty much match any offer!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Well, that's what you say.  Then when the team comes in and says okay, well, we'll test you and we're planning to offer $5m+ so maybe we can work out a deal?  That's when you get two firsts and a second, and the two firsts work out to be top ten picks....

Sections
Shortcuts