If my calculations are correct Bruins 1st round play...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If my calculations are correct Bruins 1st round play...

Montreal.  They will finish in 6th and with Caps winning tonight they will win the conference and Bruins finsh a point behind Philly and get 3rd place.
    Caps finish with 107, Philly with 106 and Bruins at 105.
    UNLESS the Bruins beat the Rangers on Monday night and the rest of my calculations stick the Bruins will be tied in 2nd  with Philly.  With as many wins and tiebreaker will be the head to head.

Update:
    Also if Chicago wins in Montreal tuesday it'll change things and Bruins don't play the Habs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: If my calculations are correct Bruins 1st round play...

BsL,
    I think we were meant to have a head on collision with them in the 1st round. 

And I say bring it on. 

If Miller is out for Buffalo and with the NYR having some issues as well I am pretty happy playing any of these teams.

I think Washington will finish 1st.

Caps vs Rangers  caps in 6
    Flyers vs Buffalo flyers in 6
    Bruins vs Habs bruins in 5
    Pens vs TBay tbay in 6

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I agree B's will play the Habs... but I think it is bad matchup. Their speed and pretty passing has been problematic to say the least and Price could catch fire! Still, I think we are the better team and would win the series in 6 barring injury.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic27. Show lucic27's posts

1. wash 8. carolina    wash 5
                             2. phil   7. buff          phil   6
                             3. bos   6. mont        bost  6
                             4. pitt   5. tampa      tampa 7

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

I don't care who we meet in the play-offs. Bring it on, I've been waiting for 3 wks. watching who will be in the post season. The pesky Leafs who will not give up and the NJD last hooray made the last 3wks. interesting hockey. The only stat about the Bruins that will concerned me is our record against the north east rivals not too impress with it, but the bruins are in a new season. The 3B's will need to stay discipline (no stupid penalties) and stick to the basics, finish the checks, fore check, no fancy sh.......t and work on the darn PP. We (the bruins fans) do have a good team but now is the time for the players to show us the fans they mean business. Because I'm so tire waking up tired waiting for the Bruins to get out of the Camel Clutch and get into 5th gear during the post season.

This post season is Julien's last Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The finals or a new coach will be behind the bench next season. I do not have nothing bad to say about CJ he did put us in the play-offs again but ???? for our coaching staff and the Bruins choking hazards in the play-offs. Good thing I have first aid and know how to help a choking victim.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: If my calculations are correct Bruins 1st round play...:
    [QUOTE]I don't care who we meet in the play-offs. Bring it on, I've been waiting for 3 wks. watching who will be in the post season. The pesky Leafs who will not give up and the NJD last hooray made the last 3wks. interesting hockey. The only stat about the Bruins that will concerned me is our record against the north east rivals not too impress with it, but the bruins are in a new season. The 3B's will need to stay discipline (no stupid penalties) and stick to the basics, finish the checks, fore check, no fancy sh.......t and work on the darn PP. We (the bruins fans) do have a good team but now is the time for the players to show us the fans they mean business. Because I'm so tire waking up tired waiting for the Bruins to get out of the Camel Clutch and get into 5th gear during the post season. This post season is Julien's last Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The finals or a new coach will be behind the bench next season. I do not have nothing bad to say about CJ he did put us in the play-offs again but ???? for our coaching staff and the Bruins choking hazards in the play-offs. Good thing I have first aid and know how to help a choking victim.
    Posted by boborielly224[/QUOTE]

You should take a nap when  you get tired.  Works for me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm telling you. Check the remaining games between the top3 and it should be simple math.  For the Bruins to finish 3rd I pegged them to lose tomorrow in NY.  If they do beat the Rangers in regulation and the rest goes as I think it will Bruins and Flyers will tied with the same amount of wins. 
    Bruins take 2nd.  I don't mind playing Montreal but not in the 1st round. Too too much distractions.
    Today's game is GO RANGERS against Philly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

If this happens Legion it will be the Bruins in 4 or 5. Price may steal one but that will be it. No Halak-like interventions this year.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Guys you all know the history here. No matter where we finish in the standings, they take us out. We panic and start trying to kill them all instead of sticking to the game plan. The only way we move on is to stay out of the penalty box and keep it 5 on 5.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Winning a play-off round is all well & good. Nothing taste as good as beating the Scabs! Bring them on! I do not see any team in the east with the exception of Philly containing the KHL line! I think Neely is going to feel like he's looking in the mirror watching Looch against the Canadiens! I think the comeback year he's had, plus the 2nd round loss still in his head the best is yet to come! I think playing the Canadiens in the first round will also jump start Horts! DK always plays his best in the play-offs & with these two monsters on his flank will only make him better!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]BsL, I think we were meant to have a head on collision with them in the 1st round.  And I say bring it on.  If Miller is out for Buffalo and with the NYR having some issues as well I am pretty happy playing any of these teams. I think Washington will finish 1st. Caps vs Rangers  caps in 6 Flyers vs Buffalo flyers in 6 Bruins vs Habs bruins in 5 Pens vs TBay tbay in 6
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

if the caps play the rangers in the first round, the rangers will win

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: If my calculations are correct Bruins 1st round play...:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If my calculations are correct Bruins 1st round play... : if the caps play the rangers in the first round, the rangers will win Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

