Iginla and the over 35-crowd

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Iginla and the over 35-crowd

bostonfan, I thought his cap hit only went to that high if he hits his incentives?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Another thing to take into consideration with these players above...........cap hits. Iginla's cap hit is the least among these oldies.

I'd say the Bruin's are getting fair value for their investment.

St. Louis  $6.5M

Jagr         $2M

Hossa      $5.275M

Iginla       $1.8M

Elias         $5.5M

Alfredsson $3.5M

Datsyuk    $6.7M

Doan         $5.3M

Jokinen      $4.5M 

Zidlicky       $3.0M

his cap hit is 6 million. his base salary is 1.8

If he achieves all his bonuses.

no his cap hit is 6 no matter what. they can use the bonus cushion however. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Does wrangling also mean someone posting pics of themself ( during a person's midlife/macho man crisis mode ) to challenge any of the young pups ? 

I'm here to have an alternate viewpoint of some of the ridiculous opinions that goes on here. And there is plenty.

Don't like it or my straight forward approach ? Too F....ing bad. I will not join the conga line or sugar coat the stupidity of some any longer.

Saying ......what I feel, how I feel, in any manner I feel, to whom I feel ...........at any time I want to.

sometimes posts are made outta frustration, its a way to vent, yes im guilty of this and im also guilty of making a dumb comment or opinion.  so now you are gonna essentially chase all the regulars around and attempt to make them look stupid?   this is the new you?  you call me part of this click...do you realize that i argue with all of the regulars more then anyone here

for whats its worth im glad your back...have fun making BDC a better place. 

"I'm as mad as hell and i'm not going to take it anymore!!!"

They'll probably find him somewhere, wondering the streets muttering to himself. Let his anger keep him warm, it's all he has.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

I will take my chances with Iginla in the playoffs over Jagr,I don't care what anyone says Jagr was pathetic.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

I will take my chances with Iginla in the playoffs over Jagr,I don't care what anyone says Jagr was pathetic.

Jagr was a bad match from the start,case closed.When Iginla made his decision it left PC scrambling and JJ was what was left. Really poor fit and i couldn't care less how many regular season points he is putting up, he didn't get one bloody goal when the B's needed it,frustrating.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

In response to kitchener's comment:

Jagr was a bad match from the start,case closed.When Iginla made his decision it left PC scrambling and JJ was what was left. Really poor fit and i couldn't care less how many regular season points he is putting up, he didn't get one bloody goal when the B's needed it,frustrating.

Yes and a goal or two especially against Chcago might have won them the cup,can't see Iginla not scoring anything.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

his cap hit is 6 million. his base salary is 1.8

[/QUOTE]

http://www.capgeek.com/player/43

$1,800,000 2013-14 CAP HIT JAROME IGINLA RWBOSTON BRUINS$78,325,000 EARNINGS ON FILE

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

our sources conflict. and actually capgeek contradicts themselves with that posting. cap hits are calculated by factoring in all the bonuses. However, the team is allowed to exceed the upper limit by however much the bonuses are (i believe up to 7.5% of the upper limit)

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/BOS?year=2014

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

They'll probably find him somewhere, wondering the streets muttering to himself. Let his anger keep him warm, it's all he has

--------------------

Yes, it's all I have.

Ahhhh the good life. I wish I was 40ish and single again so I could have a bazillion bdc posts chalked up.

Now that's living !

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

They'll probably find him somewhere, wondering the streets muttering to himself. Let his anger keep him warm, it's all he has

--------------------

Yes, it's all I have.

Ahhhh the good life. I wish I was 40ish and single again so I could have a bazillion bdc posts chalked up.

Now that's living !

So you're *not* single? Are you counting your relationship with your inflatable Reilly Smith doll?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

--------------------

Yes, it's all I have.

Now that's living !

I think Sans older then that.  I think hes 90.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

--------------------

Yes, it's all I have.

Ahhhh the good life. I wish I was 40ish and single again

Now that's living !

You never had the good life, comes through in your posts. You went straight to old and miserable. Loving your internet tough guy mode.

