If something happens.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

If something happens.

That the B's play a stinker on Fri. Lets not all go "OMG here we go again!" Who on this forum expected the B's to be up 3-0 in the series again? Who actually thinks that a team will allow itself to get embarrassed again? Let's also remember that if something were to happen to DK again. The B's do have much better offensive options this year better than Whitfield.  Lets also remember last year Det vs SanJose. Game 4 Det hammered them 7-1! We know San Jose shut them down in game 5. So; IF this happens to the B's? Let's all just try to stay calm & not have a bunch of the B's are gonna choke again forums! Please?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: If something happens.

wtv happens,  no choke this year.

No matter what the Bruins do (even of they lose in the Cup final) there will be the cynical trolls and so called fans .
    All I'm doing is grasping the joy this team gave me thus far.
    GO BRUIN!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Even if they do lose game 4, I'm pretty sure they won't let it get to them the same way many fans will. Only thing I'm not looking forward to if they do lose next game is Mazz or one of those losers coming out of the woodwork and predicting the end of the world. Mazz reminds me of my friends grandmother.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

I wouldnt even get nervous unless phily forced a game 6

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Let's look at this rationally, the Flyers didn't show up for 2 games.  The one game they showed up they lost in OT.  And even in that OT game I thought that the Bruins owned them defensively even tho they put on a barrage of pucks on TT they were pretty securely set aside by TT except for that one that trickled past the post.  Not to say that he didn't make great saves, to the contrary he made some great saves. but in those greats saves there was only one where he just barely saved it. sp what I'm saying is great saves, but he got all of the puck on those saves.

And don't forget the Flyers got the first 2 in that game and the Bruins came back.

I'm not seeing any life in the Flyers at all.

In order to do what they did last year, they need at least 5 guys to come alive.  And who ever they put in goal has to get the job done.  Plus the Bruins have to have at least one guy go out with an injury.  I just don't see that happening.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I agree that it doesnt look anything like last year.

When DK was hurt last year, I said I didnt know if the B's would win another game.  That was with a 3-0 lead.  yes I was called names.  But the Bs had no offense, the Flyers had guys coming back, and I believed the team was mentally fragile.

This year, Thomas is playing as well as Ive seen him play, the offense looks good, the team looks confident and the Flyers do not.

That said, another collapse would not be impossible.  id be surprised, but not completely.  I think TT can play as bad as he's looked good at the drop of a hat, plus an injury or 2 and the fragility could come back in spades in light of what happened last year.

Asking people not to get shook up if they lose Game 4?  Why?  it doesnt affect the team and you dont get to tell fans what to say or how to feel. Everyone will deal with it their own way.

Regardless of how much better it looks this year, this is still the same 2 teams a year after blowing a previous 3-0.  How could people not get shook?

All Ive wanted was for the B's to not ruin what was so wonderful about the Montreal win.  This series going bad would qualify.  Go B's.  please.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Philly has a very good hockey team, I think it will be bruins in 6. Did anyone realy think it would be a bruin sweep before this started?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: If something happens.:
    [QUOTE]Philly has a very good hockey team, I think it will be bruins in 6. Did anyone realy think it would be a bruin sweep before this started?
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]
    It's over tomorrow night there chum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If something happens. : It's over tomorrow night there chum.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE] That's what I'm hoping for. 2 goals from looch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If something happens. : It's over tomorrow night there chum.
    Posted by Beezfan4life[/QUOTE]

Beezfan - Spot on.  With what the Bruins have shown so far in crucial situations ( i. e., being down 2-0 then having to go to Montreal, the OT games vs the Habs, overcoming the 2 goal deficit in Game 2 with Philly, I'd say the biggest difference between this year's edition and 2010 is their composure. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If something happens. : Beezfan - Spot on.  With what the Bruins have shown so far in crucial situations ( i. e., being down 2-0 then having to go to Montreal, the OT games vs the Habs, overcoming the 2 goal deficit in Game 2 with Philly, I'd say the biggest difference between this year's edition and 2010 is their composure. 
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE] Don't forget game 2, we had no business winning that game.

Game 4 will be that much harder.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If something happens. : Don't forget game 2, we had no business winning that game. Game 4 will be that much harder.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

Sure you did. You have a goaltender who is playing at the top of his game and is for several months now has been one of the best keepers in the world. That by itself gives you the business to win any game you play. Considering the Bruins are light years ahead of Philadelphia in goal, I don't see how anyone rational can think Philly comes back to win 4 straight.

