If TB offered LaCavalier and St. Louis for....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

If TB offered LaCavalier and St. Louis for....

Krecji, Rask, Seguin and Ferrance would you make the deal?
    It's not quite a cap wash but if you factor in Savard's cap hit then it is.
    Before you black and gold cultist get out your pitchforks just give it some thought. Here are some things to consider.
    1. Krecji and Rask are both RFA's next season. My guess is that Krecji will be looking for 'first-line center' money a la Stamkos and Kane and Getzlaf etc. No disrespect, but I have always thought of Krecji as more of a second tier center, worth in the 4-5 million range. If he is looking for 6-7 million I just don't think his season production warrents that. But some team may decide he is and then the Bruins will have a tough choice.
    And I seriously don't think Rask wants to sit behind Thomas for the next three seasons so I can seem him doing a Kessel and forcing a trade. Bottom line, both these guys are going to be tough signs.
    2. Yeah, giving up Seguin would be really tough, but the bottom line is production vs potential. With free agency Seguin can walk in three seasons (is that right?). Let's say he has a hankering to play for his hometown Maple Leafs. Would you rather have three years of Seguin or the TB duo? Seguin has a ton of talent but let's not forget he was a healthy scratch for most of the playoffs and if not for Horton injury would have remained so. I see him taking three or four seasons to reach his potential.
    3 How cool would a Lucic-LeCavalier-St. Louis first line be? and then a Marchand-Bergy-Horton second line. Add in the character factor of bringing in St Louis as a Recci replacement and seeing what playing in a real hockey town might do for Vincent and you gotta agree that would be exciting.

Yeah, it's nuts but on a hot summer day it is fun to have nutty hockey thoughts. Would Tampa do it? Maybe. They seem to want to make it Stampkos's team so trading LaCavalier has been rumored for some time. They key for them is getting Seguin. But from the Bruins standpoint think about it....you'd be getting two of the top ten (15?) forwards in the league for a guy I think is a second line center, a back-up goalie, a kid with potential who sat, and a third pair defenseman (you'd have to make them take Ferrance to make the cap work). I just think it would be a trade that would work for both teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Re: If TB offered LaCavalier and St. Louis for....

NO! And Seguin can't walk in 2 more seasons. He'll be an RFA, not a UFA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

This is the stupidest, most random, least called for trade I have ever read. Ever. Anywhere. Wow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I have to stop opening these type of posts :(

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If they offered Vinny for a seventh round pick, I still think I'd turn it down.  For the cost of him, the B's have Krejci, Lucic and McQuaid.

Cap crippling contracts for great players might put people in the seats, but they don't bring Cups.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

tell me how you really feel, DC. Can you explain your nasty reaction.
    Is not LeCavalier a much better player than Krecji? Yes. Is not St Louis both a great character player and talent? Yes. So would you not trade Krecji and Rask for LeCavalier and St Louis. Of course you would. But TB would want more, and not a Hamil or a Caron. They would want Seguin. And I for one am not sold that Seguin will reach his potential before he is eligible for free agency. I for one would prefer the certainty of the Tampa duo to the potential of a kid.
    As I said in the original post, Krecji and Rask are going to be tough signs. The core of the Bruins is Thomas-Chara and Bergy. They all have 3-4 years left so you want players and not draft picks to assure your best shot at a couple of more Cups during their playing span.
    Do you really think a Bruins team with Lacavalier and St Louis skating with Lucic wouldn't have a much better shot at a couple more Cups in the next few years than a team with (maybe) Krecji, Rask on the bench, Seguin skating third line and Ferrance third pair?
    If you disagree, fine, but at least be civil and have the intelligence to say why instead of just hurling childish playground crap.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsiefan. Show pumpsiefan's posts

