If PK wins the Norris

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: If PK wins the Norris

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

if PK Subban wins the norris this year it means something. It means we might as well say whoever has the most points as a d man wins the norris. if that's where it's going then fine, but just tell us already.

Watch him more.  He dominates games.  Does he make young mental blunders.  Yes for sure.  He will at 35 as well.  His skating is just fun to watch.  I watched some big guy try to run him and pk just put it in another gear and with his balance he was left behind.  I laughed and wished for one gm i could skate like that.   His "overall game is above avg". His offensive side of the game he is elite.   

i've watched him plenty. i know his game.

Obviously not.  If you think he is just a point getter.   He dominates games.  You dont get that from being bad in your own end.   

Oh Shupe say it isn't so, you have been seduced by the dark side. He has pumped up the PP, but that is because Markov is back. He is not a dominant player at any other time, he makes March and Linseman out as Ron Francis like compared to his dirt.

The dark side has definitely pulled you in with your players that you harbour.

Yes. I get swayed by the darkside.  Wow.  Hes playing fantastic hockey.  In my eyes there is no other dman having a good year.  the fact hes being mentioned means there are a lot of morons out there.  Pts have always been a bench mark.  I think the norris is a stupid award to start.  But it has always rewarded guys with the higher pt totals.   the regular group of chara, webber, lidstrom retired, keith etc etc arent having great yrs.   i think everyone i listed is better.  But not having a better year.  

Subban plays every key situation for his team.  And he is no mike green in his own end.  He plays a physical game.   And i hate his act.  Hate it.  But his talent is unreal. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Subban "dominates games"?   Umm, ok.

Again, he's emerging into a very good D Man in this league, but if you're claiming he's on a Weber, Doughty, Chara type level, then that is just ridiculous.

He's more in that tier 2 of very good D Men, but he's not elite.

If he is in the top 3 for norris he is elite.  He's the highest scoring dman and would be running away with it if healthy and possibly would be in the top 10 scoring.   He is an elite dman right now.  Think what you want, I disagree with 99% of what you type and 110% of what you think. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There are some interesting points here.  Some are relaying what they've read on stat sheets.  Others are relaying their educated opinions based on watching a few games.   Others are relaying their educated opinions based on watching many games.

I watch a lot of Habs games. I find their current edition a lot of fun.  Their young guys can fly, Price is amazing and I've always been a Prust fanboy. 

Subban, while not my favorite person by any stretch, is an incredible hockey player.  When the puck is on his stick, the whole other team is on high alert.  He cuts through the neutral zone with ease and his shot is one of the best I've ever seen.  Yes, he makes a few mistakes in the defensive zone, but not to the extent that is projected here.  He may not play as many kill minutes, but that's probably due to his PP time.  He's human.  Can't play 30+ a night, every night.  For the little he lacks in his own zone, he triple makes up for it on the other 2/3 of the ice.

Norris candidate for years to come, if not this year as well.  People will cry about points being the deciding factor.  If the Norris only went to the best defensive defensemen, the list of names on the trophy would be very different.  The guy is a defenseman.  He breaks the puck out, he plays the point and he is down low in the defensive zone.  He's a defenseman and he rules the ice when the puck is on his stick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

There are some interesting points here.  Some are relaying what they've read on stat sheets.  Others are relaying their educated opinions based on watching a few games.   Others are relaying their educated opinions based on watching many games.

I watch a lot of Habs games. I find their current edition a lot of fun.  Their young guys can fly, Price is amazing and I've always been a Prust fanboy. 

Subban, while not my favorite person by any stretch, is an incredible hockey player.  When the puck is on his stick, the whole other team is on high alert.  He cuts through the neutral zone with ease and his shot is one of the best I've ever seen.  Yes, he makes a few mistakes in the defensive zone, but not to the extent that is projected here.  He may not play as many kill minutes, but that's probably due to his PP time.  He's human.  Can't play 30+ a night, every night.  For the little he lacks in his own zone, he triple makes up for it on the other 2/3 of the ice.

Norris candidate for years to come, if not this year as well.  People will cry about points being the deciding factor.  If the Norris only went to the best defensive defensemen, the list of names on the trophy would be very different.  The guy is a defenseman.  He breaks the puck out, he plays the point and he is down low in the defensive zone.  He's a defenseman and he rules the ice when the puck is on his stick.

Awesome post.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

PK's own coach feels he isn't the best D-man on his team. That's the reason that Markov sees more ice time. There's no better indicator of a player's value than how much and when he's on the ice. Markov is 1st among Habs in PP ice time and 3rd in PK ice time. Subban is 2nd in PP ice and 6th in PK ice. The argument that he plays so little on the PK because he plays so much on the PP doesn't hold water as proven by Markov's ice time. Subban averages 23 minutes per game so I'm not sure why anybody thinks he commonly plays 30+. It would be a rarity if and when he happens to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

He's the best I've seen this year.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

To simplify it, if Erik Karlsson can win the Norris then so can PK.The offensive side of the game is Karlssons greatest asset and it helped him beat out Chara and Weber according to the voters. Being the best in your own end doesn't seem to be as high a barometer for the award as it once was hence Subban could very likely win the award.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I don't like PK because he's a Hab but would love him as a Bruin. I'm hoping the fact that we have Malcolm gets him here someday. He truly is the closest thing to Bourque, like I said 2 years ago. Would love him with Dougy, wow! Dez is no judge of talent so feel free to disregard his Markov is better rant. Markov gets hurt putting on his socks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

To simplify it, if Erik Karlsson can win the Norris then so can PK.The offensive side of the game is Karlssons greatest asset and it helped him beat out Chara and Weber according to the voters. Being the best in your own end doesn't seem to be as high a barometer for the award as it once was hence Subban could very likely win the award.

