Iginla heating up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Iginla heating up

I see Jarome is getting ready for the playoffs and putting up some good numbers down the stretch which is great to see,i would expect nothing less in the playoffs.As far as Iginla's salary goes can someone explain how his bonuses work towards the cap? It might have been explained here before but i missed it.I read somewhere that Iggy has achieved all his bonuses except for 30 gls,which he still might get,if he does he stands to earn $6 mil.His base salary is $1.8 mil according to capgeek.Does the bonus money go on next years cap?Anyway glad to see him play well & i hope PC signs him to another 2 yr deal,he fits right in with the 1st line.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Iginla heating up

I think re-signing El Busto will have a lot to do with how he and the Bruins perform in the playoffs. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think re-signing El Busto will have a lot to do with how he and the Bruins perform in the playoffs. 

[/QUOTE]

Hahaha........yes i think your right.I think if the B's don't go far in the playoffs it won't be "El Busto's" fault.He's still playing at a high level and likes playing for the B's,a good fit as far as i'm concerned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

His board work, one on one battles and no more off-balance-wrist-shots from the top of the face-off circle is why I see Big Times improvement. Iginla is also reading Lucic much better. Before he wasn't realizing when Milan was heading to the high slot and if he should remain as an outlet for Krejci. Krejci's life has become easier now that his wing-nuts are in sync.

I want to see Big Games play in the playoffs before he is re-signed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

His board work, one on one battles and no more off-balance-wrist-shots from the top of the face-off circle is why I see Big Times improvement. Iginla is also reading Lucic much better. Before he wasn't realizing when Milan was heading to the high slot and if he should remain as an outlet for Krejci. Krejci's life has become easier now that his wing-nuts are in sync.

[/QUOTE]

Perfectly said.

Should they go far in the playoffs, and he contributes, i hope he looks around the league after and sees what a good fit he is on this line and team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because maybe Iginla disappears when the heat is on.

Tyler Seguin is the Highlander.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

A lot will depend on the playoffs, but I will be very surprised if they don't at least offer Elvis another deal similar to this one.  The biggest reason is his age, which comes back to 50s question.

As I recall, the way the bonuses work for 35+ players is that a team can have bonus clauses (for both 35+ and EL players only) that, if paid, would push the total salary paid for the season over the Cap.  The amount by which they exceed the cap as a result of bonuses is then applied to the following year.  It's going to be tricky for the Bruins this year because Krug will also hit a few bonus clauses I should think.  Hamilton may also have a games clause.  The cushion is only about $4.7M, and those three have up to $5.6M in play, so the Bruins would need to stay at about a milion under the Cap to fit under the cusion.  So bascially, Iginla's impact on this year's Cap is about $2.8M.  Short of a guy on an EL deal, it's pretty hard to find the value Iginla brings for $2.8M. There are a few guys in the $3M range who you could see as worthwhile or better - Dustin Brown, Logan Couture, Moulson - but the only one of those guys available in FA is Moulson and he won't be in the $3M range.

As with Recchi, Chiarelli uses the bonus provisions of 35+ deals to get max value, much like you get when a guy on an EL deal like Smith suddenly plays well above his pay grade.  That more than anything else might mean more Iginla next year, and I'm pretty much okay with that.  His stick is the right length.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Glad for Jarome. He has the system down pat, now. Let's see how he does in the playoffs and we'll take it from there.

One thing is for sure, anyone can play with Lucic and Krejci. If Jarome makes it to 2014-15 with the Bruins, fine; if not whomever they slot in there at right wing will have a great year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Thanks for the explanation Book,as said Jarome seems good value at $2.8 mil.I also agree alot could depend on this years playoffs and how far the B's go.Another factor is Elvis might not want to go the bonus laden contract again and might want more up front.If this is the case then PC might want to go in another direction.If the B's make a good run,ECF at least,then i think PC will attempt to sign Iginla again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I'm glad to see Iggy doing better.  Hope he keeps it up.  Still, not a terribly creative guy, and one who gives up the puck too often.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't agreeing with your Igilna analyst earlier in the season Sandog, but right now it's clear that you had valid points. I see Iginla & Lucic trading positions as far who's in the slot, who's in front of the net, who's behind it. I think when you have 2 wingers that play a similar style it can get confusing, but as of right now there's no confusion. The KIL line has been exactly that in the last 4 games they've got a combined 15 pts & an amazing plus 16! No line in the NHL is close to this. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I hope Smith follows his lead...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:[QUOTE]

I want to see Big Games play in the playoffs before he is re-signed.[/QUOTE]

I see Iginla & Lucic trading positions as far who's in the slot, who's in front of the net, who's behind it. I think when you have 2 wingers that play a similar style it can get confusing, but as of right now there's no confusion. The KIL line has been exactly that in the last 4 games they've got a combined 15 pts & an amazing plus 16! No line in the NHL is close to this. [/QUOTE]

None!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

I see Iginla & Lucic trading positions as far who's in the slot, who's in front of the net, who's behind it. I think when you have 2 wingers that play a similar style it can get confusing, but as of right now there's no confusion. The KIL line has been exactly that in the last 4 games they've got a combined 15 pts & an amazing plus 16! No line in the NHL is close to this. [/QUOTE]

None!

[/QUOTE]

Sandog,off topic but i notice you had said you went to the Lerf/King game the other night.I watched the game and saw that Dustin Brown had just over 2 mins of icetime in the third period and i think 12 mins overall,then he doesn't play in last nights Duck game.Just wondering is he nursing an injury or in Sutters doghouse? You living out there i thoughtyou might have an ear to the ground.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

None!

[/QUOTE]

Sandog,off topic but i notice you had said you went to the Lerf/King game the other night.I watched the game and saw that Dustin Brown had just over 2 mins of icetime in the third period and i think 12 mins overall,then he doesn't play in last nights Duck game.Just wondering is he nursing an injury or in Sutters doghouse? You living out there i thoughtyou might have an ear to the ground.

[/QUOTE]

He's got that flu that's been going around. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

None!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's got that flu that's been going around. 

[/QUOTE]

Ok,so it must have started during the Lerf game because as i said he didn't get much ice time in the third.Thanks Nite.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah kinda murky "illiness" to "lower body injury", 50. Brown's scoring down and just signed a big extension. How many times did I want Julien to bench Ryder during the 2010 and 2011 season's ?

I like Darryl Sutter a lot and I understand his frustration with Brown. Dustin takes himself out of plays sometimes looking for that big hit, holds the puck to long sometimes and hasn't been igniting his line like he used too. The Lerfs game Carter, Richards, Toffoli, Kopitar, Gaborik and Williams were creating all the offense so I understood why they got the late TOI.

The LA hockey media is very protective of Brown because he is an absolute fan favorite and they know how much Sutter despises the media knit picking so they pick more. In the end Brown will awaken during a long playoff run for the Kings... a long run.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In the end Brown will awaken during a long playoff run for the Kings... a long run.

[/QUOTE]

I think they will too,they are locked in to meet either Anaheim or San Jose in the first round and i think they can beat either one.I think they will make it to the WCF anyway.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Love him.  Thrilled hes on this team.   He still has plenty in the tank.  Pitt did not use him properly.  Hes on our top line.   hes mr consistant, the playoffs will be more of the same with a lot more nasty.  He's awesome!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Love him.  Thrilled hes on this team.   He still has plenty in the tank.  Pitt did not use him properly.  Hes on our top line.   hes mr consistant, the playoffs will be more of the same with a lot more nasty.  He's awesome!

[/QUOTE]

Shupe,are you Iggy's agent?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Can't wait to see him bring up a few notches in the playoffs.

Highlander LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shupe,are you Iggy's agent?

[/QUOTE]

Big fan.  To do whats hes done in the NHL with very little surrounding him is amazing.  Hes a classy player who deserves a cup.  Take it to the bank he will not have an off night in any playoff game and will be a star in most of our 16 wins.   The year he took calgary on his shoulders and fought big guys in games they lost to set the tone for the next game is exactly what we will see.  He knows this is his last chance.  he will hit, score, fight...whatever it takes to win.  teams like edmonton and detroit always brought in guys in similar spots.  It will motivate guys like chara, bergie lucic etc to win for him.  They will see him out there dying for his chance to grab the cup.  Chara will pass the cup to Iggy and another hockey story will be in hockey history.  

I love Iggy

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[/QUOTE]

Big fan.  To do whats hes done in the NHL with very little surrounding him is amazing.  Hes a classy player who deserves a cup.  Take it to the bank he will not have an off night in any playoff game and will be a star in most of our 16 wins.   The year he took calgary on his shoulders and fought big guys in games they lost to set the tone for the next game is exactly what we will see.  He knows this is his last chance.  he will hit, score, fight...whatever it takes to win.  teams like edmonton and detroit always brought in guys in similar spots.  It will motivate guys like chara, bergie lucic etc to win for him.  They will see him out there dying for his chance to grab the cup.  Chara will pass the cup to Iggy and another hockey story will be in hockey history.  

I love Iggy

[/QUOTE]

Great post! Agree totally on the Ray bourque scenario.The "win one for the Igster" chant will be heard far and wide and as much as all the Bruin players want to win,the extra motivation they get from helping Jarome to get his name on the Cup can not be underestimated. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I love Iggy

[/QUOTE]

Great post! Agree totally on the Ray bourque scenario.The "win one for the Igster" chant will be heard far and wide and as much as all the Bruin players want to win,the extra motivation they get from helping Jarome to get his name on the Cup can not be underestimated. 

[/QUOTE]

Iggy will get his cup, Rask will win Conn, our young defense will shine and ST will have 3 Rings.  Write that down!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I don't know the Cap numbers but I heard the Cap figure on talk radio to be around 6million.  If the Bs win the Cup it does not matter what the carry over may be.  Igninla needs to show his true colors in the second season where the games won are more important than points, salary, Cap and individual stats.