Iginla hopes to remain with the Bruins longer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Iginla hopes to remain with the Bruins longer

Qccording to a French TV network in Montreal ..link :

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/lnh/iginla-espere-rester-avec-les-bruins-6082013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Iginla hopes to remain with the Bruins longer

And in English 

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=19393

Thanks for the link Stanley - but tracked down an English version since I don't know how many other posters here can read French.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i'd like to see that too....

think Iggy still has a few 30-goal seasons left in him....

ā€œPeople think common sense is common - but it's not.ā€

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to red75's comment:

And in English 

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=19393

Thanks for the link Stanley - but tracked down an English version since I don't know how many other posters here can read French.

I didnt see it anywhere else...sorry

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

No worries Stan, I hadn't seen it until you posted it either - I just did a quick look after I read your link to see if I could find it en anglais. I don't know if there's many on here aside from us - maybe shupe? - who are fluent in French, but I wouldn't have known to look for it if you hadn't posted your link.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

J'ai perdu l'aisance que j'avais auparavant, mais je comprend TVA....

Are you not entertained?!?!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

J'ai perdu l'aisance que j'avais auparavant, mais je comprend TVA....

So's your mother!!!

(But yeah, it really is a case of "if you don't use it you lose it" Book. I stumble for words a lot more than I used to. I watch RDS rather than TVA, as I don't get it out here.)

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

I read it somewhere as well. If he can put up some realistic numbers, I am sure the bruins brass will sign him on a little longer. He is strictly a year  to year thing.  I do like Iginla even though I did curse him when on the pens during that mess near the trade line. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Stanjon, I didn't respond to Book's post in French because I thought it was rude to use another language around predominantly anglophones. But to use French to blatantly insult another poster's writing style (and I personally enjoy Book's verbosity) is taking that rudeness to another level.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Wait, I just finally put two and two together - you're that Habs troll from a couple of years ago (can't remember the handle) - the one I traded insults with in French after you insulted my partner and my gender (meaning women as a whole) and my sexuality. Wow, why was I so slow to connect the dots.

Oh well - over now

*clicks ignore*

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

red - I have no problem with his objection to the length of some of my posts.  I don't understand it, really, so how can I be insulted?  His nausea has such an easy fix: "TL:DR".  Yet he reads them, apparently all of them, for the sole purpose of telling me to write shorter posts.  And, and here's the real irony, he then calls others "not too smart."

He should be careful what he wishes for vis a vis having me post in French.  Takes about 40% more text to say the same things in French, and that's if you're not inventing work-the-long-way-arounds the gaps in your vocabulary.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=662&id=263522&lang=en&navid=DL|BOS|home

But does he get the same one-year contract next year, at his age, if achieves them all this year ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

red - I have no problem with his objection to the length of some of my posts.

Couldn't possibly be less important.  What (Shupe's fav) Bieber had for breakfast is more important than what that member thinks of what anyone writes here.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

Fetche la vache  --  That's the extent of my french.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think Iginla will be one and done, unless none of the newer, younger players seem ready to move into a top-6 role.

The Bruins have plenty of veterans at this point.  And one of their projected top-6 youngsters (Seguin) was just traded, so I think that in the coming years they will want to keep a top-6 spot open for youth.  I think it will be Iglina's that opens next year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Fletch, I think that would be consistent with the way they Bruins have found success.  They've built a lot of the top of their roster by developing players they've drafted or acquired before they were fully realized NHL players.  Savard, Chara and Ryder were the exceptions when they started, but they've been superceded by draftees like Krejci, Lucic, Marchand and, until this summer, Seguin.  The more I think about it, the more I like the model of go young with your top six and dominate with a veteran bottom six who make 40% more than everyone else's bottom six. They can because you haven't got those huge veteran deals for all of your top offensive guys.  Obviously you need some anchor players like Bergeron who can centre a rookie and a second year winger, but it means that you're actually creating opportunities for guys like Spooner who might not be suited to following the Marchnd path and grinding out a job on the fourth line for 40games. But if you give him Lucic and Iginla for 10 games while Krejci gets over pneumonia, he might just be your next guy.

Another year of Iginla is either a really good omen for how this year will go or a really bad omen for how the Providence guys are developing.  If Iginla looks 30 rather than 40, and so scores 40 rather than 30, maybe some of the prospects start to look like trade bait?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

I think Iginla will be one and done, unless none of the newer, younger players seem ready to move into a top-6 role.

The Bruins have plenty of veterans at this point.  And one of their projected top-6 youngsters (Seguin) was just traded, so I think that in the coming years they will want to keep a top-6 spot open for youth.  I think it will be Iglina's that opens next year.

Contact wise i agree with you bc evryone not named iggy is locked up.  I can see marchand being dealt.  He is gonna want large money.   If the cap increases a lot maybe he stays.  But the young players will make it easier to deal him.   Unfortunately i think this could be his last deal in boston. He will want 6m+.