Iginla- Olympic Motivation??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Iginla- Olympic Motivation??

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I agree 100%.  The question is... does Iginla see it that way?

I don't think a world class athlete like him has given up hope and at the very least, wants to give Team Canada something to think about.  It can only help the Bruins.

Jerome has some years in him for sure but there are more deserving candidates.

[/QUOTE]

This is going to turn into another "There's one R in Ference" or "2 Us and 2 Ks in Tuukka."

It's Jarome with an A. I know I've  made the mistake on occassion as well, so no stones being cast, just if he's going to be on our team now, we should be able to spell his name.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Just go with Iggy. Problem solved.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Invite doesnt mean soeone cant still make the team.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

i dont think there is any way he makes team canada.  Way too many skilled, young fast fwds that are ready to take his place.  I love what iggy has done but he is not an elite player at this stage of his career.  i would take marchand lucic bergie over iggy in a second.   Big ice eliminates lucic and iggy quickly.  Marchand has an outside chance and would love him on the 4th line with bergie and Cory perry.   

Pat Quinn said that Bergeron has shown he's a world class centerman & expects him to be the #2 center behind Crosby. Think I'll listen to his assessment over anyone elses on this board. 

[/QUOTE]

He barely played the last time.  

Stampkos toews tavares i think will all be ahead of him.  canada has always had some kinda shut down line.  I love bergie but he isnt ahead of the above noted imo.  Again, centers will have to play the wing.  So i guess its possible.  

I see crosby toews stampkos bergie.  Canada is just loaded with centers.  

[/QUOTE]

He didn't have a Cup, a Selke & a runner up in 2010. As i said. No offence, but I'll take Pat Quinns analyst over anyone else on this board. The guy did coach to Canada's first gold in 50 yrs. You won.....??? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lets face it. Canada could ice two teams for the Olympics and they'd probably meet each other in the Gold Medal Game.

Not sure about that Gord, how's your goaltending?[/QUOTE]

Just fine.  Hows your centers.  [/QUOTE]

Outscored your centers during 2 games in 2010

"Not all are guaranteed to make the squad again, but Yzerman said big-game experience will work in a player's favour.He said older skaters like Scott Niedermayer, who is now retired, and Chris Pronger, who hasn't played since November, 2011 due to concussion symptoms, were key performers in Vancouver.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

i dont think there is any way he makes team canada.  Way too many skilled, young fast fwds that are ready to take his place.  I love what iggy has done but he is not an elite player at this stage of his career.  i would take marchand lucic bergie over iggy in a second.   Big ice eliminates lucic and iggy quickly.  Marchand has an outside chance and would love him on the 4th line with bergie and Cory perry.   

Pat Quinn said that Bergeron has shown he's a world class centerman & expects him to be the #2 center behind Crosby. Think I'll listen to his assessment over anyone elses on this board. 

[/QUOTE]

He barely played the last time.  

Stampkos toews tavares i think will all be ahead of him.  canada has always had some kinda shut down line.  I love bergie but he isnt ahead of the above noted imo.  Again, centers will have to play the wing.  So i guess its possible.  

I see crosby toews stampkos bergie.  Canada is just loaded with centers.  

[/QUOTE]

He didn't have a Cup, a Selke & a runner up in 2010. As i said. No offence, but I'll take Pat Quinns analyst over anyone else on this board. The guy did coach to Canada's first gold in 50 yrs. You won.....??? 

[/QUOTE]

And if pat quinn is wrong?   Bergie looked very out of place last time. I love bergie.  I dont put him ahead of the others.  Toews was canadas best fwd. when you say crosby-toews it has a great ring to it.  Toews has 2 cups.  I wouldnt be shocked to see Bergie on a line with crosby bc they did well at the world juniors.  Crosby-Hall-Bergie would be fine with me.  

I wouldnt put bergie ahead of stampkos either.  im not sure canada will be numbering lines.  But crosby and toews are canadas best.  I dont care what quinn says.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Lets face it. Canada could ice two teams for the Olympics and they'd probably meet each other in the Gold Medal Game.

