If they go for St Louis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeyhome. Show hockeyhome's posts

If they go for St Louis

try and get Brewer to

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: If they go for St Louis

St. Louis is not going anywhere. Just because PC inquired about him does not mean TB is looking to unload him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

And Brewer has two years left at nearly $4 million per - he'd give PC cap issues.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

We could use St Louis's skill set big time, but he's probably not going anywhere. I'd rather have him than Iginla to be honest. And I believe he's got one more year on his contract. Calgary's asking price for Iginla is gonna be crazy, and you most likely lose him after this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

How do you know for sure St. Louis will not be traded?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Eklund. LOL  that was the best one all night so far.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Nothing is certain but there has been nothing to suggest Yzerman is shopping him. I mentioned this before but it is about as likely as PC shopping Bergeron. St. Louis is an important cog for that team, is a heart and soul guy, and is currently signed to a cap-friendly contract. Very unlikely to be moved unless someone is prepared to offer a crazy return...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

If given the choice between St. Louis or Iginla, I take MSL all day long.  Still playing at an elite level and under control for 2 more seasons.  I would pay a premium for a player/situatiton like that as compared to paying for an Iginla rental.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

If given the choice between St. Louis or Iginla, I take MSL all day long.  Still playing at an elite level and under control for 2 more seasons.  I would pay a premium for a player/situatiton like that as compared to paying for an Iginla rental.

No question about it Crowls....correct.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Curtis Glencross would be a good a fit . I wonder what it would take to get him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:

Curtis Glencross would be a good a fit . I wonder what it would take to get him.

probably almost as much as iginla

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Mark Recchi.  

And they got Lashoff and Karsums.  

That worked out so well for them.  

How can they resist not pulling the trigger on another deal with Boston?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Mark Recchi.  

Badhab, the Recchi deal was done in 2009. They won the Cup two years later.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Mark Recchi.  

The cup doesn't matter, they got 2 stiffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Mark Recchi.  

Would they have been better off if they got nothing for him?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Yup.  Also: we dont have a player who is like MSL from a style perspective.  He would add another dimension to this team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Mark Recchi.  

That's a moot point I believe because he wasn't going to be a UFA at season's end, from what I recall he has another year on his contract.  So they would have been better off just keeping him.  So the answer is yes, they would have been better off with nothing.  They would have gotten more out of Recchi.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Martin would be a good fit for Boston then Iggy. Cause he is a more consistent goal scorer and plus the Bruins already have big forwards Lucic and Horton. Bergeron looch and horton size, seguin louis and marchand with speed, and krejci can center the 1st power play unit

marchand krejci st louis

lucic bergy seguin

The Bruins at the moment also have a bang up d squad which needs major replacements, a good defensive minded d man for the 5th and 6th spot. Our defence as of late has not been the same since injuries. Chara Hamilton Ference Sieds Johnson Bartowski and Boys is where the bruins are at.

As of recent rumours Whitney (drawback injure prone) from Edm. is on the bruins radar.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

That's a moot point I believe because he wasn't going to be a UFA at season's end, from what I recall he has another year on his contract.  So they would have been better off just keeping him.  So the answer is yes, they would have been better off with nothing.  They would have gotten more out of Recchi.

Recchi didn't want to be part of a rebuild in T-Bay. He was soon to be UFA. Try again my failing friend.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/226

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from izgood. Show izgood's posts

Agree 100%.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Nothing is certain but there has been nothing to suggest Yzerman is shopping him. I mentioned this before but it is about as likely as PC shopping Bergeron. St. Louis is an important cog for that team, is a heart and soul guy, and is currently signed to a cap-friendly contract. Very unlikely to be moved unless someone is prepared to offer a crazy return...

I don't agree with your Bergeron comparison.  MSL turns 38 in June, Bergeron is 10 years younger.  If we were talking about Stamkos, the argument works, but it appears that Tampa is well on it's way towards a youth movement, whether it has been forced upon them because of injuries, standings, coaching changes, etc....  All of the things you say about Marty are true.  However, this is now Steven's team, not Marty's or Vinnie's.  Is it unlikely, yes!  As Bruins fans we can surely hope that Stevie Y send him the Bruins way.  By the way, has the luster of Stevie Y already worn off?  I can remember everyone all over this guys jock, including many here at bdc, touting him as the next big GM.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

I don't agree with your Bergeron comparison.  MSL turns 38 in June, Bergeron is 10 years younger.  If we were talking about Stamkos, the argument works, but it appears that Tampa is well on it's way towards a youth movement, whether it has been forced upon them because of injuries, standings, coaching changes, etc....  All of the things you say about Marty are true.  However, this is now Steven's team, not Marty's or Vinnie's.  Is it unlikely, yes!  As Bruins fans we can surely hope that Stevie Y send him the Bruins way.  By the way, has the luster of Stevie Y already worn off?  I can remember everyone all over this guys jock, including many here at bdc, touting him as the next big GM.  

Stamkos is the best player on the team but MSL is the heart and soul. Those are the only 2 untouchables on that team.....well, maybe Hedman.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Stamkos is the best player on the team but MSL is the heart and soul. Those are the only 2 untouchables on that team.....well, maybe Hedman.

I think you forgot one untouchable.  Vinnie!  $7.7 Mil for 7 more years!  He's untouchable with that contract, even with the buyout clause! LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I think you forgot one untouchable.  Vinnie!  $7.7 Mil for 7 more years!  He's untouchable with that contract, even with the buyout clause! LOL

hah.....they should have pawned him off to Montreal last season for a song when they had the chance. Yzerman got greedy and wanted an actual return. Very short sighted.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Good points.  They wouldnt trade St Louis for 100 cents on the dollar.  We'd have to blow them away.

I'd consider Subban , 1st rd, 2nd rd.

On second thought, I'd do it.

Because...St Louis would be a line 1 winger on this team for this year and the two that follow.  He would instantly cure our PP woes.  

Sections
Shortcuts