Awesome entertainment!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Wrangling with Sandog over Iginla.  I simply gave my opinion of Iginla which was juxtaposed between both of your arguments.  I made mention of Recchi as a good comparison,  diminished skills but an excellent player to have on the team in other words.  As for the tough guy stuff, well, I can handle myself either intellectually or physically to any person in cyberspace and in reality.  Is that straight forward enough. 

In response to islamorada's comment:

Enough of the wrangling, 

Does wrangling also mean someone posting pics of themself ( during a person's midlife/macho man crisis mode ) to challenge any of the young pups ? 

I'm here to have an alternate viewpoint of some of the ridiculous opinions that goes on here. And there is plenty.

Don't like it or my straight forward approach ? Too F....ing bad. I will not join the conga line or sugar coat the stupidity of some any longer.

Saying ......what I feel, how I feel, in any manner I feel, to whom I feel ...........at any time I want to.

no his cap hit is 6 no matter what. they can use the bonus cushion however. 

[/QUOTE]

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/story/?id=427068&hubname=nhl-bruins

Iginla's contract is cap-friendly for the Bruins, counting just $1.8 million in 2013-14. If he achieves any or all of the $4.2 million in performance bonuses, that money counts in 2014-15.

In response to Uncle-Salty's comment

So you're *not* single? Are you counting your relationship with your inflatable Reilly Smith doll?

[/QUOTE]

Don't have a Reilly Smith inflatable doll. 

That would make my Claude Julien doll jealous.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ah, good - a chance to talk about the bonus cushion.

There are actually three numbers that matter with Iginla - base salary, 14-15 Cap Hit, and bonuses.  Base salary is $1.8, and the bonuses are $4.2.  Bonuses can carry over to the bonus cushion, but it's not automatic.  At the end of the year, if Iginla hits all his bonuses and the Bruins have the cap space to cover them, they'd be applied to this year.  The fuzzy bit is his cap hit.  For the purposes of planning - so, what the Bruins are allowed to do without exceeding the cap.  I haven't gone to double check this details on this, but the broad outline is true.  The Bruins have to count part of Iginla's bonus pay as regular cap hit for planning purposes, so his actual cap hit is around $3.75M of the projected $6M cap hit.  I think the reason for this has something to do with a control on what the Bruins did - give him a crazy low base salary and a ton of bonuses to make his $6M salary fit under the cap. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

our sources conflict. and actually capgeek contradicts themselves with that posting. cap hits are calculated by factoring in all the bonuses. However, the team is allowed to exceed the upper limit by however much the bonuses are (i believe up to 7.5% of the upper limit)

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/BOS?year=2014

but they don't count now.  As it stands his cap hit is 1.8M .  At the end of the season is where either the Bruins absorb the bonuses (depending if they go over the cap including the bonuses) or get fined.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Ah, good - a chance to talk about the bonus cushion.

There are actually three numbers that matter with Iginla - base salary, 14-15 Cap Hit, and bonuses.  Base salary is $1.8, and the bonuses are $4.2.  Bonuses can carry over to the bonus cushion, but it's not automatic.  At the end of the year, if Iginla hits all his bonuses and the Bruins have the cap space to cover them, they'd be applied to this year.  The fuzzy bit is his cap hit.  For the purposes of planning - so, what the Bruins are allowed to do without exceeding the cap.  I haven't gone to double check this details on this, but the broad outline is true.  The Bruins have to count part of Iginla's bonus pay as regular cap hit for planning purposes, so his actual cap hit is around $3.75M of the projected $6M cap hit.  I think the reason for this has something to do with a control on what the Bruins did - give him a crazy low base salary and a ton of bonuses to make his $6M salary fit under the cap. 

and then Books draws the picture.  There you have it !

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

they do count though. it's in the CBA, i'll take a look and see if i can track it down. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Just got to this thread...  

You're all stupid.

There.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

In response to Uncle-Salty's comment

Don't have a Reilly Smith inflatable doll. 

That would make my Claude Julien doll jealous.

HAHA! I just saw this and almost choked on my coffee.

•  

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Just got to this thread...  

You're all stupid.

There.

A neutral answer in a hardee har kind of way.

The old Fletch called them as he saw them.

• Sections
    Shortcuts