If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him?

For sure if anyone is dumb enough to pay crazy money Chia will have to evaluate but it is unlikely to happen with Marchand.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him?

I think an offer sheet is possible but PC would match it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

I just can't forget the little Black and Gold buzzsaw ripping around the Canucks zone, setting up Bergy for the first goal, then scoring the second himself in Game 7 of the SCF. Marshmont is a hockey player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I was enjoying making fun of his name more when I didn't know there was a story.  I'll just keep calling him Mushmouth...no reason.  It amuses me.  Though his mouth gets him popped in the Mush more often than not.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Mushmond is probably tempting to more than one GM out there but I would agree that it's not likely but possible that somebody would throw down an offer sheet. There used to be an unwritten rule among GMs to not do that, but it seems to be slowly breaking down in recent years.

I believe Marshhound loves it here and would beg Chia to match. Can't you just see him following Chia around for like 2 straight days, every where he goes, asking "Did you match yet?....Did you match the offer yet?...How about now?....Where are we going now?....To match the offer?....I'm hungry...what time are you matching the offer?...Are we there yet?...Can I use your bathroom?............Did you match it while I was in the can??????" If that doesn't work he will resort to rapping "black & yellow" non-stop until Chia caves. Nobody could withstand that. Nobody!

Either way, I think we will see Markshont wearing the spoked B for many years to come.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

"*insert incoherent rant about Julien* and that Moshmont? Why is he even on the teaM???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him?:
    [QUOTE]Mushmond is probably tempting to more than one GM out there but I would agree that it's not likely but possible that somebody would throw down an offer sheet. There used to be an unwritten rule among GMs to not do that, but it seems to be slowly breaking down in recent years. I believe Marshhound loves it here and would beg Chia to match. Can't you just see him following Chia around for like 2 straight days, every where he goes, asking "Did you match yet?....Did you match the offer yet?...How about now?....Where are we going now?....To match the offer?....I'm hungry...what time are you matching the offer?...Are we there yet?...Can I use your bathroom?............Did you match it while I was in the can??????" If that doesn't work he will resort to rapping "black & yellow" non-stop until Chia caves. Nobody could withstand that. Nobody! Either way, I think we will see Markshont wearing the spoked B for many years to come.
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I think RFA's can simply refuse offer sheets.  They don't have to sign them the way they do a matching offer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dickfromeastham. Show dickfromeastham's posts

In Response to Re: If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him? : The actual truth is some guy called 98.5 last October  wondering why he was on the team. He said he didnt know who "marshmant" was..they have replayed it a million times since and the guy actually came back on the radio at the start of the playoffs. They could play it a million more times, I still get a chuckle.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

spot on! I still get a chuckle too

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

your right, and Marchand seems to love Boston. He doesn't have to sign anywhere else if he doesn't want to. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If Marshmont isn't resigned by Friday, is there a chance some team throws down a wildass offer sheet and we lose him? : Maybe I'm wrong, but I think RFA's can simply refuse offer sheets.  They don't have to sign them the way they do a matching offer.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

That's true. But whose to say Mashment doesn't sign an offer sheet from another team while under the influence of too many Amstel Lights and then in regret has to resort to begging Chiarelli to match? Okay, probably not, but I still like the image of Morchmond traipsing behind Chia like a 5-year old on a sugar high.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The Bruins gave Marshy an offer sheet last week, so they can match any offer. Also, Marshy loves his role with Bergeron, so he will stay, Cannot envision any offer over 4.0 for 3 years even from those who need to up their base. Existing players would clamor for a contract adjustment or fake it likw Slyder does.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]Well, that's what you say.  Then when the team comes in and says okay, well, we'll test you and we're planning to offer $5m+ so maybe we can work out a deal?  That's when you get two firsts and a second, and the two firsts work out to be top ten picks....
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]
    Thank you Phil Kessel ... the gift that just gave and gave.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

MARSHMONT!!!!

5'9", but plays like he's 6'6". Love his game!

Sections
Shortcuts