Re: Iginla is better than Horton

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Anyone know the size of Iginla's stick?

Too short.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Anytime you bring up stick length I just assume Rusty will show up...heres hoping!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

In response to bim09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading here.  First of all, the Bruins won the cup soley on the back of Tim Thomas. 

So Bergeron, Chara, and Marchand all had nothing to do with it. There is no taking away what TT did in the Playoffs that year, but that statement is outright false.

[/QUOTE]

I really don't think it is.  And most honest hockey fans will agree TT was the only reason they won anything that year.

But lets stay on topic.  Jerry has done nothing for the Bruins in the post season yet (or even in Pittsburgh last year) so, saying he's the answer for the B's top 6 winger needs is still a bit premature don't you think?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Who is Jerry? The guy has like 17 names, and none of them can be shortened to Jerry.

Elvis has entered the building.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Horton:  Good player who didn't want to be here.  Took a lot of nights off but made up for it with his playoff performance.

Iginla:  Real good player who didn't want to be here at one point, but now does.  Let's see what he does when it matters most before passing judgement.  No question he was the best available player to fill the void.  I'm happy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Who is Jerry? The guy has like 17 names, and none of them can be shortened to Jerry.

Little Jerry Seinfeld I think red

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Would you rather I call him Roamer or Roamy?  I know NAS would love that. :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading here.  First of all, the Bruins won the cup soley on the back of Tim Thomas. 

So Bergeron, Chara, and Marchand all had nothing to do with it. There is no taking away what TT did in the Playoffs that year, but that statement is outright false.

[/QUOTE]

I really don't think it is.  And most honest hockey fans will agree TT was the only reason they won anything that year.

But lets stay on topic.  Jerry has done nothing for the Bruins in the post season yet (or even in Pittsburgh last year) so, saying he's the answer for the B's top 6 winger needs is still a bit premature don't you think?

[/QUOTE]

Bim, you spent the entire 2011 playoffs predicting the Bruins were going to get owned by every coach/opponent they faced. You were claiming that the more exciting Canucks would win right up until the end of game 7 and now you're here claiming the only reason they didn't was because of the magical Thomas. In my experiences dealing with you, it seems you generally have no idea what you're talking about regarding hockey in general. Last season you actually stated you'd rather see the Bruins lose high scoring games than to win 2-1.........that's totally absurd. How about Kiril Kabanov? Are you still hitching your wagon to that pretender? I know you sure threw a hissy fit when I told you he was clearly going to be a bust. Well at least you're being honest I guess.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

We shut down every Penguin last year, but Iginla has 32 goals in 69 career playoff games. I'll take that.

Impressive! I think it will and can happen in Boston. Until Iginla puts these stats to use in Boston he does not get Horton's 2011 status, which was off the hook.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]

Anytime you bring up stick length I just assume Rusty will show up...heres hoping!

[/QUOTE]

no he'll just say that PC sux, Bobby Orr was traded , Jacobs is cheap and BB is the best GM ever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I really don't think it is.  And most honest hockey fans will agreeTT was the only reason they won anything that year.

[/QUOTE]

Bim, you spent the entire 2011 playoffs predicting the Bruins were going to get owned by every coach/opponent they faced. You were claiming that the more exciting Canucks would win right up until the end of game 7 and now you're here claiming the only reason they didn't was because of the magical Thomas. In my experiences dealing with you, it seems you generally have no idea what you're talking about regarding hockey in general. Last season you actually stated you'd rather see the Bruins lose high scoring games than to win 2-1.........that's totally absurd. How about Kiril Kabanov? Are you still hitching your wagon to that pretender? I know you sure threw a hissy fit when I told you he was clearly going to be a bust. Well at least you're being honestI guess.

[/QUOTE]

Dez you're absolutely right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I really don't think it is.  And most honest hockey fans will agreeTT was the only reason they won anything that year.

[/QUOTE]

Bim, you spent the entire 2011 playoffs predicting the Bruins were going to get owned by every coach/opponent they faced. You were claiming that the more exciting Canucks would win right up until the end of game 7 and now you're here claiming the only reason they didn't was because of the magical Thomas. In my experiences dealing with you, it seems you generally have no idea what you're talking about regarding hockey in general. Last season you actually stated you'd rather see the Bruins lose high scoring games than to win 2-1.........that's totally absurd. How about Kiril Kabanov? Are you still hitching your wagon to that pretender? I know you sure threw a hissy fit when I told you he was clearly going to be a bust. Well at least you're being honestI guess.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh, so now the dishonesty begins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to doodles444s' comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

[QUOTE]

Funny you bring this up.  I was having a conversation with another Bruins fan in my neck of the woods about this.  It all started when I said " Iginla's an @-hole ! with him we would have been to another cup parade down Boylston "   He replied , " Without Horton the Bruins wouldn't have won the cup " 

He was half correct because it did happen, Iginla's didn't , last playoffs because he chose the Pens.  It's  story to be continued.  Although I replied to my buddy " True Horton scored those OT goals but if Iginla was on that team they wouldn't have to go to OT or a 3rd period to win, they would have won before by 2 , 3 goals"

Agree he's a better all around player. 

Regarding last year (And your discussion with your friend)...

We would have still had Horton (Although only one of them could take that spot on Krejci's line)

I think its better to compare Jagr and Iginla because last year it was one or the other.. and I think Iginla would have made a larger impact and could have made the difference since the games were so close.

[/QUOTE]

Never said he would have been with Krejci and Lucic.  He would have been probably where Jagr played . 

My point in my conversation was Iginla overall is a better player and I think Bruins would have still won the cup in 2011 with him in the lineup over Horton.  Of course this is all speculation , even if they had Crosby in their lineup we'll never know if they would have won the cup anyway in 2011.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jury's still out on Kabanov.  And I don't think Gary Roberts would agree with your assessment.  But, you already know that cuz you're a smart hockey guy, unlike myself.

And, last year I was all-in for the Cup run and I was wrong, again.  Funny how you failed to mention that stubborn little fact.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Again, that is just outright false. You are lying to yourself if you think he was the only reason they won. So many other players on the team had unbelieveable playoffs that year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Nathan Horton was a big young physical player with a great talent and knew how to score important goals, Nathan was among my favorite players......after his first concussion everything changed ...he became less physycal, more fragile, he still has the talent but I dont see when he will play a full season again....Columbus gave him a long term Super Star Contract ...and i think they made a big mistake....I wish him good luck but he will never be the player he was before...oh well he has the money now !!  But wont be part of the next 4 Stanley Cups edition

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to red75's comment:

...because Jarry is too similar to the Finnish guy, whatshisname?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Jury's still out on Kabanov.  And I don't think Gary Robertswould agree with your assessment.  But, you already know that cuz you're a smart hockey guy, unlike myself.

And, last year I was all-in for the Cup run and I was wrong, again.  Funny how you failed to mention that stubborn little fact.

Is Gary Roberts his NHL coach or something? The kid spent a millisecond as the #1 rated player in the world and his career's been in a free-fall ever since. Regarding last year's Cup run, I didn't know that you having your heart broken again was my responsibilty to mention in my posts. Is that what this is about? Do you predict and expect the worst just to save the heartache?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Agree!! Way better and more grit.

Look for a Gordie Howe hat trick

Sections
Shortcuts