Iggy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Iggy

Iggy has been the best Bruin on the ice for some time now. Time to talk contract and get him signed. When the Bruins won the cup in 2011 they had 4 good lines and Ricchi. Iggy is better than him and we now have 4 good lines, the Bruins are a better team than 2011 and seem to getting better. Iggy is hungry and wants the cup and the Bruins are feeling his heat.

GO IGGY AND GO BRUINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Iggy

Iginla a great player and a perfect fit with the Bruins ..he will play a big role in this year's Stanley Cup ....without major player's injuries I dont see who else could win the Cup ...BRUINS have everything best D , best goalie, best offence , best coach, best fans ...what else can you dream about....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bruins will have about $9.5M to spend if the cap ends up between $71M-$72M. Carry over for Iginla's bonuses will be around what...$4.5M ?

RFAs: Krug, Bartkowski (maybe gone at the draft), Florek (might be 13th forward) $900K, Svedberg will get $1.1M around there and Thornton's replacement $1.5M. Trading McQuaid would only save $1.5M, I don't think Chiarelli trades Adam.

Would jettisoning Kelly's $3M help ?

How much should will Krug get ?

How much will Iginla's agent want ? for how long ?

EDIT:

"Jarome Iginla has already earned $3.7M of his $4.2M performance bonuses. Because he just hit 30 goals, he can now earn an additional ...2/2 $250K if the #Bruins win three playoff rounds and another $250K if they win the Stanley Cup.

That also means the #Bruins will be faced with a significantly reduced upper limit next season due to bonus overages."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Iggy has lots of money and wants to play for a contender.

He loves the Bruins and plays with great linemates.

Also the B's are not low balling him.

He will finish his career in Boston!!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Iggy has lots of money and wants to play for a contender.

He loves the Bruins and plays with great linemates.

Also the B's are not low balling him.

He will finish his career in Boston!!!!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I'd like to feel this way too. But, you should never underestimate the influence of the agent. The agent's job is to make sure their player gets as much $$ as possible - both for the player's best interest as well as for the agent's.

It does happen that a player tells his agent "sign the best deal with the team that you can, but make sure I stay here" but if the agent thinks he can get more $$ he'll be in the player's ear.

I'd like to see Iggy play out the string in Boston, he's a great fit and seems to enjoy it here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

He's a great fit and really raised the talent level of the Bruins.  A measurable improvement over Horton.  I'd love to see him back.

Moving Kelly is the obvious first move for next season.  I don't think the Bruins sign Iginla until the playoffs are over and a player is moved.  They don't want to be "pressured" into a trade by the cap when dealing with other teams.  Kelly's contract out of the way effectively makes Iginla's carry over moot.  The Bruins should be in a reasonable place to sign players like Iginla, Smith and Krug.

If more drastic steps are needed, you begin to look at Eriksson and/or Seidenberg as trade bait.  If Eriksson could bring back a cheaper, younger alternative 3rd line wing, you would have to look at that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

oh -anybody seen Ricchi - heh ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL! 

"I'm gonna keep comin back til someone remembers seeing Ricchi!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

From the other Boston Newpaper......Bruins & Iginla have a deal

Boston Herald
    Bruins fan may wonder, quite reasonably, why the B’s haven’t yet signed Jarome Iginla to a contract extension. The answer is: They would if they could, but they can’t.

Iginla — one of the hottest goal-scorers in the NHL, with 10 goals in the last 10 games — will become an unrestricted free agent this summer. Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli said yesterday he wants to keep the 36-year-old and has already had preliminary discussions on a new deal.

But nothing can be finalized now because of an NHL rule that, put simply, doesn’t allow teams to commit to future spending unless they have the future cap room freed up to cover it.

“It’s a function of cap space and ongoing multiple-year contracts,” Chiarelli said before his team’s 4-3 shootout win against the Flyers. “So it would have to wait ’til a minute after free agency begins (July 1). It’s an anti-inflationary thing. Basically it restricts you from going overboard on your future contracts. It prevents you from spending money you haven’t got.”

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LOL! 

"I'm gonna keep comin back til someone remembers seeing Ricchi!"

[/QUOTE]

yeh ...get em sticks  -   too funny

I will always try and catch that scene whenever it's on. Must have seen it 100 times ...my wife just rolls her eyes and walks way. Restaurant scene in Glimmer man is right behind it as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Just announced: League's First Star for the month of March.  Looking at Nyqvist's stats, you could have made a pretty good argument for Bergeron to be there, too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Was it Ricci?  The good looking one or the ugly one?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

"Theres only two things stopping you, fear and common sense"....says the guy who soon ate the white ball wrapped in a towel.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Was it Ricci?  The good looking one or the ugly one?

[/QUOTE]

The ugly one! That cleavage needs to go!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

NAS.  You realize ricci won sexist man in Colorado.  Something tells me fletch stuffed the ballot boxes.  

As for Mr. Iginla.  Yes please. Bring him back.  we have very few players in need of contracts.  Id save just enough to bring in robidas.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Feels like Iginla has been a Bruin all along for some reason. heard on the radio this morning that they are in contract talks with him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Feels like Iginla has been a Bruin all along for some reason. heard on the radio this morning that they are in contract talks with him.

Read above. The Boston Hearald says they have a deal and are waiting for July first to sign on the doted line

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nobody reads the Herald.

Depends on what Iginla does in the playoffs. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nobody reads the Herald.

Depends on what Iginla does in the playoffs. 

[/QUOTE]

I can't imagine it depends on what he does in the playoffs.  The guy has been a beast for most of the year.  They aren't going to dump their leading goal scorer if he doesn't have a great playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

If you're Sinden you might....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute if he doesn't do well in the playoffs ... they won't dump him.  That must mean they only dump 21 yr old s

[/QUOTE]

Gotta admit you are persistant :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:[QUOTE]

Depends on what Iginla does in the playoffs. [/QUOTE]

They aren't going to dump their leading goal scorer if he doesn't have a great playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Now there is an incentive plan to get a contract extension.

Go back to sleep.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. I feel cheated that it took this long. He is a perfect fit. Turns it over too much, but nevertheless...

However, saying he's been the best Bruin on the ice over the last several weeks is a bridge too far. Patrice Bergeron, who has been playing just about the best hockey of his career, gets that award.

Sections
Shortcuts