IF?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

IF?

Bergeron misses any games i know everyone says put seguin in and i do agree to a certain degree. Maybe he would excel against TB .
    My thoughts are that Caron would do a great job. I recall stating earlier in the season he reminded me of bergy but a winger.
    Just my thoughts but im optimistic that bergy is really fine and will play.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: IF?

What the fans do not realize is how good Seguin is ...Remember Marchand playing on the 4th line when the season started ??   Same thing apllies for Seguin this kid is ready to explode and I wouldnt be surprised if he is one of the best on the ice against TB ....when Bergeron returns Claude Julien will have to sit either Ryder, Paille or Thorton ..and this will be the begining of a new ERA..why do you think I keep predicting that the B's will win 3 Stanley Cups in a row ????????   New season Seguin will be one of our best player , Caron will be on the roster ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

We already know Seguin is coming in.  He likely will get 4th line minutes and some PP time.  Anything he offers is a bonus and will be a great learning experience for him.  We shouldnt pin our hopes on a rookie who hasnt played in a month. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

careful stanley, wheeler might get jealous!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Caron, Seguin and Marchand may be the next Bruins top line in a couple years "if " all goes well. For now Seguin will be in the spot light to see what he is made of.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: IF?:
    [QUOTE]We already know Seguin is coming in.  He likely will get 4th line minutes and some PP time.  Anything he offers is a bonus and will be a great learning experience for him.  We shouldnt pin our hopes on a rookie who hasnt played in a month. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with this. We should not have too high of expectations from Seguin.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I think if the Bruins were going to play Caron, they would have giving him more time in the regular season. Seguin got those mintues. So I can't see the Bruins playing Caron over Seguin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

I say this... Put kelly in Bergeron place, Move Campbell up to Kelly place and put Suguin on the 4th line. Why put a young kid at one of the top lines in a Eastern conf. Play off game. Lets ease him in on the 4th line and see how he dose. We know Kelly and Campbell has done more than we can ask of them and continue to play their A game. Then once Bergeron comes back. Go back to how the lines were.

That my though. What you guys think?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

This makes sense, but PC is on record as saying Seguin is not a fourth line player.  I expect they will give TS a chance on a top-3 line, then move to the line up you describe if they have a lead.

[QUOTE]I say this... Put kelly in Bergeron place, Move Campbell up to Kelly place and put Suguin on the 4th line. Why put a young kid at one of the top lines in a Eastern conf. Play off game. Lets ease him in on the 4th line and see how he dose. We know Kelly and Campbell has done more than we can ask of them and continue to play their A game. Then once Bergeron comes back. Go back to how the lines were. That my though. What you guys think?
    Posted by Tbops[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

Sound right, I just don't know if he ready for that type of game just yet. It would make sense as well to see him play Center on the 3 rd line. move Kelly up and keep Campbell where he is.

This makes sense, but PC is on record as saying Seguin is not a fourth line player.  I expect they will give TS a chance on a top-3 line, then move to the line up you describe if they have a lead.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I like Seguin and would be happy to see him get his chance, but the OP does make an interesting point about Caron.  Caron seems like he could play good playoff hockey as he is a two-way forward, good in the corners, etc.

Further, the Bruins have an extra center in Peverly.  Perhaps Peverly could play with Marchand and Recchi on the second line with Kelly centering the third and Campbell centering the 4th.

Seems like it is worth consideration.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

According to today's news, Kelly will fill in for Bergie, and Seguin will be on the wing with Peverly and Ryder. Good spot for him as Peverly has good speed and is good on face-offs. IMO the biggest mistake is not replacing Thornton with Caron. We all know that Thorny is a great guy, but the objective is to win, and Thorny does not bring the necessary skills.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I disagree with the OP.  Seguin is the type of player that the Bruins just dont have right now.  Also, I love the idea of him w Peverly and Ryder in a speed line.  Especially against Tampa's 1-3-1.

Caron is a good prospect, but he's one of those all-around game / defensively responsible types.  We have those.

I wouldnt be surprised to see the Peverly, Seguin, Ryder line score a goal / game.  I love the speed/offesne.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

i think its a little premature to say caron might be on your first line in a couple years....i think the bruins have a pretty decent guy in lucic thats still young

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]I disagree with the OP.  Seguin is the type of player that the Bruins just dont have right now.  Also, I love the idea of him w Peverly and Ryder in a speed line.  Especially against Tampa's 1-3-1. Caron is a good prospect, but he's one of those all-around game / defensively responsible types.  We have those. I wouldnt be surprised to see the Peverly, Seguin, Ryder line score a goal / game.  I love the speed/offesne.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

Seguin is the type of player that the Bruins just dont have right now.