50, Letang is only 3 points behind him in 6 fewer games if points mean that much. Letang also plays more minutes in all situations and has a better +/-. My personal pick to win the Norris is Suter. I'd love to see Chara win it but I know he'd need to go on a tear in the last 7 games to have a chance. His shutdown game isn't sexy enough for the voters.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

50, Letang is only 3 points behind him in 6 fewer games if points mean that much. Letang also plays more minutes in all situations and has a better +/-. My personal pick to win the Norris is Suter. I'd love to see Chara win it but I know he'd need to go on a tear in the last 7 games to have a chance. His shutdown game isn't sexy enough for the voters.

Definitely Letang is in the conversation, he has missed games because of injury but is a strong contender for sure. My top pick as well would be Suter just for the fact he puts up his points, plays in all situations and is  good in his own end.As far as Chara, he has had his usual solid year but his play has not stood out like the other players you have mentioned. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

I don't like PK because he's a Hab but would love him as a Bruin. I'm hoping the fact that we have Malcolm gets him here someday. He truly is the closest thing to Bourque, like I said 2 years ago. Would love him with Dougy, wow! Dez is no judge of talent so feel free to disregard his Markov is better rant. Markov gets hurt putting on his socks.

How's Colbourne doing? Has he cracked the top 100 in scoring in the Ahl yet this year? He's really going to need to get a move on if, as you claimed, he's going to be the next Esposito.What are you trying to claim Markov isn't a great D-man because he's got injury troubles? Bobby Orr and Cam Neely would take issue with your narrow and stupid view in judging a player's worth. I like how you don't even realize how dumb you are. I hope it's not Alzheimer's although you'll just forget again tomorrow if it is.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

He went head to head with a better at either end last night and see how that fared.

Letang 1 upped him at both ends, he is 7th most in league in toi /gm. He has double the even strength points and he does play head to head against the better players a lot more.

LLast night he played 28:55and PK played 16:18 yes Pk took 17 mins in penalties all in 3rd 12 of which were in last 5 mins. Markov meanwhile played 22:56.

PK does have a decent shot because he keeps it on net, but def not best I've ever seen nor even close.  I have seen a lot of shabs games as well and the majority of his shooting comes off the tee on the pp as do his goals. What has made him this year is that Markov is on the other side feeding him while shooting enough of his own to keep goalies honest.  It is the best PP tandem in league right now and possibly best to watch since McInness and Pronger back in the day, but neither is as good as either of the previous 2.

Pk is not best d on his own team, I wish ye would all cut the carp on this norris b-ess.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Again, he's emerging into a very good D Man in this league, but if you're claiming he's on a Weber, Doughty, Chara type level, then that is just ridiculous.

If he is in the top 3 for norris he is elite.  He's the highest scoring dman and would be running away with it if healthy and possibly would be in the top 10 scoring.   He is an elite dman right now.  Think what you want, I disagree with 99% of what you type and 110% of what you think. 

Unsure what you mean if healthy, he is not hurt or unhealthy unless you count his fishbone, he has missed no time except to hide on bench and smirk and talk tough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

Unsure what you mean if healthy, he is not hurt or unhealthy unless you count his fishbone, he has missed no time except to hide on bench and smirk and talk tough.

I meant games missed to start the year.  I will say ego injury. Haha.   And when pk is in the top 3 you will come back and say you were wrong.  He makes things happen every game.  If he were a bruin he would be them next bobby orr.   I think nas post is exactly what i wanted to post.  

RWTK, you are the worst poster to ever come here.  I beg you to keep posting.  You make everyone(even the trolls) look better.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I find it funny that all we heard about for the first few months as to how good Markov was AND how he was the main reason for Montreal's turnaround.   Now people all over Subban's jock like it smells like peppermint schnopps.  Meanwhile at the Bat Cave, the Canadians just gave up 15+ goals in the 3 previous games before TB.   I know you can talk about goaltending in MTL but in the game I saw against Philly, mNY of the mistakes were defensive ones made by the two aforementioned Jokers.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

I find it funny that all we heard about for the first few months as to how good Markov was AND how he was the main reason for Montreal's turnaround.   Now people all over Subban's jock like it smells like peppermint schnopps.  Meanwhile at the Bat Cave, the Canadians just gave up 15+ goals in the 3 previous games before TB.   I know you can talk about goaltending in MTL but in the game I saw against Philly, mNY of the mistakes were defensive ones made by the two aforementioned Jokers.   

I actually dont remember the markov chats.  Dez and I had a bit of a debate prior to the season on pk.  Whether he is a future norris winner or not.   

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/columnist/allen/2013/02/08/early-norris-trophy-favorites/1902167/

Also, I remember Bruins announcers talking about him early on when Montreal got off to a great start without PK.  Don't remember the actual words but I do remember a few media outlets talking about PK had less leverage in his contract negotiations due the Hab's hot start and Markove coming back.  

On another note, in their most recent game, Jack talked about how much of a mismatch Seguin was for Markov, and how he (Markov) logged a ton of minutes the previous night.  

In response to lucdufour's comment:

I actually dont remember the markov chats.  Dez and I had a bit of a debate prior to the season on pk.  Whether he is a future norris winner or not.