If the BRUINS dont reach. The Stanley Cup final....PC has to trade Chara this summer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: If the BRUINS dont reach. The Stanley Cup final....PC has to trade Chara this summer

Dont get me wrong here and sorry for the mistake about his contract....Big Z is still on top of his game ...and thats why we shouls trade after this season ...because his value is still so high we could get a top forward and a 1st round pick ...Big Z is not getting any you ger and I believe Hamilton will be even better next year...the major problem with our team right now is the offense..we cant score goals...we need a sniper a real good one and to get one you have to give big ......Zdeno will probably slow down in the next few years and trading him while his value is at the top would ne a smart move .....unless Big Z leads the team to the Stanley Cup final......and again dont blast me I love Zdeno....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Re: If the BRUINS dont reach. The Stanley Cup final....PC has to trade Chara this summer

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Dont get me wrong here and sorry for the mistake about his contract....Big Z is still on top of his game ...and thats why we shouls trade after this season ...because his value is still so high we could get a top forward and a 1st round pick ...Big Z is not getting any you ger and I believe Hamilton will be even better next year...the major problem with our team right now is the offense..we cant score goals...we need a sniper a real good one and to get one you have to give big ......Zdeno will probably slow down in the next few years and trading him while his value is at the top would ne a smart move .....unless Big Z leads the team to the Stanley Cup final......and again dont blast me I love Zdeno....

let's just use bobby ryan as an example of a young sniper. I think this team is so much worse with Ryan instead of Chara. I think the team loses it's indentity without him. I think they're lost without him. Contender with, average without. That's my guess. I think we've seen that when he's been out of the lineup. Our window is open. let's not close it. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

He has a NTC.

Two ways to get around this. 

1) Hope some team shoots their load and offers their whole team as their initial offer.

2) Tell him only one team made an offer, screw your NTC because you're going there or nowwhere.

Works everytime. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I agree and disagree, meaning  that theres 2 ways i look at it, If you trade chara, your sure to get back something very valuable, but trading him your also trading away a system that needs to be changed, because chara is really the work of 2 dman in one. The bs really do not have a shut down dman right now to replace him and i can see this as a disaster.

Now if you did trade him, then you would have to rid of CJ and his system, bring in a more offensive minded coach and system, along with other additions and subtractions.

Its a long long road to revover from either way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

only team to win a cup in the last decade without a true number one defender (i'm talking top 5 or so guy in the league) was pittsburgh. i'm not trading one. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Mitchco, you don't know a thing about hockey and have nothing meaningful to add to discussion. Clearly if you say Chara is useless and many highly regarded sports announcers say that he should be considered for the Hart Trophy in additiona to the Norris trophy there seems to be a problem. I'm going to go ahead and say the experts that get paid for their opinion know more than you.

Thanks for stopping by but I'll enjoy no longer reading your posts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

RELEASE THE KRAKEN !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

let's just use bobby ryan as an example of a young sniper. I think this team is so much worse with Ryan instead of Chara. I think the team loses it's indentity without him. I think they're lost without him. Contender with, average without. That's my guess. I think we've seen that when he's been out of the lineup. Our window is open. let's not close it. 

[/QUOTE]

What I mean is if Chara cannot take us to the Stanley Cup final this year ,,,maybe we should start thinking of rebuilding cause with the offense we have we are'nt going anywhere ...and the example you gave : Bobby Ryan ...it would also take 2  1st round picks + Ryan for Chara ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mitchco98. Show mitchco98's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Mitchco, you don't know a thing about hockey and have nothing meaningful to add to discussion. Clearly if you say Chara is useless and many highly regarded sports announcers say that he should be considered for the Hart Trophy in additiona to the Norris trophy there seems to be a problem. I'm going to go ahead and say the experts that get paid for their opinion know more than you.

Thanks for stopping by but I'll enjoy no longer reading your posts.

I know more about hockey than you will ever know, Chara is not useless, he is an overpaid Hal Gill this guy is not worth the money the quicker PC moves Lurch, the assets received will out weigh the loss. And I don't listen to so called experts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

The problem is one of expectation. Despite being one of the very best Defencemen in the league at the moment, Bs fans historically are use to guys like Shore, Orr, Park and Bourque. And no matter how good Chara is he can never match up with those four.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

What I mean is if Chara cannot take us to the Stanley Cup final this year ,,,maybe we should start thinking of rebuilding cause with the offense we have we are'nt going anywhere ...and the example you gave : Bobby Ryan ...it would also take 2  1st round picks + Ryan for Chara ...

[/QUOTE]

with the possible exception of elite goaltender, the most important thing a hockey team can have is an elite number 1 d man. I'll take 4-5 years of Chara over 10 years of a 30-35 goal scorer and two first round picks anyday.