If the BRUINS dont reach. The Stanley Cup final....PC has to trade Chara this summer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

If the BRUINS dont reach. The Stanley Cup final....PC has to trade Chara this summer

Big Z is now 36 ....still has a great value on the trade market...

One more year to go to his contract....

we could get a very good player in return maybe 2 players 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: If the BRUINS dont reach. The Stanley Cup final....PC has to trade Chara this summer

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Next post 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: If the BRUINS dont reach. The Stanley Cup final....PC has to trade Chara this summer

What is wrong with you?  He is in year 2 of a 7 year deal that extends through 2018.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=540076

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KWPatsFan. Show KWPatsFan's posts

Chara is a shell of himself in the physical game, but his defense is still top notch.  We had better get real good quality if you suggesting trading the big man.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to KWPatsFan's comment:

Chara is a shell of himself in the physical game, but his defense is still top notch.  We had better get real good quality if you suggesting trading the big man.

Chara is a shell of himself in the physical game. I watch mostly every game and I don't think that his physical part of the game has dropped off that much. He still is in my mind a Top 5 DMan. When he gets a chance he will try to take your head off. Zedeno Chara and Patrice Bergeron will play the rest of their careers with the bruins and have both their numbers retired. Just my view and I am willing to bet I am not the only one who has that point of view.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to mitchco98's comment:

I agree more downside than upside, Big Lurch could get this team a roster player and a First Rounder in a deep draft this year. Chara supporters on this forum think this cluts is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Gretzky, Messier and Coffey to name a few Hall of Famers have all been traded any talk about Lurch and these idiots go off. Since he came to Boston in 2006 missed the playoffs that year lost in the Quarter Finals twice, lost twice in the Semi Finals, 2011 won the cup thank you TT you will not be forgotten. Lurch is too slow and old, time to cash in on this overated giraffe.
    We got fleeced in the Thornton trade let's return the favour to some of these doughead GM that still think he is and all star.

Gretzky and Messier are centers Chara is a defenseman 2 different positions and Coffey was better offense DMan but Chara is a better defenseman and more physical. Thank You TT you're right 100% but a small thanks goes to Ryder for the OT winner in game 4 and the goal he kicked out in game5 and a small thanks to Horton goals in game 7 against Habs ant Tampa. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

I agree more downside than upside, Big Lurch could get this team a roster player and a First Rounder in a deep draft this year. Chara supporters on this forum think this cluts is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Gretzky, Messier and Coffey to name a few Hall of Famers have all been traded any talk about Lurch and these idiots go off. Since he came to Boston in 2006 missed the playoffs that year lost in the Quarter Finals twice, lost twice in the Semi Finals, 2011 won the cup thank you TT you will not be forgotten. Lurch is too slow and old, time to cash in on this overated giraffe.
    We got fleeced in the Thornton trade let's return the favour to some of these doughead GM that still think he is and all star.

You've become a one-trick-pony, and frankly, you bore me. "Good-bye"...ignore

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Gretzky and Messier are centers Chara is a defenseman 2 different positions and Coffey was better offense DMan but Chara is a better defenseman and more physical. Thank You TT you're right 100% but a small thanks goes to Ryder for the OT winner in game 4 and the goal he kicked out in game5 and a small thanks to Horton goals in game 7 against Habs ant Tampa. 

How about saying thank you to the Bruins FW and Dmen who scored 21 goals in the 4 wins against the Canucks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

in this case the pictures speak more then any words I can say LMAO!!! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the Z-Man may be 36 but being the fitness nut he is, he'll be at the top of his game for at least another 3-4 seasons....

i'll start worrying when he turns 40....  maybe not, Chris Chelios played into his mid-40's....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about saying thank you to the Bruins FW and Dmen who scored 21 goals in the 4 wins against the Canucks.

[/QUOabout    I said it was a TEAM thing many times goodnews.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

How about Scott Stevens, Brian Leetch, Chris Chelios and Pronger all have been traded. The biggest thanks should go to Horton if not for his goal front office and team would have been overhauled.

I guess lifting the cup and keeping his cap on at the same was too much. What a cluts.

Read  the post I brought up Hortons OT goals. Plus going on that idea , TT would still be playing net here and not in Colorado finding a new lease on life.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

You could argue that Chara should have won the Norris in each of the last two seasons.  A combined +66 with nearly 100 points. 

Every team in the league would jump at the chance to get him if PC made him available.  He would go for a heck of alot more than a roster player and a pick.  Good thing PC won't be trading him.  Besides, he has a NMC, so we can all move on from Stanley's crazy post.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Okay, TT was fantastic in that playoff run, but I hate it when people say they won the cup solely because of him. Stop it. I think Thomas gets too much credit and Chara too little. The Bruins could basically throw out a d pairing for 27+ minutes that the opposition couldn't score against. Chara was plus 16 in the playoff run. The Bruins gave up 53 goals and scored 81 in their playoff run. That's a differential of 28. Chara was plus 16. The bruins had 10 power play goals, and gave up 6 PK goals, so the even strength goal differential was 24...and chara was a plus 16. That's absurd. Don't say the Bruins won the cup because of Thomas, I think Chara has way more to do with it than most people think. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Why do people respond to mitchco?  He's a Habs fan.  Don't waste your time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

I can remember Thomas, on more than one occasion, telling reporters that he saw the puck well and was able to make a lot of the good saves because he played behing the best defenseman in the league "Big Z". I give Thomas tons of credit: he was great, but ask the Sedins about Chara. Flash back to the Montreal series when Chara was sick and looked half dead out there- the overall effect to the team was telling. No Chara-no Cup.

Never respond to Mitch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

It's funny how mental we get after losing a big game to the Scabs. I know, I feel it too,but this is even out there for Stanley.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Why do people respond to mitchco?  He's a Habs fan.  Don't waste your time.

You got that right, i figured that out a long time ago.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.