You are much more knowledgable than I am NAS...I just have never been a big fan of Krecji. I just don't think he is a top tier center. And I just wonder if playing in Tampa hasn't effected Vincent's game. He certainly is one of the top talents in the league. I'd just be curious to see if playing in a real hockey town wouldn't up his game.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: If TB offered LaCavalier and St. Louis for....:
    [QUOTE]tell me how you really feel, DC. Can you explain your nasty reaction. Is not LeCavalier a much better player than Krecji? Yes. Is not St Louis both a great character player and talent? Yes. So would you not trade Krecji and Rask for LeCavalier and St Louis. Of course you would. But TB would want more, and not a Hamil or a Caron. They would want Seguin. And I for one am not sold that Seguin will reach his potential before he is eligible for free agency. I for one would prefer the certainty of the Tampa duo to the potential of a kid. As I said in the original post, Krecji and Rask are going to be tough signs. The core of the Bruins is Thomas-Chara and Bergy. They all have 3-4 years left so you want players and not draft picks to assure your best shot at a couple of more Cups during their playing span. Do you really think a Bruins team with Lacavalier and St Louis skating with Lucic wouldn't have a much better shot at a couple more Cups in the next few years than a team with (maybe) Krecji, Rask on the bench, Seguin skating third line and Ferrance third pair? If you disagree, fine, but at least be civil and have the intelligence to say why instead of just hurling childish playground crap.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

No.  This is very, very dumb.  Krejci will be very easy to sign.  You need to go back to baseball.  And stay there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wingman23. Show Wingman23's posts

No way!  If St. Louis was only 30 maybe.........maybe! but he's 36 and might have one more great  season left in him. 

However I would make the same type of trade for Stamkos. 

Stamkos for Seguin, Raask, Ferrance and picks.  

I really think the Bruins do need to sign a scorer like Ryan Callahan or Simon Gagne.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Totally a waste of time reading and answering that post... but it looks like I have some time to lose..

NO, NO and NO on that very stupid post

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

If these guys were so great they would be taking the cup home this summer...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In Response to If TB offered LaCavalier and St. Louis for....:
    [QUOTE]Krecji, Rask, Seguin and Ferrance would you make the deal? It's not quite a cap wash but if you factor in Savard's cap hit then it is. Before you black and gold cultist get out your pitchforks just give it some thought. Here are some things to consider. 1. Krecji and Rask are both RFA's next season. My guess is that Krecji will be looking for 'first-line center' money a la Stamkos and Kane and Getzlaf etc. No disrespect, but I have always thought of Krecji as more of a second tier center, worth in the 4-5 million range. If he is looking for 6-7 million I just don't think his season production warrents that. But some team may decide he is and then the Bruins will have a tough choice. And I seriously don't think Rask wants to sit behind Thomas for the next three seasons so I can seem him doing a Kessel and forcing a trade. Bottom line, both these guys are going to be tough signs. 2. Yeah, giving up Seguin would be really tough, but the bottom line is production vs potential. With free agency Seguin can walk in three seasons (is that right?). Let's say he has a hankering to play for his hometown Maple Leafs. Would you rather have three years of Seguin or the TB duo? Seguin has a ton of talent but let's not forget he was a healthy scratch for most of the playoffs and if not for Horton injury would have remained so. I see him taking three or four seasons to reach his potential. 3 How cool would a Lucic-LeCavalier-St. Louis first line be? and then a Marchand-Bergy-Horton second line. Add in the character factor of bringing in St Louis as a Recci replacement and seeing what playing in a real hockey town might do for Vincent and you gotta agree that would be exciting. Yeah, it's nuts but on a hot summer day it is fun to have nutty hockey thoughts. Would Tampa do it? Maybe. They seem to want to make it Stampkos's team so trading LaCavalier has been rumored for some time. They key for them is getting Seguin. But from the Bruins standpoint think about it....you'd be getting two of the top ten (15?) forwards in the league for a guy I think is a second line center, a back-up goalie, a kid with potential who sat, and a third pair defenseman (you'd have to make them take Ferrance to make the cap work). I just think it would be a trade that would work for both teams.
    Posted by pumpsiefan[/QUOTE]

