iginla, bonus clauses, salary cap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from suffolkowner. Show suffolkowner's posts

iginla, bonus clauses, salary cap

A good article from the hockey news

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ageless-iginla-faces-uncertain-future-with-bruins/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: iginla, bonus clauses, salary cap

I guess my talk show person knew his stuff, aproximately 6 million.  It was a different thread.  Who cares if a player is good enough then he is worth keeping.  Recchi anyone?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

dump kelly in the off season for a 2nd or 3rd and none of this is a problem. also, i think 3 million a piece for krug and smith is the top end they'll get. so 5 million for iginla shouldn't be a problem. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The sun comes up in the east and Iginla scores at least 30 goals.  He's shown no sign at all of slowing down.  I know the 35+ contract is bad news, but whatever.  Sign the guy to three years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

When the Bruins won the cup they had 4 lines rolling and a guy like Recchi helped us alot. Iggy is better than Recchi and can score more with the same kind of heart. Sign Iggy and we will not regret it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Iginla+ Bruins = match

Seriously, it's just a match. Perfect fit for him is on a line with Krejci and Lucic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Yep. Depending on play off performance I hope Ignila signs for at least two years.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think he'll stick around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Great player, hope they can keep him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Iginla+ Bruins = match

Seriously, it's just a match. Perfect fit for him is on a line with Krejci and Lucic.

My exact thoughts also.

Not to start anything...............( oh heck why not ) but I still shake my head regarding prior comments made about him.

How does one not like the way he has played for the Bruins ? The spoked B looks good on him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Did big game play last night ?

I was hoping for an empty netter. How many more times do the Bs play Florida ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I think he stays, i dont think money is the problem with him, i beleive he knows this place is his best chance of winning a cup.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Yep, I think he'll stick around. Especially since the B's gave him a second chance after he dissed them for the pens. He has to be enjoying hockey right now and probably moreso now than any point in his career. He's playing great and playing for a great team that can more than make it back to the SC playoffs. It would be dissappointing for him to leave at his age to any other team. It would all be about money, because we know the B's have the best chance of winning the cup, next to the Blackhawks. I could very well see it, being another B's vs Blackhawks SC finals again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

STL .732  
    SJS  .697    
    ANA .693   
    PIT  .688   
    CHI  .683   
    COL .682   
    TBL  .607  
    LAK  .600   
    MTL .585   
    TOR .563   
    DET .558   
    CBJ  .557    
    WSH.542  
    NYR .563   

6 goals, 15 points in 35 games against these teams. Waiting to see what Iginla does in the playoffs before he gets a 3 year contract extension.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The point of the article is not that the Bruins wouldn't want to sign Iginla.  All of SanDog's stats aside - and I didn't like the pattern when it was Kessel, so I have to give it a bit of an eye with Elvis, too - they'll be hard pressed to find a better player for that spot that Elvis.  They won't find a better fit who works for them under the Cap - just isn't going to happen.  And to fit Elvis under the cap, he's going to need to sign a one year deal with a lot of bonus money.  The 10 games played bonus = cap circumvention if there ever was such a thing.  But it's in the rules, so it's within the rules, so use it.  The NHL wouldn't have stinted to apply the 35+ rule in Thomas's case just because he was a flake and went home to the bunker for a year.

Sign him for 3 years for about $15M and you have to lose other pieces.  More than just Kelly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

The point of the article is not that the Bruins wouldn't want to sign Iginla.  All of SanDog's stats aside - and I didn't like the pattern when it was Kessel, so I have to give it a bit of an eye with Elvis, too - they'll be hard pressed to find a better player for that spot that Elvis.  They won't find a better fit who works for them under the Cap - just isn't going to happen.  And to fit Elvis under the cap, he's going to need to sign a one year deal with a lot of bonus money.  The 10 games played bonus = cap circumvention if there ever was such a thing.  But it's in the rules, so it's within the rules, so use it.  The NHL wouldn't have stinted to apply the 35+ rule in Thomas's case just because he was a flake and went home to the bunker for a year.

Sign him for 3 years for about $15M and you have to lose other pieces.  More than just Kelly.

Totaly agree! Everyone seems to be glossing over the part of the artical, that explains about the LTR money  being being only available for a one-year deal.

