Iginla and the FACTS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Re: Iginla and the FACTS

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Iginla didn't "leave his home team".  His home team decided that they needed to get something for him because they were all kinds of awful and needed to kickstart the rebuild.  They booted him to the curb - how is that his fault?  He exercised his right to choose - had no reason to be "loyal" to the Bruins in that situation.  Now he's leaving Pitt because (wait for it) they don't want to sign him.  They don't have the cap sapce because they needed to address the need for another solid, stay at home defenseman more than they needed a declining veteran RW.

This is nothing like Kessel.  The Bruins wanted Kessel, but Kessel wanted a) to go elsewhere and b) to make more money than the Bruins were willing to pay him.  He signed an RFA deal to force the move.  He was a mentally weak prima dona.  He seems to be growing up, just in time to leave the Laffs for Columbus to play with Horton in football mad  anonymity. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

Did Kessel sign an offer sheet?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:

This is not a Kessel-comparable situation.  If anything, a better comparable would be to Bourque.  And like Bourque, Iggy will return to Calgary to see his number raised to the rafters.

or maybe Nathan Horton

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

I don't see many comparisons between Pooh and Iginla.

Nobody does NJ because it's stupid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

[QUOTE]

Iginla didn't "leave his home team".  His home team decided that they needed to get something for him because they were all kinds of awful and needed to kickstart the rebuild.  They booted him to the curb - how is that his fault?  He exercised his right to choose - had no reason to be "loyal" to the Bruins in that situation.  Now he's leaving Pitt because (wait for it) they don't want to sign him.  They don't have the cap sapce because they needed to address the need for another solid, stay at home defenseman more than they needed a declining veteran RW.

This is nothing like Kessel.  The Bruins wanted Kessel, but Kessel wanted a) to go elsewhere and b) to make more money than the Bruins were willing to pay him.  He signed an RFA deal to force the move.  He was a mentally weak prima dona.  He seems to be growing up, just in time to leave the Laffs for Columbus to play with Horton in football mad  anonymity. 

Are you not entertained?!?!

Did Kessel sign an offer sheet?

[/QUOTE]

No he didnt. Burke aqquired the pick that would enable him to sign Kessel to an offer sheet. He then made the trade with the Bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Iginla took the best decision of his long and successfull carreer....he wanted the cup and he will get it in 2014 ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I think theyre pretty obvious actually.  Pouliot went after DK, and Iginla slighted the Bs organization in a historic way.  Both incidents occured because of a lack of respect.  If you cant see the similarities than idn what to tell you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

Trade, deal, transfer, relocation, whatever.  Semantics.  Still not a fan of Iginla coming here.  It feels like the Pouliot thing.

Because Pouliot's failed "new team every season" career is remarkably similar to Iginla's Hall of Fame resume.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I think theyre pretty obvious actually.  Pouliot went after DK, and Iginla slighted the Bs organization in a historic way.  Both incidents occured because of a lack of respect.  If you cant see the similarities than idn what to tell you.

Sorry, I honestly can't see the similarities, and I mean that sincerely. Can you explain them to me because clearly you're seeing something that I'm not, including how Iggy slighted the B's - he slighted and screwed Jay Feaster, not the B's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

So let me get this straight, Pouliot had a scrap with Krejci and Iginla thought he had a better chance at a Cup with the Penguins and these two events are somehow comparable? How did you come to this conclusion? An Ouija board?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to red75's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sorry, I honestly can't see the similarities, and I mean that sincerely. Can you explain them to me because clearly you're seeing something that I'm not, including how Iggy slighted the B's - he slighted and screwed Jay Feaster, not the B's.

[/QUOTE]

I dunno, Jagr didn't exactly bring what Iginla could have brought.  Not to mention Iginla's younger and plays a Bruins style game.  Seems pretty obvious to me.

And on the business side of things, last time someone reniged on a deal/agreement I made with them I felt pretty disrespected.  Chiarelli had a deal.  A deal is frigen deal.  That means you honor it because it's your reputation and respect on the line in making that deal.  It's a trust thing.  And it seems Iginla had a lot to do with betraying that trust.

Is that clear enough for you red?

I don't like Iginla and probably never will.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Here is a FACT: I just put 2 more people on Ignore as a result of this asinine thread.

Luc Dufour was as tough as Nails.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I agree 100% with red....

Iginla just made the best decision of his carreer ....he wants a cup and he will get it in 2014

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020