Iginla is better than Horton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Iginla is better than Horton

Simple as that.  Faster, smarter, more skilled, better shot, more consistent.  And similarily strong.

Obviously Iginla has had a far better career, but I also think he is much better at this moment.  I know it was only one pre-season game, but for me that was enough to say that Jerome's ability hasn't declined to any great extent, at least not to the point that he is a lesser player that Horton.

I think this will be a significant upgrade for the Bruins this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Iginla is better than Horton

Funny you bring this up.  I was having a conversation with another Bruins fan in my neck of the woods about this.  It all started when I said " Iginla's an @-hole ! with him we would have been to another cup parade down Boylston "   He replied , " Without Horton the Bruins wouldn't have won the cup " 

He was half correct because it did happen, Iginla's didn't , last playoffs because he chose the Pens.  It's  story to be continued.  Although I replied to my buddy " True Horton scored those OT goals but if Iginla was on that team they wouldn't have to go to OT or a 3rd period to win, they would have won before by 2 , 3 goals"

Agree he's a better all around player. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Iginla is one of the best all around players of all time and will end up in the HOF. Horton has had some big goals for us , but his name doesn't fit in either of those catagories.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Funny you bring this up.  I was having a conversation with another Bruins fan in my neck of the woods about this.  It all started when I said " Iginla's an @-hole ! with him we would have been to another cup parade down Boylston "   He replied , " Without Horton the Bruins wouldn't have won the cup " 

He was half correct because it did happen, Iginla's didn't , last playoffs because he chose the Pens.  It's  story to be continued.  Although I replied to my buddy " True Horton scored those OT goals but if Iginla was on that team they wouldn't have to go to OT or a 3rd period to win, they would have won before by 2 , 3 goals"

Regarding last year (And your discussion with your friend)...

We would have still had Horton (Although only one of them could take that spot on Krejci's line)

I think its better to compare Jagr and Iginla because last year it was one or the other.. and I think Iginla would have made a larger impact and could have made the difference since the games were so close.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to doodles444s's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Regarding last year (And your discussion with your friend)...

We would have still had Horton (Although only one of them could take that spot on Krejci's line)

I think its better to compare Jagr and Iginla because last year it was one or the other.. and I think Iginla would have made a larger impact and could have made the difference since the games were so close.

It was not one or the other. The Bruins thought they had Iginla, then we all know what happened and they traded for Jagr. As far as the Bruins were concerned, they wanted to sign Horton and were told he was done in Boston. Iginla then approached the Bruins about signing with the team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I don't see much point in comparing the "what ifs" of Iginla or Jagr playing for the Bruins last year.  I'm more interested in whether the Bruins are a better team going forward with Iginla taking Horton's spot in the lineup this season.  My early opinion is yes, Iginla is much better than Horton and in that area they are a better team for it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

Sorry for adding input.. and it was in response to a post about Horton/Iginla and last year's Stanley Cup run. I think it is valid to mention it wasn't either/or last year and if we could have gotten Iginla, Horton still would have been there to potentially get those crucial goals. (And that it would probably have been Jagr not there) - Speaking in hypotheticals obviously.

Kelvana-

Yes I know what went down with Iginla/Jagr/Horton and I meant "one or the other" as in.. If we had gotten Iginla, I doubt we would have went for Jagr after. Kinda like if we still had Horton.. One of Eriksson/Iginla wouldn't be here.

Thank you for recapping it for me though. 

Oates- 

I wasn't trying to hijack your thread to make it Jagr/Iginla. I was just responding to the post specifically about having Iginla or Horton for last year's Stanley Cup run.. We could have had both and I do think Iginla would have made a difference.

I usually enjoy reading here but rarely post and will now go back to the rafters. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

I don't see much point in comparing the "what ifs" of Iginla or Jagr playing for the Bruins last year.  I'm more interested in whether the Bruins are a better team going forward with Iginla taking Horton's spot in the lineup this season.  My early opinion is yes, Iginla is much better than Horton and in that area they are a better team for it.

I want to say yes, without the Horton is gone now Iginla now wears the spoked B so he is better, etc....I'd say going forward Iginla will be better. He is up there in age, but he is on a one year incentive laden deal, seems to be on a line with teammates that fit his game. I just like it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

The early returns indicate that Iginla at 36/37 has way more left in the tank than Jagr at 41 and may actually produce at a rate equivalent to Horton. What could make him a substantial upgrade to Horton would be his impact on getting Lucic to play up to his potential game in and game out, plus his ability to mentor some of the young wingers.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

In response to doodles444s' comment:

Sorry for adding input.. and it was in response to a post about Horton/Iginla and last year's Stanley Cup run. I think it is valid to mention it wasn't either/or last year and if we could have gotten Iginla, Horton still would have been there to potentially get those crucial goals. (And that it would probably have been Jagr not there) - Speaking in hypotheticals obviously.