^Yep!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I dont think the Caps lose to them.  Washington has played very well of late and have three solid lines.  The question mark will be goalie and if Green comes back.  Looks like Wideman is done.  Too bad he was playing well for them Hope he is ok.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

With four games left, we can finish #2 or #3 easily and even #1.  However, this might mean playing the Rangers, which is the worst matchup, IMO.  They have a tight defensive system and win by strangulation.  Boring trap hockey.  We had a bad night against them last game, losing 0-1.  It was depressing. 

It would be good to finish on a high, winning the last four games.  But maybe not the best for playoff matchup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]I dont think the Caps lose to them.  Washington has played very well of late and have three solid lines.  The question mark will be goalie and if Green comes back.  Looks like Wideman is done.  Too bad he was playing well for them Hope he is ok.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

the caps are a better team with mike green out of the lineup

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]With four games left, we can finish #2 or #3 easily and even #1.  However, this might mean playing the Rangers, which is the worst matchup, IMO.  They have a tight defensive system and win by strangulation.  Boring trap hockey.  We had a bad night against them last game, losing 0-1.  It was depressing.  It would be good to finish on a high, winning the last four games.  But maybe not the best for playoff matchup.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Come Wednesday we'll have a clear picture.  It could be anybody for the Bruins. With Sabres win tonight and their remaining games it could be them moving up to 7th or 6th.
    The plot thickens with Chicago losing tonight.  Their next game in Montreal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

This finish to the end has been exciting to watch.  Rangers, Sabres, and Bolts all won today - who knows where the Habs will eventually finish...

NHL.com has a nice, quick at-a-glance chart tracking it all:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/standings.htm?type=pla

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Hoping for Montreal or Buffalo...just want to avoid the Rangers

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I wouldn't want the Rangers because they are a tiring team to play against, but I think the Bruins would beat them.  I would love the habs.  They always say it's the Bruins size and toughness against the habs speed and skill, but really the bruins are tougher AND more talented.  It would be a great way to kick off the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Why does everyone want the Habs ?
    This year more than ever with the return of Patched-Already combined with the circus of media for this matchup I would not want the Bruins to play the Habs.
    Will be difficult for them to focus .
    Having the better team means squat in that environment.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Bslegion, there was no problem focusing during that 7-0 rout. these are not your fathers habs, last playoff meeting- bruins sweep. bring on the habs! rather not see lundqvist/miller in the first round.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think having the better team always means something.  i want the habs because I think it would be entertaining.

[QUOTE]Why does everyone want the Habs ? This year more than ever with the return of Patched-Already combined with the circus of media for this matchup I would not want the Bruins to play the Habs. Will be difficult for them to focus . Having the better team means squat in that environment.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Bslegion, there was no problem focusing during that 7-0 rout. these are not your fathers habs, last playoff meeting- bruins sweep. bring on the habs! rather not see lundqvist/miller in the first round.  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

LOL My fathers Habs ?  My era started in '72 when the Bruins with Orr and Esposito were leading 5-1 , lost 6-5   and that was the end of that series. Till Koivu return and McLaren hit on Zednik for more series losses .
    All of these times the Bruins had the better team.
    Sure what happened in the past should not affect this years team , it just gets me nervous.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

All depending what Montreal does tonight will determine whom the Bruins will play in the 1st round. Tonights game I say Chicago wins and this is how it'll play out. (if Montreal wins changes everything and 80% sure Bruins play them).

Rangers have 2 games - at Home with Atlanta and home to NJD
    They'll get 4 points and total 95

Sabres have 3 games - Home to Tampa and Philly and on the road with CBJ
    They'll  get 5 points and total 95

Habs have 3 games - Home to Chicago and on the road in Ottawa and Toronto
    They'll get 3 points and total 94

Not sure how it plays out between Sabres and Rangers .  More like Bruins play Rangers in 1st round with these predictions.
    I'de say 40% Rangers , 35% Sabres and 25% Habs that the Bruins will play.

Chances of getting past the 1st round ?
    I still say Habs will give the Bruins their hardest challenge . It's clear that the Bruins seem weak mentally and the whole thing in Montreal they will not make it out.
    Best match-up are the Sabres.  They will not be able to grind it out with the Bruins.
    GO SABRES their last 3 games !!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

I wouldn't count on the Rangers beating NJ in their final game

Sections
Shortcuts