iginla, bonus clauses, salary cap

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandShore. Show OrrandShore's posts

Re: iginla, bonus clauses, salary cap

Here we go again.  If memory serves me correctly, Iginla was one of the players who did not want to play for the Bruins. So, this put him in a class with Kessel, Horton and several others who are always criticized for everything in this forum.   But, this forum seems to love Iginla which again, brings to mind the word "hypocrites?"   

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Sorry but this opinion doesn't constitute hate.

[/QUOTE]

Okay, this opinion doesn't constitute hate. At least that's what you say . But you keep bringing up stats that show what he's done/hasn't done against good teams.

Not having successs against better teams ? Isn't this league wide thing ? Singling out Iginla as someone who doesn't have success does seem to be vendetta driven when he's basically at the top of the Bruins point chart against these types of teams. 

Maybe you could show some examples of similar players like Iginla that are doing that much better against the top teams.

And hey how about that tying goal last night. Started by Iginla at the Bruins blueline and finished by him in front of the Coyotes net. And on the ice protecting a lead to get the empty netter. But of course, they don't make your list of top teams.

So it means very little.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Not having successs against better teams ? Isn't this league wide thing ? Singling out Iginla as someone who doesn't have success does seem to be vendetta driven when he's basically at the top of the Bruins point chart against these types of teams."

In relation to the Bruins resigning Iginla I think his play against these teams do need to be considered. I'm also seeing what he does away from the puck that i'm not impressed with when he is playing teams that are near the top. If Iginla is going to have bonus money count against the cap he needs to perform well in big games.

Lucic and Krejci earn there keep in the playoffs. Iginla and Lucic are not the same type of wingers, Iginla is more of a pure scorer. Iginla has earned his keep during the playoffs in the past. I'm not seeing that from Jarome right now. My success barometer must be very different.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In relation to the Bruins resigning Iginla I think his play against these teams do need to be considered. I'm also seeing what he does away from the puck that i'm not impressed with when he is playing teams that are near the top. If Iginla is going to have bonus money count against the cap he needs to perform well in big games.

Lucic and Krejci earn there keep in the playoffs. Iginla and Lucic are not the same type of wingers, Iginla is more of a pure scorer. Iginla has earned his keep during the playoffs in the past. I'm not seeing that from Jarome right now. My success barometer must be very different.

[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with this at all. Don't even know why you would say this ?

His speed isn't what it used to be but he's a very smart reliable player without the puck. I'm very impressed with this part of his play as a Bruin.

He plays a complete game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

If we win the Cup, he'll do what's instinctual for him and look for the next best deal - 3 years, 18m retirement fund.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Iggy has started slow his entire career.  Hes a true pro and a hof player.  He will lead the team in goals.  Is a perfect player for this team.  No one can stop him at the moment.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE]

I'm also seeing what he does away from the puck that i'm not impressed with when he is playing teams that are near the top. If Iginla is going to have bonus money count against the cap he needs to perform well in big games.

Iginla is more of a pure scorer. Iginla has earned his keep during the playoffs in the past. I'm not seeing that from Jarome right now. My success barometer must be very different. [/QUOTE]

His speed isn't what it used to be but he's a very smart reliable player without the puck.

He plays a complete game. [/QUOTE]

Not against the better teams in the league. Again, holding off on jettisoning salary to keep Iginla next year. Never disputed whether Iginla was smart but he deserves some criticism.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:[QUOTE]

I'm also seeing what he does away from the puck that i'm not impressed with when he is playing teams that are near the top. If Iginla is going to have bonus money count against the cap he needs to perform well in big games.

Iginla is more of a pure scorer. Iginla has earned his keep during the playoffs in the past. I'm not seeing that from Jarome right now. My success barometer must be very different. [/QUOTE]

His speed isn't what it used to be but he's a very smart reliable player without the puck.

He plays a complete game. [/QUOTE]

Not against the better teams in the league. Again, holding off on jettisoning salary to keep Iginla next year. Never disputed whether Iginla was smart but he deserves some criticism.

[/QUOTE]

The guy is leading the team in goals scored and the first line is playing brilliantly, "but he deserves some criticism". I don't get it. Why does he deserve any criticism at all? Can't we just be elated with how well he and the Bruins are playing at the moment and not be critical of a player who has met and exceeded every expectation of Bruins' fans this year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Not against the better teams in the league. 

[/QUOTE]

I think it's you against the world with this thought and opinion. I haven't seen this or it suggested anywhere.

Good luck with finding anyone else seeing it the way you do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to OrrandShore's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here we go again.  If memory serves me correctly, Iginla was one of the players who did not want to play for the Bruins. So, this put him in a class with Kessel, Horton and several others who are always criticized for everything in this forum.   But, this forum seems to love Iginla which again, brings to mind the word "hypocrites?"   

[/QUOTE]

I was one who hated him when he didn't come to Boston,but at the time he figured Pitts had a better chance to win the cup,so am ok with forgiving him,he has had a very good season with Bruins,actually done better than I thought he would.Now we will see what he does in the play offs,thats when I will make my judgement off him.A cup will definetly make me forgive and forget,I will love him.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

This isn't the only forum discussing the Bruins. Not even close to being the only one that thinks this way about Iginla. Some limited brains can only handle one discussion board at a time. 

Never take a suggestion from a stinkin troll...ever.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]

This isn't the only forum discussing the Bruins. Not even close to being the only one that thinks this way about Iginla. Some limited brains can only handle one discussion board at a time. 

Never take a suggestion from a stinkin troll...ever.  

[/QUOTE]
    What's with the hatred of Iginla is this still over him not comming to Bruins last year,get over it he's a Bruin now and I for one hope he helps us win another cup.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Sheer lunacy to be questioning Jarome Iginla. This is almost as bad as Stanley going on about Blake Wheeler. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

He will be back!

The money won't be an issue for either side.

He has made loads of money and a chance to win is everything.

Plus Lucic and Krecji are probably his best linemates ever.

Sections
Shortcuts