IF...McQuaid can't play next game...Who's his replacement?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: IF...McQuaid can't play next game...Who's his replacement?

Kaberle's been invisible on the PP.  I keep thinking "this is the series where that D to D pass from Kaberle to Chara for the bomb might work."  Useless against Price, but I have no doubt Chara could blow one through Bobby Boucher.  I think they've gone completely away from it, and even though it wasn't working, that was a quesiton of execution and not planning.  They must have about 8 looks on the PP, 8 set plays at least.  No need to keep reinventing the wheel - sometimes, you go back to the well and find water.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: IF...McQuaid can't play next game...Who's his replacement?:
    [QUOTE]McQuaid is going to be with them on the plane back.  A good sign. How about a bold coaching move by CJ?  Have Thornton play d and bring up Seguin. It would be a bold and daring move, really out of the box thinking.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Well, look at it this way. Close to 5,000 posts before you finally went off your rocker. It was a good run, eh?

;)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF...McQuaid can't play next game...Who's his replacement? : What kind of figure skating move was Richards doing that he felt the need to drag his leg behind him on that play?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Dez thats what I said!!

But the I saw a bunch of replays and thought about it. Theres no way Richards could have intentionally dragged that leg, he barely saw Quaider at the last second. He'd have to have incredible reaction time to see Quaid then dodge him but also drag the leg for the trip. Just doesnt seem like he could have conciously but he does have dirty instincts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tbops. Show Tbops's posts

I think it will be Shane H. but if Kampfer was ok to play. It would have to be him. I feel like the last time we got a PP goal he was in the line up. Know it not true but feel if he did come back he would help the PP. Again the Shane would be perfect for this match up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]McQuaid was talking with Lucic as he came off the ice and did not look wobbly although he was propped up between Chara and Lucic.  He flew back to Boston with the team last night.  I'll bet he plays.  He's one tough customer. If he can't go, dress the Sheriff - this is exactly what he's here for.  Hnidy knows the defensive system very well and has not hurt us when he's been in.  Another tough customer.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

The thought of Hnidy on the ice with Briere and JVR scares the living crap out of me.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

So Kampfer cant go???  If not, Hnidy it is!!  At least he's better suited for the Flyers versus him needed in the last series thats for sure, those Montreal forwards would have eaten him up w/ their speed.....let MacQuaid rest a game, man that looked real ugly when it happened, thank god he's ok.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF...McQuaid can't play next game...Who's his replacement? : The thought of Hnidy on the ice with Briere and JVR scares the living crap out of me.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

i'm with you there ILH.  the b's will have last line change, so hopefully that won't happen too often.  i think hnidy will have limited icetime (7-10 min).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF...McQuaid can't play next game...Who's his replacement? : What kind of figure skating move was Richards doing that he felt the need to drag his leg behind him on that play?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Its called life preservation.  Did you think Richards wanted to get hit my the Mac Truck coming at him.  If Richards is that magically in fear he should have been a Navy Seal. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]Kaberle's been invisible on the PP.  I keep thinking "this is the series where that D to D pass from Kaberle to Chara for the bomb might work."  Useless against Price, but I have no doubt Chara could blow one through Bobby Boucher.  I think they've gone completely away from it, and even though it wasn't working, that was a quesiton of execution and not planning.  They must have about 8 looks on the PP, 8 set plays at least.  No need to keep reinventing the wheel - sometimes, you go back to the well and find water.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

that PP at the end of the second....kaberle looked really good

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

If the Sheriff is in (and playing limited minutes), it's even more imperative for the B's to step on the throat of the Flyers and take the series in 4 or 5 games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joemizz11. Show joemizz11's posts

They said McQuaid's Injury is not as bad as originally thought,  however they will probably not play him in game 3,   What about Bartowski ??   who is availiable on the current payoff roster ??   Kampfer is reportedly at least 1 week away

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from whitbomb. Show whitbomb's posts

Lets hope McQuaid is OK to come back he's played great with his toughness and showing no fear pinching in from the point at the right times he would be a big loss. If McQuaid is out for game 3 the Bruins should go with Hnidy he has playoff experence I don't want to see Kampfer out there in a 2-2 game half way through the 3rd period. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beorach. Show Beorach's posts

[QUOTE]Kaberle's been invisible on the PP.  I keep thinking "this is the series where that D to D pass from Kaberle to Chara for the bomb might work."  Useless against Price, but I have no doubt Chara could blow one through Bobby Boucher.  I think they've gone completely away from it, and even though it wasn't working, that was a quesiton of execution and not planning.  They must have about 8 looks on the PP, 8 set plays at least.  No need to keep reinventing the wheel - sometimes, you go back to the well and find water.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering why big Z hasn't been set up with more space to let it fly as well.  Here's hoping!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

gotta be hnidy, i would not use kampfer until next year. he had a concussion issue not all that long ago, and coming off a leg injury. no need for another set back with a young promising player- to the head or leg. not sold on hnidy, he made some pretty big gaffes in his recent starts. but limit his minutes, and get the matchups you want for him, hope it works out. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF...McQuaid can't play next game...Who's his replacement? : that PP at the end of the second....kaberle looked really good Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

Yes it did and me thinks once they get one clean one the PP will start clicking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Hnidy has "been there, done that", so you cant argue with calling him up.  This is JUST the situation they signed him for.  When its a last resort and youve really got no other options, you cant complain.  Id rather have Hnidy than Kampfer, and Kampfer is really the only other option, but do you want to insert him into a game like this?  Id rather see Hnidy play personally.  Seidenberg will play almost 30, Chara 26, Ference 24, Manchuk 24, Kaberle 20 and Hnidy 14.  He is solid in his own end and will punish guys on the boards.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IF...McQuaid can't play next game...Who's his replacement? : Its called life preservation.  Did you think Richards wanted to get hit my the Mac Truck coming at him.  If Richards is that magically in fear he should have been a Navy Seal. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Shupe, I've taught power skating for many years and just thought it looked very odd.I don't know what the "navy seal" buisiness has to do with anything.I get it.....you think Richards is the best player on both teams.We're no longer having that debate.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It's Hnidy apparently.  At least, as goodnews points out, this is a situation where they can protect him as much as possible.  He's only replacing McQuaid's minutes - just under 13 a game, about half what they had to replace when Chara was out.  Bruins have last change, so he shouldn't find himself out against Briere or JVR very often if ever.  And the staff likes Hnidy for one main reason - he takes direction really well.  So - Shane - if you find yourself out against the Flyer's top line, dump it out and get off. No offense. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...and while I'm here, McQuaid has looked like a more complete player in the playoffs.  He's trying to round out his game.  There are some consequences to that that you have to live with (no worse than Kaberle on the turnover front), and there are some reasons why you have him pull this out of his bag now (surprise!  McQuaid can pinch!  McQuaid can bomb!).  He's pinched well, he's used the body well, and he's passed as well as I can remember him passing.  Glad he's only day to day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

[QUOTE]McQuaid is going to be with them on the plane back.  A good sign. How about a bold coaching move by CJ?  Have Thornton play d and bring up Seguin. It would be a bold and daring move, really out of the box thinking.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

And not very bright!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Sherriff will add experience when we need it...so we don't have another
    3-0 3-0 uh oh

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

McQuaid shouldn't be a big loss, because he is the worst defender on the back line. Having said that Kaberle comes in and takes his shifts and mades 2 awful plays. Thomas saved one of them and Boychuk saved the other by sprawling and blocking the pass on a 2 on 1 break. While our defenders usually look a little shaky our forechecking has been stellar and is the main reason for the 2 wins in Philly.

Sections
Shortcuts