Ya someone who plays soft and hasnt seen a minute of ice time in the playoffs. Seguin is going to get beat up and abused, but I guess he is the best option we have. Caron brings a bigger body and can probably handle the physical aspects better than seguin. I honeslty dread seeing the kid in the lineup....He is just not ready for this atmosphere. He didnt do a whole lot in the regular season and the playoffs are another beast. He wont get much of a chance in the playoffs to show case what little he has. Next year will be his season. This year isnt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldnt be surprised to see the Peverly, Seguin, Ryder line score a goal / game.  I love the speed/offesne.

Would you also not be surprised to see them give up a goal per?  I do like the speed on the line but it would be nice to have one guy known to have a little bit more back check in his game. (yes, I know Pev and Ryder have shown a bit more than they are known for in the current playoff season).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]I say this... Put kelly in Bergeron place, Move Campbell up to Kelly place and put Suguin on the 4th line. Why put a young kid at one of the top lines in a Eastern conf. Play off game. Lets ease him in on the 4th line and see how he dose. We know Kelly and Campbell has done more than we can ask of them and continue to play their A game. Then once Bergeron comes back. Go back to how the lines were. That my though. What you guys think?
    Posted by Tbops[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Bgrif, size is overrated in today's NHL.  Chicago was one of the smaller teams in the league last year.  Before this year , everyone wrote off TB because they were "too soft".

Some people need to wake up and realize that its not 1998 anymore.  Speed and skill bring home cups in today's NHL.

Bostonguy: I think the speed helps on D too.  They dont need to be excellent forecheckers because they can get back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

[QUOTE]i think its a little premature to say caron might be on your first line in a couple years....i think the bruins have a pretty decent guy in lucic thats still young
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

In a couple years, Horton will be 28 (as well).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]Bgrif, size is overrated in today's NHL.  Chicago was one of the smaller teams in the league last year.  Before this year , everyone wrote off TB because they were "too soft". Some people need to wake up and realize that its not 1998 anymore.  Speed and skill bring home cups in today's NHL. Bostonguy: I think the speed helps on D too.  They dont need to be excellent forecheckers because they can get back.

Im not referring to 1998. Im referring to how the playoffs are played, this isnt the regular season where Seguin can avoid contact, not get his face rubbed, not get the extra slash, not get punished, etc....I know its a game built around the smaller guy with speed, but Seguin just isnt gonna be able to hack it in the playoffs. He has speed going straight but his foot skills need work. He isnt the smoothest skater, but that will come with more time. At best he will be put in to give the seasoned players a rest. And if for some reason Seguin proves me wrong then you can say Told Ya So. But until then Im not betting much on him. And praying Bergy comes back soon, so that Seguin isnt subjected to what he isnt ready for.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Caron barely has any NHL experience, let alone playoffs.  I would honestly prefer Whitfield simply because Whitfield knows the deal and will play safe.

Good thing it doesn't matter because Seguin will be playing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

the only place for Caron right now is in the pressbox....

Seguin will get his feet wet playing with Paille & Thornton and probably see some time on the second pp unit....

no way you bring up a player who spent most of the year in the ahl and make him play ahead of a future star who was part of the b's all year....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF? : Im not referring to 1998. Im referring to how the playoffs are played, this isnt the regular season where Seguin can avoid contact, not get his face rubbed, not get the extra slash, not get punished, etc....I know its a game built around the smaller guy with speed, but Seguin just isnt gonna be able to hack it in the playoffs. He has speed going straight but his foot skills need work. He isnt the smoothest skater, but that will come with more time. At best he will be put in to give the seasoned players a rest. And if for some reason Seguin proves me wrong then you can say Told Ya So. But until then Im not betting much on him. And praying Bergy comes back soon, so that Seguin isnt subjected to what he isnt ready for.
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]
    I sure like how guys like you speak in absolutes like "Seguin isn't ready",etc., rather than prefacing it by saying it's just your opinion he isn't ready. How does a player get playoff experience  except by playing? Tambelinni played his 1st playoff game for Van last night in place of an injured Samuellson and guess what......Van won(and clinched) with the inexperienced guy in the lineup.Every year,there are players that get thrown into the water and they either sink or swim. I expect Seguin to far exceed expectations( just like the entire team has done when the doubters are out in full force).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Peverly is a natural center so look for him to move in to take Patrice's spot...