If they go for St Louis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: If they go for St Louis

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

Mark Recchi.  

And they got Lashoff and Karsums.  

That worked out so well for them.  

How can they resist not pulling the trigger on another deal with Boston?

Don't forget Boston also got a 2nd rd pk, pure larceny. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Good points.  They wouldnt trade St Louis for 100 cents on the dollar.  We'd have to blow them away.

I'd consider Subban , 1st rd, 2nd rd.

On second thought, I'd do it.

Because...St Louis would be a line 1 winger on this team for this year and the two that follow.  He would instantly cure our PP woes.  

I hope whatever they are willing to give to Calgary for Iggy, they at least offer the same for Marty.  I would be willing to pay more for Marty than Iggy.  Call me crazy, but I am not as thrilled about Iggy coming to the Bruins as everyone else seems to be.  I guess it's because I haven't seen very many games of his.  I wonder how many other Bruins fans have seen him play often, or are they simply looking at numbers (which are undeniable).  I see Marty a lot, have always admired his game since his days with the Cleveland Lumberjacks while I was with the Blades.  It's a long shot, but I have won the superfecta at the dog track before, so I am still holding out hope.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Good points.  They wouldnt trade St Louis for 100 cents on the dollar.  We'd have to blow them away.

I'd consider Subban , 1st rd, 2nd rd.

On second thought, I'd do it.

Because...St Louis would be a line 1 winger on this team for this year and the two that follow.  He would instantly cure our PP woes.  

I hope whatever they are willing to give to Calgary for Iggy, they at least offer the same for Marty.  I would be willing to pay more for Marty than Iggy.  Call me crazy, but I am not as thrilled about Iggy coming to the Bruins as everyone else seems to be.  I guess it's because I haven't seen very many games of his.  I wonder how many other Bruins fans have seen him play often, or are they simply looking at numbers (which are undeniable).  I see Marty a lot, have always admired his game since his days with the Cleveland Lumberjacks while I was with the Blades.  It's a long shot, but I have won the superfecta at the dog track before, so I am still holding out hope.

I dont think you're crazy.  I think thats a fair point.  Regardless of whether its Marty or Iggy, the price will be high.  I dont think its crazy to suggest that if we are going to be a high price, it better be for a player who "we know what we are going to get" from.

But Im biased.  Im in the MSL >>>>> Iggy camp.

My reasoning: contract.  MSL is a steal for this year and the next 2 from a cap hit perspective.