If my calculations are correct Bruins 1st round play...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: If my calculations are correct Bruins 1st round play...

In Response to Re: If my calculations are correct Bruins 1st round play...:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't count on the Rangers beating NJ in their final game
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

I hope so we play Buffalo.  Rangers are on a real high right now and Tortarella knows his best 1st round opponent is the Bruins. 
    Rangers, Habs and Sabres will want to face the Bruins and if they do simple math they must win their games to get to the 6th spot.
    Rangers will win against NJD as they have their number.
    If Chicago was not in a tough spot and tonights game being a must win for them Montreal would have the best chance to meet the Bruins.

Bruins are in a tough spot after last nights loss and the way they lost.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If my calculations are correct Bruins 1st round play... : LOL My fathers Habs ?  My era started in '72 when the Bruins with Orr and Esposito were leading 5-1 , lost 6-5   and that was the end of that series. Till Koivu return and McLaren hit on Zednik for more series losses . All of these times the Bruins had the better team. Sure what happened in the past should not affect this years team , it just gets me nervous.  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Hey BsLegion, do you know where Kyle Mclaren is these days? Is he still playing? Last I heard he was with the Sharks but that was a few years ago. Felt sorry for the kid on the Zednik hit. I didn't think that would be his last game in a Bruins uniform. I liked his play, but the pressure on him was immense, with everybody expecting him to take the torch from Ray Bourque.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

To answer your question about Kyle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_McLaren

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]To answer your question about Kyle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_McLaren
    Posted by G4ck5[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update G4. I wonder if at age 34, Kyle has anything left in the tank.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I posted this on the other thread but fit for this one also.  I just had an idea:

I really think the Bruins will end up playing the Rangers and if they do what happened last night will be more of a lesson learned rather than they not having any confidence playing the Rangers.
    Look at the positives.  They did score 3 goals and so he's not as invincible as we thought and maybe its the Rangers that will be over confident.
    This game could be what they needed to beat the Rangers.
    Staying positive.

UPDATE:
    Callahan broken his ankle .  Just upped wanting Rangers in 1st round

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

With that win by Montreal last night it's almost set in stone.
    Next week playoffs transformed to " Le Cirque du Soleil " Bruins- Habs again in the playoffs.
    I don't see Sens winning against the Habs and Leafs also would have to win.

As per J Murphy , a Bruin player said " He wouldn't want to face the Habs due to the media circus that will surround that series"  and added " We'll have to sleep at the Bell Centre"

Still want this matchup ?

I know that a poll in Montreal was done and 80% think this is the best matchup for Montreal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]With that win by Montreal last night it's almost set in stone. Next week playoffs transformed to " Le Cirque du Soleil " Bruins- Habs again in the playoffs. I don't see Sens winning against the Habs and Leafs also would have to win.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

It would be just like Montreal to lay an egg against Ottawa, though. I wouldn't say that if the game was at Bell Centre, but both of these games are away. I'm not quite certain that we're set for BOS-MTL yet.

I hope it's BOS-MTL not because I am confident that the Habs would win that series; I think it's a "pick 'em" situation and could completely go either way. I don't put much meaning into the 7-0 shellacking, nor do I put much into the 4-1 Habs win the game before. But I do think it makes for the most enjoyable first round matchup simply as a hockey/Habs fan.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't believe the Rangers are moving up from 8th. There is a slight possibility that the Sabres could move past the Habs but I don't see I think the seeds are set. When I put up my first round predictions thread their will be upsets galore in the East and West.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

if the bruins want to win the stanley cup, they have to win (4) 7 game series. doesn't matter who they play. there is no such thing as an easy series. to win the cup would be sweet, to do it with a habs series win, would be even sweeter.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I don't believe the Rangers are moving up from 8th. There is a slight possibility that the Sabres could move past the Habs but I don't see I think the seeds are set. When I put up my first round predictions thread their will be upsets galore in the East and West.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Oh me tooooo !

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Ill already make a prediction:

I know there is a chance Im 87.5% right anyway, but I say the Canucks dont make it to the finals.  Luongo has shown he isnt a great playoff goalie and I dont know why, but I have a feeling they will get beaten.  I dont think they even make it to the western finals honestly.  I say second round loss in 6.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

be wary of those with crystal balls. by the way, where do you get those things? it would make it much easier to know who's going to win. it would save me time and $!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

its quite possible that:
    Carolina catches NYR - they have a game in had on NYR.

Buffalo catches MTL - they are 1 point behind MTL Sabres need a win on friday against Philly though then they play the Blue Jackets

MTL plays out the season vs. ottawa then the leafs - both teams could bring it one last time I suppose

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]its quite possible that: Carolina catches NYR - they have a game in had on NYR. Buffalo catches MTL - they are 1 point behind MTL Sabres need a win on friday against Philly though then they play the Blue Jackets MTL plays out the season vs. ottawa then the leafs - both teams could bring it one last time I suppose
    Posted by bailey77[/QUOTE]

my stats are based that Buffalo will not beat Philly and Montreal will win one of their 2 reaminding games and so finish ahead of Buffalo.
    Rangers also can pass Montreal by winning both their games although they don't have Callahan and I bet Torts will rest Lundqvist at least a game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

again, somebody help me find a crystal ball- it seems everyone has one but me!!  www.crystalball.com??  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]again, somebody help me find a crystal ball- it seems everyone has one but me!!  www.crystalball.com??  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

LOL ... once you past 40 years old you get one.  At least where I'm from. Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

only a couple years to wait, and to think i've been wishing for world peace all this time. thanks b'slegion, at least this wish will come true- if your right!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

adk, its just predictions.  Its all in fun, nothing is too serious (although Im dead serious in that I dont believe Vancouver makes it to the western Finals).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

If the Briuns win their last 3 games, they could still pass the Flyers for 2nd. The Flyers would have to lose 1 of their 2 remaining games. Bruins would hold the tie-breaker advantage. Unlikely, but could happen given the way the Flyers have struggled as of late. 2nd place could be there for the taking. I guess it really wouldn't affect much, they would still play 1 of the bottom 3 teams but gain a spot in the standings.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Lets put this thread to rest.  And they said Russel Crowe had a "Beautiful Mind"