If proven right, I stink

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

If proven right, I stink

I want to win. I am a lifelong Bruins fan. But I am prepared for a first round departure. Why? Because of what I have been saying all season long -
    1. We don't have a top line. Looch doesn't have the skill set. He is a classic second line banger. Krecji is just to inconsistent. He can both shine as he did in last years playoffs or disappear as he did often this season. And who ever they put at right wing isn't Horton. And Horton couldn't even caddy for someone like Guerin or St. Louis.
    2. Beyond Chara and Seids we don't have any top four defensemen. Nobody fears Ferrence or Boychuck. They are third pair at best.
    3. Tyler Seguin is not the guy to build the franchise around. Just not enough grit in his game. And I fear his having seen what Savard, Bergy and Horton have gone through, the grit will never be there.
    I want to win as much as anyone. But I am a realist and am just prepared to be right about things. That will stink big time.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: If proven right, I stink

Blah, Blah, Blah.  The King of Pessimism chimes in again. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: If proven right, I stink:
    [QUOTE]Blah, Blah, Blah.  The King of Pessimism chimes in again. 
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    Strange we've heard nothing from old Pumpsie in awhile but now that it's a best of 3, he feels compelled to say "I told you so" before a series is even near over. The good news is he'll be nowhere to be found after the series is done. Just like last year when he didn't have the nerve to admit he was wrong after the CUP WIN. For all who are unaware, Pumpsie posted basically the exact same things last year pre-playoffs. That should be a good indicator as to how "valuable" his "input" really is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If proven right, I stink : Strange we've heard nothing from old Pumpsie in awhile but now that it's a best of 3, he feels compelled to say "I told you so" before a series is even near over. The good news is he'll be nowhere to be found after the series is done. Just like last year when he didn't have the nerve to admit he was wrong after the CUP WIN. For all who are unaware, Pumpsie posted basically the exact same things last year pre-playoffs. That should be a good indicator as to how "valuable" his "input" really is.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Very true dez.  He reminds me of that macdog character who had the B's written off after Game 1 of the Habs series last year!  Regardless of how this playoff ends up, I'm still loyal to this team.  It's in my DNA.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'll say this much, if the same scenario plays out as last year, I will not be diasppointed. Pumpsie makes a panic bandwagon jumping post before its over and then the rest was history. History will be made. Let's hope the Bruins have a say in it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Didn't we win the cup last year??? We obviously have what it takes. I refuse to believe is was all bc of Ryder and Recci

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Seguin just turned 20, a kid among men and our leading point producer... and you're worried about his grit. Stupid post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Ahhh, hedging, the calling card of the weak and insecure fan.

Do you know how many posts like this we saw last year pumpy?

How many top-4 defensmen do the Caps have, in your opinion? 

How many top four defensmen did the Bruins have last year when they won the Cup and had the best GAA in the league?

Was Krejci too inconsistent last year when he led the NHL in playoff scoring?

I didn't realize the franchise was "built around" Tyler Seguin?  Is it?  Take a look at the player salaries.  Take a look at the players ice time.  Take a look at the lines.  Captains.  The team is "built around" Chara, Bergeron, and Thomas.  Seguin is a complimentary 2nd year player who is doing exactly what you would hope over the season.

Yes, you stink.  Smarten up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to If proven right, I stink:
    [QUOTE]I want to win. I am a lifelong Bruins fan. But I am prepared for a first round departure. Why? Because of what I have been saying all season long - 1. We don't have a top line. Looch doesn't have the skill set. He is a classic second line banger. Krecji is just to inconsistent. He can both shine as he did in last years playoffs or disappear as he did often this season. And who ever they put at right wing isn't Horton. And Horton couldn't even caddy for someone like Guerin or St. Louis. 2. Beyond Chara and Seids we don't have any top four defensemen. Nobody fears Ferrence or Boychuck. They are third pair at best. 3. Tyler Seguin is not the guy to build the franchise around. Just not enough grit in his game. And I fear his having seen what Savard, Bergy and Horton have gone through, the grit will never be there. I want to win as much as anyone. But I am a realist and am just prepared to be right about things. That will stink big time.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

It's funny when I see people call themselves realists when it looks a heck of a lot like pessimism to me. What's real about anything you posted (  Fletch says it all ) ?

And the best part about your post is that "you've prepared yourself to be right about things."

How long have you been waiting ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to If proven right, I stink : It's funny when I see people call themselves realists when it looks a heck of a lot like pessimism to me. What's real about anything you posted (  Fletch says it all ) ? And the best part about your post is that "you've prepared yourself to be right about things." How long have you been waiting ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    It's been well over a year now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

In Response to If proven right, I stink:
    [QUOTE]I want to win. I am a lifelong Bruins fan. But I am prepared for a first round departure. Why? Because of what I have been saying all season long - 1. We don't have a top line. Looch doesn't have the skill set. He is a classic second line banger. Krecji is just to inconsistent. He can both shine as he did in last years playoffs or disappear as he did often this season. And who ever they put at right wing isn't Horton. And Horton couldn't even caddy for someone like Guerin or St. Louis. 2. Beyond Chara and Seids we don't have any top four defensemen. Nobody fears Ferrence or Boychuck. They are third pair at best. 3. Tyler Seguin is not the guy to build the franchise around. Just not enough grit in his game. And I fear his having seen what Savard, Bergy and Horton have gone through, the grit will never be there. I want to win as much as anyone. But I am a realist and am just prepared to be right about things. That will stink big time.

