If you hate Matt Cooke, you should also hate Brad Marchand.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

If you hate Matt Cooke, you should also hate Brad Marchand.

Did you see the elbow he put on RJ Umberger?  Umberger didn't have the puck.  Marchand comes from behind him and elbows him behind/below the ear.  That's about as dirty as it's going to get.

Marchand came out as a hard skating, free wheeling fun to watch rookie.  He's now trying to get under the skin of everyone and be the super pest.  You know what he is?  He is dirty.  He is a dirty, dirty hockey player and he should be suspended.

It makes me sick that this kid is playing this way while wearing a Bruins jersey.

http://www.twitvid.com/RTSLC

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: If you hate Matt Cooke, you should also hate Brad Marchand.

Still feel the same.  He's played this way from the beginning of the year. He saw that as his role ("the Rat" part Deux).  The only difference is he started to score few.  He is what he is.  Don't really like the cheap-shot.  He went too far. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to If you hate Matt Cooke, you should also hate Brad Marchand.:
    [QUOTE]Did you see the elbow he put on RJ Umberger?  Umberger didn't have the puck.  Marchand comes from behind him and elbows him behind/below the ear.  That's about as dirty as it's going to get. Marchand came out as a hard skating, free wheeling fun to watch rookie.  He's now trying to get under the skin of everyone and be the super pest.  You know what he is?  He is dirty.  He is a dirty, dirty hockey player and he should be suspended. It makes me sick that this kid is playing this way while wearing a Bruins jersey. http://www.twitvid.com/RTSLC
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    There is no way I judge Marchand the same as I do Cooke.Not because he's a Bruin but because Marchand is a rookie that I don't think has ever been thrown out of a game.Cooke is a veteran player with a career long history of dangerous play who should be run out of the game.Being a pest is is well below the level of danger Cooke brings to the table.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Dirty elbow to the back/side of Umberger's head.  If Umberger was seriously hurt, Marchand would get 10 games for that hit.

Get him out of here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Umberger is a big boy, if he wasn't so low to the ice (clearly can tell by the forward motion he makes and how bent his knees are) Marchands' hit would be to the back part of his shoulder. Clearly elbowing but I don't think it was head hunting by any means. You can't see where Marchand was or how the play was developing. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

First off, that was a terrible elbow--and Marchand should know better. 

However, I wouldn't compare Marchand's terrible judgement to the business as usual approach of Matt Cooke.

However, Marchand needs to cut the crap--I like his game plenty without the flying elbows. He is too talented to resort to this nonsense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: If you hate Matt Cooke, you should also hate Brad Marchand.:
    [QUOTE]Umberger is a big boy, if he wasn't so low to the ice (clearly can tell by the forward motion he makes and how bent his knees are) Marchands' hit would be to the back part of his shoulder. Clearly elbowing but I don't think it was head hunting by any means. You can't see where Marchand was or how the play was developing. 
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the game?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you hate Matt Cooke, you should also hate Brad Marchand. : Did you watch the game?
    Did you?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you hate Matt Cooke, you should also hate Brad Marchand. : Did you?

I watch every game.  Did you watch the game?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you hate Matt Cooke, you should also hate Brad Marchand. : I watch every game.  Did you watch the game?
    I watch every game NAS. Reply to my comment if you would like to add to the conversation. I disagree with you, get over it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0g7_pVqpB0

Now you can see the play develop (like I did when I watched the game).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0g7_pVqpB0 Now you can see the play develop (like I did when I watched the game).
    That's fantastic, I still stick by my original comment (same thought I had when I watched the game). Will it get reviewed? probably, it was a hit to the head. But RJ leaned forward reaching for the puck, his knees were bent, and Marchand hit him. Doesn't/didn't look nearly as bad in real time as it does in slow motion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you hate Matt Cooke, you should also hate Brad Marchand. : I watch every game NAS. Reply to my comment if you would like to add to the conversation. I disagree with you, get over it. 

I was replying to your comment.  You said you can't see where he was or how the play was developing.  If you had watched the game, you would have known this.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you hate Matt Cooke, you should also hate Brad Marchand. : I was replying to your comment.  You said you can't see where he was or how the play was developing.  If you had watched the game, you would have known this.
    I actually said YOU not I. As in this would be a horrible clip if deciding if it was a head shot or not. Stop being a clown NAS. Everyone can be a tough guy when hiding behind a screen. Go back through my posts and see where I comment on rask DURING the game saying he looked great tonight. How would I be able to tell if I wasn't watching?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you hate Matt Cooke, you should also hate Brad Marchand. : I actually said YOU not I. As in this would be a horrible clip if deciding if it was a head shot or not. Stop being a clown NAS. Everyone can be a tough guy when hiding behind a screen. Go back through my posts and see where I comment on rask DURING the game saying he looked great tonight. How would I be able to tell if I wasn't watching?