They could win tonight, maybe even a couple. But 4 in a row? Forget it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If something happens. : Sure you did. You have a goaltender who is playing at the top of his game and is for several months now has been one of the best keepers in the world. That by itself gives you the business to win any game you play. Considering the Bruins are light years ahead of Philadelphia in goal, I don't see how anyone rational can think Philly comes back to win 4 straight. They could win tonight, maybe even a couple. But 4 in a row? Forget it.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]
    Ya know Kennedy I just keep liking you more & more! As a goalie I freakin hate hearing the words "You only won that game because of your goalie the team didn't deserve to win!" When it's said with distain & with a snarky attitude it peeves me off to no end! Isn't the goalie part of the team? Isn't it the goalie's job to keep the puck out & because he does his job admirably should he not get the same credit that a guy who gets a hat trick gets? I hate when people make it sound like it's this horrible thing that a goalie steals a game! When TT played the game of his career in game 2. TT & everyone else still won as a TEAM member of the Boston Bruins!  Thank You for pointing that out!
    AND PAULY PWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTT to you

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that it doesnt look anything like last year. When DK was hurt last year, I said I didnt know if the B's would win another game.  That was with a 3-0 lead.  yes I was called names.  But the Bs had no offense, the Flyers had guys coming back, and I believed the team was mentally fragile. This year, Thomas is playing as well as Ive seen him play, the offense looks good, the team looks confident and the Flyers do not. That said, another collapse would not be impossible.  id be surprised, but not completely.  I think TT can play as bad as he's looked good at the drop of a hat, plus an injury or 2 and the fragility could come back in spades in light of what happened last year. Asking people not to get shook up if they lose Game 4?  Why?  it doesnt affect the team and you dont get to tell fans what to say or how to feel. Everyone will deal with it their own way. Regardless of how much better it looks this year, this is still the same 2 teams a year after blowing a previous 3-0.  How could people not get shook? All Ive wanted was for the B's to not ruin what was so wonderful about the Montreal win.  This series going bad would qualify.  Go B's.  please.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]
    The only thing on you that thinks is the part that sits on the toilet! IDIOT!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Best to take a step back and enjoy the games for what they are, and to expect a long series. I figured 6 or 7 games, so it's much better for my mental health to expect the Flyers to take 1 or 2. No need to jump off the Tobin if they lose a few to a desperate team. If they sweep, then great.

Either way, the games themselves will be fun to watch. "One game at a time" isn't just for the players. Enjoy tonight for what it's worth, win or lose.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

This year and last are two different animals. 

We are healthy and finding ways to win.  Even games we likely should have lost and would have lost last year.  We are winning those games.

Philly- No Pronger and Carter.  Two huge pieces of their team.  PLUS, they have no goalie.  Missing a mean nasty Pronger has been the difference in this series from a Philly perspective.  But this Bruins team is much deeper and better than last yrs crew.  A lot different.

It will be over tonight at home.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

IF the b's win tonight, and coverage is on nesn(i think it is), how funny will it be to hear jack and his take on the sweep/ redemption? should be priceless, let's hope we hear it!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If something happens. : As a goalie I freakin hate hearing the words "You only won that game because of your goalie the team didn't deserve to win!"
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

It's a bad argument. I heard it all last year in the playoffs--"You're only in the Conference Finals because of your goalie." Big deal...the goalie is still part of the team, and IMO the most important part in most playoffs.

The Bruins have great goaltending. The Flyers don't. See ya, Philly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]IF the b's win tonight, and coverage is on nesn(i think it is), how funny will it be to hear jack and his take on the sweep/ redemption? should be priceless, let's hope we hear it!
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Good point I hadn't thought of that. I did feel a little bad for him after all the crap he got on his last rant.  Then again he did put himself in position to be questioned.  Anyways, it will be a hoot if it happens.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see "it" happening.  I just don't.  I think if Boston gets a lead in this game tonight, it's goodnight Irene for Philly. Thomas is tough.  Philly has never played well against him. If they just continue to play their game, they'll sweep Philly.  A lot GMs, coaches, players, etc, say, that 1st rd of the playoffs is usually the toughest. Once you get past Round 1, the teams who may have struggled in a Round 1, find a groove and then roll. We may be seeing that right now.  I am as cyncial as any B's find you'll find, but this is the best hockey I have seen from them since the early 90s. If they can make a Cup Finals, it would match that loaded '89/'90 team that was right there. I think this team may be better in some ways.  The goaltending for one is better. Loved Moog, but Thomas is better.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

You would think mental toughness is only something needed in golf......but no sir, it plays BIG TIME in Hockey. How many times do you see a goalie get in another teams head.......and shuts them down. Thomas is definitely in Philly's heads.......they would need a monumental meltdown to take place by Thomas to give them even a faint sniff of hope.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If something happens. : Sure you did. You have a goaltender who is playing at the top of his game and is for several months now has been one of the best keepers in the world. That by itself gives you the business to win any game you play. Considering the Bruins are light years ahead of Philadelphia in goal, I don't see how anyone rational can think Philly comes back to win 4 straight. They could win tonight, maybe even a couple. But 4 in a row? Forget it.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE] I don't recall anybody on here (cactus doesn't count) suggesting philly would win 4 straight, are you talking to yourself or did I miss something?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If something happens. : Ya know Kennedy I just keep liking you more & more! As a goalie I freakin hate hearing the words "You only won that game because of your goalie the team didn't deserve to win!" When it's said with distain & with a snarky attitude it peeves me off to no end! Isn't the goalie part of the team? Isn't it the goalie's job to keep the puck out & because he does his job admirably should he not get the same credit that a guy who gets a hat trick gets? I hate when people make it sound like it's this horrible thing that a goalie steals a game! When TT played the game of his career in game 2. TT & everyone else still won as a TEAM member of the Boston Bruins!  Thank You for pointing that out! AND PAULY PWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTT to you
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]English please. It's hard enough to understand your blabbering without you putting it in code.

Sections
Shortcuts