If the Bruins Find a Powerplay

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: If the Bruins Find a Powerplay

Ok, some on here are very astute on intricacies of hockey.  I read on here once back a year or so ago that the CJ system 5 on 5 does not translate to an efficient power play.  In other words, the effective defensive positional play that stymies the opposition retards(BDC objects to this word... but it is the correct word) the uptempo power play.  Is this true you gurus?  I am genuinely interested.  I am not being sarcastic either.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Fine.  THe Bs have won w/o a PP.  So did the Kings last year.  Where I think it WILL be advantageous and not just dismissed as unecessary for success is when 2 teams with equally tough D mindsets face each other.  Then, a good PP makes a difference.  

I think about the Caps series last year.  So darn close.  1 or 2 PP goals extra could have made a whole difference. 

The difference was Horton. Without Horton they are an unbalanced team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:

Ok, some on here are very astute on intricacies of hockey.  I read on here once back a year or so ago that the CJ system 5 on 5 does not translate to an efficient power play.  In other words, the effective defensive positional play that stymies the opposition also retards(BDC objects to this word... but it is the correct word) the uptempo power play.  Is this true you gurus?  I am genuinely interested.  I am not being sarcastic either.  

Sometimes transitions make the difference. And I'm not sure if that's the case. I think with the right coaching strategy the could transition between the two styles when needed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dougie_Spamilton. Show Dougie_Spamilton's posts

Ok, some on here are very astute on intricacies of hockey.  I read on here once back a year or so ago that the CJ system 5 on 5 does not translate to an efficient power play.  In other words, the effective defensive positional play that stymies the opposition retards(BDC objects to this word... but it is the correct word) the uptempo power play.  Is this true you gurus?  I am genuinely interested.  I am not being sarcastic either.  

The two shouldn't be related, but if they are it means Claude has the PP units more concerned about giving up shorties than scoring, which is hard to fathom, though not entirely out of the question.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

Where I think it WILL be advantageous and not just dismissed as unecessary for success is when 2 teams with equally tough D mindsets face each other.  Then, a good PP makes a difference.  

I think about the Caps series last year.  So darn close.  1 or 2 PP goals extra could have made a whole difference.

I was going to type ^that^ earlier as a great example and why it MATTERS!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

I suggest 1 or 2 PP goals wouldn't have made any difference. We would have found a way to lose just the same.

If the team is not there - you will not win. You're only hope then is luck. Luck goes to the team that works the hardest. And it wasn't Boston against Washington (due mainly to Dale Hunter). We see their situation now without him - the Caps are garbage. Adam Oates doesn't stand a chance.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

It's a fair point when looking at breakouts and entry in the zone to set up the PP, but not once offensive control has been established. The Bs aren't at their best when the opposing team challenges them in their own end with a strong forecheck. It's why they struggle against Carolina, NJ and Detroit. When the Bs go on the power play, seems like the other team is playing a very active penalty kill. Add to that the fact the Bruins play with one D and one forward on the back end, and progress up the ice becomes difficult. I don't think the problem is in the offensive zone - I think it's that they have absolutely no momentum and ease getting their players set up in the first place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to Dougie_Spamilton's comment:

This PP problem has been going on for years now yet they keep winning. I know it's cliche, but it's the scoring depth and usually dominant 5 on 5 play that continues to allow this to happen. Personally, I think someone needs to get fired, especially after last night, but whatever works.

Being poor in one area of the game merits the need for someone to get fired ?

You need to look at the big picture. Their record and where they sit in the standings. 

If there is strictly a pp coach yes he deserves to get fired. 

Strictly a PP coach ? What's his name ? Caspar the Ghost.