Not sure about that Gord, how's your goaltending?

Just fine.  Hows your centers.  [/QUOTE]

"Not all are guaranteed to make the squad again, but Yzerman said big-game experience will work in a player's favour.He said older skaters like Scott Niedermayer, who is now retired, and Chris Pronger, who hasn't played since November, 2011 due to concussion symptoms, were key performers in Vancouver.

[/QUOTE]

Who scored the winning goal?   Who was the tourny mvp.   Whats yzerman supposed to say.  Chris Pronger and neidermayer werent going to make this team.  Luckily we have 4 returning, 2 of this yrs norris final 3 and peitrangelo who i think might be the best of the bunch.  We sure are in trouble.  

if your centers outscore our centers i will delete my account.  Put your money where your mouth is?   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

"if your centers outscore our centers i will delete my account.  Put your money where your mouth is? "

I agree that this bet should happen.

xoxoxoxxo

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

It is a much different Patrice Bergeron than the one who was used for spot-duty last Olympics. This one will figure in all aspects, in all situations, including probably rifding shot-gun with one Sidney Crosby. Depth charts are deceiving.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

If I remember correctly, Bergeron suffered a groin injury at the beginning of the Olympics, which even caused him to miss the first Bruins' game, afterwards.

A healthy Bergeron IMO, would have gotten as much ice time as any of the other forwards.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to biggskye's comment:

If I remember correctly, Bergeron suffered a groin injury at the beginning of the Olympics, which even caused him to miss the first Bruins' game, afterwards.

A healthy Bergeron IMO, would have gotten as much ice time as any of the other forwards.

Yep. Used for faceoffs and then straight off due to injury.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Iggy is going to need to just play hockey to recieve his motivation. I've watched him out West here for a number of years and he's slow. We saw that in the Pens playoffs. Yes you can put him on the power play and he should get some goals. But. What do the Bruins do if he's too slow on the regular shifts ? Should they stick with him ? Or we will we see audtions from Providence.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope Iggy gets 20 + goals. I'm a Bruin fan and he's a Bruin. That's hard to say after all these years with him wearing the red + white flame sweater.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Invite doesnt mean soeone cant still make the team.  

No it doesn't. I agree with this statement.

But for it to happen Ward will have to have a spectacular start to the season while the invitees falter.

Sounds like I'm disagreeing with the agreeing............ but it's actually agreeing.

xoxoxoxo

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just fine.  Hows your centers. 

"Not all are guaranteed to make the squad again, but Yzerman said big-game experience will work in a player's favour. He said older skaters like Scott Niedermayer, who is now retired, and Chris Pronger, who hasn't played since November, 2011 due to concussion symptoms, were key performers in Vancouver.

[/QUOTE]
    We sure are in trouble. if your centers outscore our centers i will delete my account.  Put your money where your mouth is?   [/QUOTE]

Steve Yzerman said he will be considering all factors when it comes to narrowing down his Olympic squad, including the larger size of the international rink. Canada failed to medal the last time the Olympics were in Europe, finishing eighth in Turin, Italy in 2006."

You mad ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Ignla has had his Team Canada time . His only focus now should be on the Bruins.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Ignla has had his Team Canada time . His only focus now should be on the Bruins.

It doesn't hurt to have one directly affected by the other though Han. The better he plays for Boston, the better his chances to compete for another medal. Iginla being left off the list is a win-win for Boston. The extra motivation should be viewed as a good thing. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

It doesn't hurt to have one directly affected by the other though Han. The better he plays for Boston, the better his chances to compete for another medal. Iginla being left off the list is a win-win for Boston. The extra motivation should be viewed as a good thing. 

And Iggy has shown he can use the Olympics as a motivator - he was an also thought to get an invite to camp in 2001, but he used it as a motivator to the point where they had no choice but to take him. He's not the same player anymore, but I would think that motivation quite possibly remains.

Sections
Shortcuts