There is ZERO chance Boston can sign Iginla to a multi-year deal, without moving one of their core players.

Not only do they have to re-sign Krug, Smith, and Bartkowski, there is also an extra 2.69M increase on the new deals for Bergeron, Seidenberg, and Miller, that kick in next season.

Also, in two years, Soderberg becomes a UFA, and they are going to have to find the money to keep him, because it looks like he will be in for a big raise, over the 1M he makes now.

Chiarelli is going to have to make some tough decisions over the next couple of years.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

STL .732  
    SJS  .697    
    ANA .693   
    PIT  .688   
    CHI  .683   
    COL .682   
    TBL  .607  
    LAK  .600   
    MTL .585   
    TOR .563   
    DET .558   
    CBJ  .557    
    WSH.542  
    NYR .563   

6 goals, 15 points in 35 games against these teams. Waiting to see what Iginla does in the playoffs before he gets a 3 year contract extension.

Where's Philly ? .587........ hee hee !

C'mon we've been through this already. Throw in Philly which you conveniently omitted and compare Iginla's numbers to Krejci's and Lucic's and you'll see they're about the same or better.

Isn't that why those teams have good winning percentages............because they shut the opposition down including good players like ( 46, 12 , 17 ) ? 

You thinking those numbers should be elevated is something that needs a bit more thinking to it...............like they are winning teams for a reason............they shut down the opposition.  

P.S. And a big sorry goes out to Red for once again ruining your bdc experience by not agreeing with this. pffffft !

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Where's Philly ? .587........ hee hee !

C'mon we've been through this already. Throw in Philly which you conveniently omitted and compare Iginla's numbers to Krejci's and Lucic's and you'll see they're about the same or better.

Isn't that why those teams have good winning percentages............because they shut the opposition down including good players like ( 46, 12 , 17 ) ? 

You thinking those numbers should be elevated is something that needs a bit more thinking to it...............like they are winning teams for a reason............they shut down the opposition. 

Ok 8 goals, 19 points in 36 games.

Do I think that Iginla can and will play better against teams that are better, quicker, faster, stronger defenseman and much sharper goaltending ?

Of course I do but i'm being asked today if I think PC should give Iginla the extension. The answer is NO because I am seeing things I don't like from Jarome against the better teams.

I don't really think i'm asking for more from a great player. Remember great players make their linemates better. Colorado's top line blew by Iginla like he wasn't even there in both games this season.

Sorry but this opinion doesn't constitute hate.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

I think he stays, i dont think money is the problem with him, i beleive he knows this place is his best chance of winning a cup.

After the Bruins win the cup this year he will go back to Calgary,so what he gets payed by Calgary doesn't concern me.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

After the Bruins win the cup this year he will go back to Calgary,so what he gets payed by Calgary doesn't concern me.

He sold his house in Calgary. He's done there & won't be back. He may sign a 1day deal so he can retire a Flame, but that's about it. From what I hear Iginla's family is loving Boston. I'll be shocked if he left. I'll be more shocked if the B's let him go. To find someone to fill that role & produce 60 pts? There's players that do so much less that get paid so much more. PC finds a way for Iginla to stay. Sandog? You're out to lunch if you think the Bruins would find someone better to fit on that line for less money! 

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

He sold his house in Calgary. He's done there & won't be back. He may sign a 1day deal so he can retire a Flame, but that's about it. From what I hear Iginla's family is loving Boston. I'll be shocked if he left. I'll be more shocked if the B's let him go. To find someone to fill that role & produce 60 pts? There's players that do so much less that get paid so much more. PC finds a way for Iginla to stay. Sandog? You're out to lunch if you think the Bruins would find someone better to fit on that line for less money! 

Hey if he wants to stay after Bruins win the cup,I don't have a problem with it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Hey if he wants to stay after Bruins win the cup,I don't have a problem with it.

So you think he'll retire if he wins the cup? 

I don't know I guess 36 might be to young,but that is why he left Calgary,so just hoping we will find out after he wins it this season.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know I guess 36 might be to young,but that is why he left Calgary,so just hoping we will find out after he wins it this season.

[/QUOTE]

I'll drink to that. Cheers!!

• Sections
    Shortcuts