If uou have the guts to defend your opinions

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradMarchand. Show BradMarchand's posts

Re: If uou have the guts to defend your opinions

:)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Here's why there's a petition, Stan.

You have a selective memory about Wheeler, and you cherry pick your evidence to talk about him.  Last year, Wheeler was the top RW on the Jets and led them in scoring with 64 points.  He had 17 goals.  Look at that and tell me how great 17 goals for a first line winger is.  Then compare it to what Peverley did as a 3rd line winger who saw some duty on the top lines.  If Peverley had played the same number of games as Wheeler, he'd have projected out to 59 points and 16 goals - a difference of 5 points and 1 goal in 2 min TOI fewer per game.  That's 2 1/2 extra games if you add it up.  He was +20 to Wheeler's +3 despite playing on a checking line.  Now, you tell me which set of numbers is more important - a full season of producing points at roughly the same rate with Peverley contributing to a division winner and Wheeler leading the Jets to the golf course or 7 games in a lockout shortened season where the Bruins just lost their first game and the Jets are, again, in 9th position in the conference?

Khudobin has a 3.00 GAA.  After giving up 6 yesterday, Rask is at 2.44.  Based on the goals he gave up against Carolina - none pure softies - he wouldn't have stopped any of the goals yesterday either.  Your trumpeting of him reminds us all of your prediction that the Bruins would crash and burn without "Big Wheel".  Then they traded him and won the Cup. 

John Scott is a moose, but there is no player on the Bruins other than Thornton who should acknowledge the guy's existence.  In terms of size and strength, the only two or three guys on the Bruins who could fight the guy and not get hurt are Lucic, Chara and maybe McQuaid.  You really want them off the ice with John Scott?  The reason Thornton is on the team is so that two of those guys don't have to fight unless they initiate.  That doesn't change if he loses the fight.  Scott did nothing wrong.  Thornton was a willing combatant.  And he got fed his lunch because his arms aren't long enough.

In all of that, Stanley, the point is not just that I, like many, disagree with you.  It's that you start thread after thread after thread repeating the first two points and you never get more "right".  Let the Wheeler thing go, even if someone makes a joke at your expense.  Let the Khudobin thing go for now and if he does get hot, then maybe people will be willing to talk about it.  And keep all the predictions on that one thread so that people who want to compare their predictions with you can find them and the rest of us who really don't care whether you can call it ahead of time or not don't have to wade through thirty threads of "I callled it!!!" and "Take it to the bank!!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And the great Bookboy-Stanley debate begins. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And for my money Goliath ( BB ) lays a whooping on David ( Stanley ) this time around.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts