Iginla heating up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Re: Iginla heating up

So glad we finally got this guy in a Bruins uniform. Just goes about his business and puts pucks in the net. Class act. 30+ goals for soooooooooooo many seasons.

He deserves a Cup. Here's hoping this is the year he celebrates his first!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Heating up, to me, doesnt usually mean open net goals.  He's been ok.  But I still say he's no Horton.  We'll see.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

And when was his last fight?  I notice he hasn't done that in a while.

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe he's fought since he broke his finger in the Kesler fight which was back in Dec before Christmas. But what a dandy between Lucic & Clowe! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Iggy will lead the team in goals.  Said it from day one.  I love iggy.  

ps.  Bet iggy fights in the playoffs.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Heating up, to me, doesnt usually mean open net goals.  He's been ok.  But I still say he's no Horton.  We'll see.

[/QUOTE]

He's no Horton is an understatment.  This guy actually has a pulse.  Also, he's a future HOFer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's no Horton is an understatment.  This guy actually has a pulse.  Also, he's a future HOFer.

[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I think Iginla does everything Horton does but better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Me too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd say, more consistently. Horton could be a beast in spurts, then Mr. Invisible for long stretches. I've really liked Iginla's game from the beginning, even when he wasn't scoring. I couldn't believe he went to the Pens last year to play out of position with a bunch of crybabies and wimps. They totally didn't fit his game or persona, and I think his signing with the B's this season was Iggy's way of saying "my bad."

You can just see opposing teams start to sweat/cry when that line is on the ice... "oh God, this is going to hurt!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but can't take away the stuff Horton did in the 2011 run. That was amazing. Let's hope Iggy can do something similar in the playoffs this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Iginla is a better overall player than Horton, but he does not have as many big goals on his resume as Horton. Hopefully with Iginla on a competitive team now, that changes. Still appreciate Horton for what he did here in the playoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He has 3 empty netter's out of his 26. This is why this idiot is on my ignore list! At least do some research before you say something stupid! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but can't take away the stuff Horton did in the 2011 run. That was amazing. Let's hope Iggy can do something similar in the playoffs this year.

[/QUOTE]

Or last year either. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Iginla is a better overall player than Horton, but he does not have as many big goals on his resume as Horton. Hopefully with Iginla on a competitive team now, that changes. Still appreciate Horton for what he did here in the playoffs.

He hasn't had a lot of opportunities for the big goals, but oddly when he's had the opportunity in big moments, it's been his set-ups that have gotten the job done - his series clinching assist in OT against Detroit, his OT set-up against the Bolts in game 5, his golden pass to Crosby in OT. The Flames never gave him many opportunities for big moments, but when he's had the chance he's been able to find the open man.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He hasn't had a lot of opportunities for the big goals, but oddly when he's had the opportunity in big moments, it's been his set-ups that have gotten the job done - his series clinching assist in OT against Detroit, his OT set-up against the Bolts in game 5, his golden pass to Crosby in OT. The Flames never gave him many opportunities for big moments, but when he's had the chance he's been able to find the open man.

[/QUOTE]

You're fogetting his 02' performance which is when he really showed what kind of player he was going to be. That was sort of his "coming out" party like Mario's was in 87'.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Or last year either. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and with an obviously bad shoulder and maybe a little more concussion shy. Will be interesting to see how he finishes this year (and next) with Columbus after coming back from that surgery.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:[QUOTE] Heating up, to me, doesnt usually mean open net goals.  He's been ok.  But I still say he's no Horton.  We'll see. [/QUOTE]

He's no Horton is an understatment.  This guy actually has a pulse.  Also, he's a future HOFer. [/QUOTE]

How was Horton's pulse during the 2011 Canadien series ?

Two OT goals in that series not enough ?

How about Nathan's game 7 winning goal against the Lightning ?

Horton has a ring and was a big reason why the Bruins even got out of the 1st round in 2011. What would I rather have - a SC ring or a bust and a plaque at the HHOF ?

I'd take the ring and a big fat contract in Columbus all day long.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How was Horton's pulse during the 2011 Canadien series ?

Two OT goals in that series not enough ?

How about Nathan's game 7 winning goal against the Lightning ?

Horton has a ring and was a big reason why the Bruins even got out of the 1st round in 2011. [/QUOTE]

No question Nathan Horton was huge for the Bruins when they needed him in the 2011 SC run and he deserves all the accolades he received.Good for him to get a nice contract from Columbus and i hope he's happy.As for this years playoffs i hope Iginla has the same results or better and helps lead the B's to another Cup.Jarome gets his Cup and all B's fans are happy again! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NBbruinsfan. Show NBbruinsfan's posts

Iggy fits the Bruins system like a glove. He is just what the Doctor ordered. He wants a cup bad and he is in the best position to be one of the leaders to get one. I think he has already proven to be a keeper for us. He should sign a Cap Friendly contract that both sides can live with like say 3Y @4M CH. That being said he should be at the best he can be with the Olympic rest he had an ideal line mates for his game.

Horton was a big time playoff performer we can only hope Iggy matches his play. They way I see it he has the makeup and surroundings to be great for us in the playoffs.

Last year the Pens did not use him right. He performed well with them but come playoff time the Pens got some players back and changed up his line and gave him a role that didn't work. Iggy has the makeup, the motivation and the teammates to make a deep run like he has never had before. Playing with 2 time playoff point leader doesn't hurt either. He will not disappoint.