1. Looch and our top line has already won the cup. 2. Our defense has already won us the cup. 3. Seguin has already helped us win the cup, and he will only get better. You cant tell me that 2+2=5 and say told you so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Tim Thomas standing on his head and Krecji and others playing at the top of their game won the Cup. All I have ever asserted is that the talent on this team may be way overrated. And sorry, but check the facts - like the power play goals or even shots on goal during the PP. Or point totals of our so-called top line. Or how about the team record since last Christmas.

You bravehearts can call me every name in the book, but figures don't lie.

This isn't an "I told you so". I am just standing by my yearlong assertion that the Bruins don't have top line talent or more that two Top Four defenseman. So if TT isn't stellar and lets in a couple of softies, as he did today, the B's are toast.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

Oh, by the way, in my eyes Seguin may have been the worst player on the ice today. The kid has no grit whatsoever. You really want to build around that?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

Let's not count this team out just yet, but a good analysis of the overhyped guys we have waiting in the wings.  After the Thomas and Chara era, not much to look forward too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't we win the cup last year??? We obviously have what it takes. I refuse to believe is was all bc of Ryder and Recci
    Posted by BostonBruinss[/QUOTE]

Maybe its simpler than that. People who were really paying attention have commented more than once that as incredible as last year was, a bounce here, a break there or a Bad Timmy sighting could have caused the B's to be eliminated very early last year.

However, the B's won after going down 0-2 TWICE, won 3 Game 7s for the first time ever, with one being PT and another with a late goal that was close to OT.

This year, the B's have lost a double OT game and a game that they gave up a horrendously soft goal on a power play in the last minute.

Whats different?  Thomas is playing very ordinary and there's no Horton.

Last year's Cup winning team with Thomas playing ordinary and no Horton = 1st round elimination.  That's what we are looking at. Not that different from last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Tim Thomas standing on his head and Krecji and others playing at the top of their game won the Cup. All I have ever asserted is that the talent on this team may be way overrated. And sorry, but check the facts - like the power play goals or even shots on goal during the PP. Or point totals of our so-called top line. Or how about the team record since last Christmas. You bravehearts can call me every name in the book, but figures don't lie. This isn't an "I told you so". I am just standing by my yearlong assertion that the Bruins don't have top line talent or more that two Top Four defenseman. So if TT isn't stellar and lets in a couple of softies, as he did today, the B's are toast.

Pure genius.  Please keep the posts coming.  I don't know how we would survive without your brilliant insight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If proven right, I stink : Maybe its simpler than that. People who were really paying attention have commented more than once that as incredible as last year was, a bounce here, a break there or a Bad Timmy sighting could have caused the B's to be eliminated very early last year. However, the B's won after going down 0-2 TWICE, won 3 Game 7s for the first time ever, with one being PT and another with a late goal that was close to OT. This year, the B's have lost a double OT game and a game that they gave up a horrendously soft goal on a power play in the last minute. Whats different?  Thomas is playing very ordinary and there's no Horton. Last year's Cup winning team with Thomas playing ordinary and no Horton = 1st round elimination.  That's what we are looking at. Not that different from last year.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  Our Bruins are in the same boat that Detroit was in Friday morning.  The same boat as the feared New York Rangers today.  They're in the same boat as the much ballyhoo'd Pittsburgh Penguins, and they're in better shape than the very talented Vancouver Canucks.  The Boston Bruins are in better shape today than San Jose, and in the same boat as New Jersey.
    Yes, the Bruins season could very well end today, in fact virtually all of the Stanley Cup favorites could be checking out here shortly.
    Everything has to go your way this time of year.  You have to be good, but you have to be lucky too.  Even the most casual fan should understand how much parity there is in this league.  All one has to do,....is look at the out of town scoreboard.
    A well balanced, objective hockey fan shouldn't be shocked at what's happening here.  To those that understand the game, what's going on in Vancouver and New York, is more surprising.
    I'm hoping for a win, but in the event Washington does win this series(which i'm certainly not giving in to), the only thing i'll "not" be able to persever, are the dorks coming on here, with their moronic post mortems, suggesting everyone from the goalie to the peanut vendor doesn't give a crap, and should be banished to a beer league somewhere outside of Moose Jaw.
     Sure Seguin hasn't been good enough.  Neither has Krejki, or Lucic, or Bergeron, or Marchand.  Yeah, unfortunately TT has only been good, not outstanding.
    So What ???!!!
    These guys want to win, and I know that.  It's not as simple as "willing yourself" to win, and there should be no expectation to win. 
    The Bruins have my support whatever happens.
    All of them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Hey Pimpsie..... IF it so terrible.... then go root for toronto....

Sections
Shortcuts