Iginla can't get the grin off his face.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Iginla can't get the grin off his face.

In response to originalcallodthedom's comment:

And hit he was so pro-Calgary one would think he'd want them to get the best deal for him right? No he's a selfish hockey player. They all are. 

Yup.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Re: Iginla can't get the grin off his face.

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to Drewski5's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Isn't that kind of the point of having a NMC, though?

Its the U turn that bugged me.  Dont agree to a list and then change your mind.  

This is exactly what aggravates me and I still don't understand it, although it sounds like that baffoon Feaster is mostly responsible.  Here is how things were laid out according to everything I've seen today.

-Iginla approved a very short list of teams he would go to, including LA, Boston, and Pittsburgh (should have been the end of his involvement).

-Feaster received offers from LA, Boston, and Pittsburgh.

-Feaster deemed Boston's offer to be the best one for the Flames and agreed (on some level) to the deal.

End of story right?  No...

-Feaster went back to Iginla and said, 'hey jerome, which team do you like best?"

It's absurd.  He works for the Flames and should be getting the best offer for them.  There is no reason for a GM to review the offers on the table with the player.  He should have told Iginla that the Bruins offer was not matched by the other teams, the Bruins were on Iginla's approved list, and that's it.  The notion of a GM making a deal and then letting the player review the details for final approval is crazy.  Especially when Iginla already had the opportunity to choose his teams.  Feaster is a clown. 

Well said , FLetch.

Sections
Shortcuts