I generally skip your posts, however I am truly interested in all opinions on this matter.  Everything else notwithstanding, this is a clear elbow to the side/back of the head.  You would agree with that, right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you hate Matt Cooke, you should also hate Brad Marchand. : I generally skip your posts, however I am truly interested in all opinions on this matter.  Everything else notwithstanding, this is a clear elbow to the side/back of the head.  You would agree with that, right?
    For someone who "usually" skips my posts you tend to comment on them. Anyways, did his elbow hit his head? yes. Was it in a dirty matter? my OPINION is no. Because of what I stated early. Umberger was trying to play the puck, the puck jumps up, Umberger is leaning forward, bending at the knees trying to get it. Marchand comes in and hits him. Unfortunately he hits him in the head. If Umberger wasn't leaning forward this would be a non issue because Marchand would have hit him in the back/shoulder. Marchand is 5'9 at best while Umberger is listed at 6'2. There is no way Marchand gets his head without leaving his feet (which he clearly didn't) if Umberger is upright.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Okay, so players who are bending over are fair game to be elbowed in the head?

Marchand could have skated by him, but instead decided to elbow him.  I'm not psychic, so I won't say he tried to get the head.  I will say, watching the youtube video above from 13 seconds to 20 seconds, that the elbow was intentional.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]Okay, so players who are bending over are fair game to be elbowed in the head? Marchand could have skated by him, but instead decided to elbow him.  I'm not psychic, so I won't say he tried to get the head.  I will say, watching the youtube video above from 13 seconds to 20 seconds, that the elbow was intentional.
    No and I didn't state otherwise. But, I think it needs to be taken into account when looking at these types of hits. All hits to the head look 100% worse when you watch them in slow motion, much like the youtube vid. I won't comment on whether or not I think it was intentional or not because I have no idea what Marchand is thinking out on the ice. The game is fast and I don't think he had nearly as much time to think about it as the Columbus announcers said he did. He should have been called for elbowing. I thought it was elbowing all along as I stated earlier, but not a "dirty head hit" ala Matt Cooke.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

I think that was a dirty hit and wish Marchand whould clean it up a bit. But I don't think that was anywhere near as bad as the Cooke hit. Cooke came in perpendicular to Savard and Marchand was almost coming from behind making his impact considerably less than Coke's. Additonally (but not as important as the first point), Marchand also made some body contact immeadiatly after the head contact, which lessens the whiplash effect and probably to some extent, any potential injury.  Certainly none of this goes through head since he's making a split second decision and you can't truly know his intent, but the appearance of the hit comes no where close to the Cooke incident.

Clean it up - sure, but I think dumping is a bit drastic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Yup.  Dirty hit.  Didn't like it.  I will have no problem if the league sits him for a few games.  I have no taste for hits like that, regardless of what uniform the perpetrator is wearing.

It seems like Marchand's production has fallen off over the last couple of weeks and he is trying to make up for it with dirty plays like the one in question.  Hopefully he cleans up his act and focuses on playing good, clean hockey. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Funny how Jack said nothing about the hit, and NESN showed no replays of it.  If it was a Bruins player that got hit with that elbow, Jack would of been flipping out and spent the rest of the game working it into every other sentence.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Dirty hit. Used to watch  Angela James pull that crap all the time and get away with it. Pissed me off then, and pisses me off now. I don't care what jersey they're wearing. (first opportunity HOFer my sweet aching butt)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]Yup.  Dirty hit.  Didn't like it.  I will have no problem if the league sits him for a few games.  I have no taste for hits like that, regardless of what uniform the perpetrator is wearing. It seems like Marchand's production has fallen off over the last couple of weeks and he is trying to make up for it with dirty plays like the one in question.  Hopefully he cleans up his act and focuses on playing good, clean hockey. 
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

My thought exactly.  He's been so focused on being an "agitator" that he's not playing anywhere near as well as he was earlier in the year.  In fact, he's playing like he belongs back on the fourth line.  The kid's "emotional intelligence" seems to be a real issue.  I don't think he's Matt Cooke yet, but if this becomes his game day in and day out, then yeah - see ya. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

Didn't watch the game or see the hit.  If it was dirty, then it doesn't belong in the game.   I think Marchand has a bright future and is a player I could see being my favorite Bruin in the future.   However if he starts to cross the line with dirty plays, that opinon will change in a hurry.  

Fast, aggressive, tough, physical.... all aspects I love in a player.   Dirty... not so much.   We don't want a Matt Cooke or Steve Downie on this team.   Hopefully if he is starting to cross the line a little, Julien steps in and has a word.   I don't want to hear of any other players being out with needless injuries because of a questionable or dirty hit from a Bruin's player this season.   If we put a player out with a clean hit, so be it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS,

I had this same argument with Callo.  He wears Bruins colored glasses when its one of our guys.  When its the other guy its the dirtiest player in the league. 

Marchand has turned into a player I don't like.  I don't like them when they play for other teams and I certainly don't like it when its our guys.  Marchand has always been known from his junior days of being a disturber.  He also had some attitude issues from when he played with the Halifax Mooseheads. 

He will soon be labeled for all the cheap stuff he does.  He already has been by me.

Sections
Shortcuts