No. In fact I wouldn't take St. Louis and LeCavalier for just Seguin and Krecji. St. Louis is not a spring chicken and Lecavalier is up and down.  Krecji is already a great player and is in the same ballpark as Vinnie and although Seguin is not close to St. Louis' level at this point, he is 19 and has potential to be a great player versus St. Louis who may have 2 or 3 good years left. If Boston hadn't won the Cup this year, perhaps you make a deal to try and get over the hump, but now you keep the young players who are already Stanley Cup winners. You have a strong team now and one for many years to come!!  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

go away pink hats

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Ill try and explain this in an educated manner, rather than just insult you like others have:

Why in the WORLD would ANYONE (read that as Bruins or Bruins fans) want this trade!?!?!  They just won the cup with THIS team.  They dont NEED any "super stars" or salary dumps.  I have NO INTEREST in watching a few superstars with lackluster support skating around out there HOPING to make the playoffs.  I have no interest in trading TONS of young talent for a few overpaid, "been there" type of guys.  It doesnt make sense for anyone EXCEPT the team dumping the couple of "super stars".  No offense, but when people make posts like this they come off like they have absolutely no clue about hockey, how to build a winning team, or who REALLY contributes to a winning team.

And although I DO NOT like Rask, nor do I think he is going to be this huge stud #1 goalie, throwing him AND Ference (thats right, F E R E N C E) into the mix just leaves more holes to be filled by young guys who can HOPEFULLY step in, or cheap guys who will not produce, more than likely.

Add to that, Vinny & Martin are NOT going to be better at this point in their careers than Krejci & Seguin.  Krejci is 25 and really just starting to bloom.  Seguin is a 19 year old #2 pick who just won the cup as a rookie.  REALLY!?!?!Vinnies (age 31) points are almost exactly the same as Krejcis over the past 3 seasons and like I said, Krejci is just coming into his own as seen in these playoffs as the leagues leading scorer in both points and goals.  St. Louis is a perennial 30 goal man, but he is also 36 and SMALL.  He cant continue playing at this level for years to come in my opinion.  Since going to Tampa 10 years ago he has only played one shortened season, which means time is more than likely going to catch up to him sooner rather than later.

That is why people are trashing you and this "proposed" trade.  It would be a HORRIBLE idea and the ONLY people who would like it would be the people who dont know hockey, along with the Tampa organization and fans, because it would benefit them for the next 10-15 years and give them an incredibly great foundation to build a team around.  Krejci, Rask, Seguin AND Ference for Vinnie and Martin!?  LMAO!!!!  Maybe if they had of pulled an up 3-0 in the finals and lost.  Then JUST MAYBE! (but not really)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

if your going to propose the dumbest trade in boston.com history, at least get the names right....FERENCE, its not FERRANCE its FERENCE....real simple. the rest is just to dumb to respond to

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Forum Post: Re: Will you all stop bunch of whinners!!! at 4/14/2011 10:52 PM EDT
    if you love the Bruins and want to ignore the obvious that is your perogative. But I have been saying since the fall this team is built for ONE AND DONE in the playoffs. Why? The centers are to similar, the wings not explosive or able to score enough, and the defense after Chara is mediocre. Plus they have obvious heart and character issues. If the Habs win they have to dump the Pete and Claude team, trade Krecji, Rusk and picks for a Getzlaf type center and find some FA wingers and defense.

Pumpsie, once you've posted something like your above statement, you've got a lot of nerve showing up expecting to be taken seriously. Your knowledge of hockey is suspect at best. Perhaps you should make an attempt to watch some games and try to pay attention because,as it stands, you just don't understand the sport.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

pumpsie....in all honesty, you just aren't smart enough for these boards

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Oy... pumpsie, three of the guys that you want to send to TB have a very good chance of playing in the next Olympics, and you'd be geting two guys in retur with tough contracts on the downside of their careers. Crazy bad idea. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

But guys, they are BIG NAMES!  Isnt THAT what wins you championships!?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Pumpsie-- are you now satisfied with the numerous dead on explanations on why this trade proposal is close to being one of the STUPIDEST on this board ever?

I will cut you some slack and not put you on ignore since your foolishness is lack Hockey sense and understanding, and just not flat out ignorance like some other trolls.  Like others have stated please take your Blinders off and actually watch what happens on the ice and not in the box score or score sheet.

Sections
Shortcuts