Kelvana-

Yes I know what went down with Iginla/Jagr/Horton and I meant "one or the other" as in.. If we had gotten Iginla, I doubt we would have went for Jagr after. Kinda like if we still had Horton.. One of Eriksson/Iginla wouldn't be here.

Thank you for recapping it for me though. 

Oates- 

I wasn't trying to hijack your thread to make it Jagr/Iginla. I was just responding to the post specifically about having Iginla or Horton for last year's Stanley Cup run.. We could have had both and I do think Iginla would have made a difference.

I usually enjoy reading here but rarely post and will now go back to the rafters. 

You don't need to apologize. Jump down from the rafters any time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from doodles444s. Show doodles444s's posts

Thanks.. one thing to mention in the Iginla/Horton debate is Horton's chronic shoulder injury. I think it adds to the scales to tip towards Iginla.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

One thing is for sure: at this point in their careers, even though Jarome is older, Iginla is hungrier than Nathan Horton.

Making him even hungrier, is that he passed up a certain Stanley Cup thanks to Sidney.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to doodles444s's comment:

Thanks.. one thing to mention in the Iginla/Horton debate is Horton's chronic shoulder injury. I think it adds to the scales to tip towards Iginla.

Concussion history would be more of a red flag for me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading here.  First of all, the Bruins won the cup soley on the back of Tim Thomas.  Yes, Horton scored some big goals but Timmy stopped even bigger goals.

As far as Jerry mentoring the younger wingers, I think if he teaches them anything it should be to not make two storied franchises look like idiots.  Yes, he's a good player and yes he plays a Bruins style hockey, but a couple of preseason goals on the PP against AHLers doesn't mean a thing.

Savard was one of the best centermen in the modern era and he couldn't play with him.  That's one fact that should concern most Bruins fans.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading here.  First of all, the Bruins won the cup soley on the back of Tim Thomas.  Yes, Horton scored some big goals but Timmy stopped even bigger goals.

As far as Jerry mentoring the younger wingers, I think if he teaches them anything it should be to not make two storied franchises look like idiots.  Yes, he's a good player and yes he plays a Bruins style hockey, but a couple of preseason goals on the PP against AHLers doesn't mean a thing.

Savard was one of the best centermen in the modern era and he couldn't play with him.  That's one fact that should concern most Bruins fans.

What a crock that is. Take down the shrines Hyperbole Jones.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOT

Jerome scored on Price didn't he? also we had mostly AHLers out there as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Simple as that.  Faster, smarter, more skilled, better shot, more consistent.  And similarily strong.

Obviously Iginla has had a far better career, but I also think he is much better at this moment.  I know it was only one pre-season game, but for me that was enough to say that Jerome's ability hasn't declined to any great extent, at least not to the point that he is a lesser player that Horton.

I think this will be a significant upgrade for the Bruins this year.

100% with you ...not only better but he will be healthier ...UPGRADE FOR SURE ! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I think Iginla has something more to prove, signing a 1 yr. deal. I expect he's going to have a great year with the Bruins and Lucic and Krecji will be the benefactors. And as Stanley said......he's historically been a healthier player.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Given what Horton has done in the playoffs I'm not sure I can agree with this. We will have to see how Iginla performs come April, May, and hopefully June.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

One thing Horton has over Iginla is Nathan has a ring in Boston and was a huge part of the run to the cup. I have to side with Bim in the sense that yes Iginla looked great but lets not get ahead of ourselves until Iginla is contributing like Horton did in 2011. My expectations for Iginla are high because he is still really great.

Can anyone name some Iginla highlights during the playoffs against the Bruins last year ?

*I watched the 2004 Calgary cup run, no need to bring it up. Jarome was awesome!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

One thing Horton has over Iginla is Nathan has a ring in Boston and was a huge part of the run to the cup. I have to side with Bim in the sense that yes Iginla looked great but lets not get ahead of ourselves until Iginla is contributing like Horton did in 2011. My expectations for Iginla because he is still really great.

Can anyone name some Iginla highlights during the playoffs against the Bruins last year ?

*I watched the 2004 Calgary cup run, no need to bring it up. Jarome was awesome!

Can anyone name any highlights of any Penguin in that series? Cool

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

We shut down every Penguin last year, but Iginla has 32 goals in 69 career playoff games. I'll take that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading here.  First of all, the Bruins won the cup soley on the back of Tim Thomas. 

So Bergeron, Chara, and Marchand all had nothing to do with it. There is no taking away what TT did in the Playoffs that year, but that statement is outright false.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Anyone know the size of Iginla's stick?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Looking forward to the season with Iginla in a Bruins uniform. I was upset with him snubbing B's last season at the deadline but sweeping the Pens in Conference Final helped me get over that. I see good things happening this season with Iginla playing a big roll in it. I am definitely happy with the aquisition.

Sections
Shortcuts