Iginla to Penguins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Iginla to Penguins

The Chia pet fails again! That doesn't surprise any does it? Martin St.Louis or Ryan Whitney! Which one will Chia mess up next? I'm sure the Pittsburgh GM is just waiting in the wings to swoop in and grab whichever player the big dummy tries too acquire next.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

As wanted to see clowe on the bruins but after thinking we had iggy no trades going to make up for this. I just want to know what the bruins have against legit goal scorers and have a hard on on over paying for good but not great talents.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Joke dude...calm down.  I only picked Clowe because the dude can fight and I'm in the fighting mood.  I'd love to get an all-star team here too.  I think my hate for Pitt is more than Vancouver and Montreal put together at the moment. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

L.A. looked terrible last year too.  Jerome would have been nice, but this teams fine as long as they get Kels back and Tuukka plays like he's suppose to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Bob McKenzie cautioned in an earlier version of the pending trade story on TSN that Feaster might be using the Bruins' offer to drive up offers from other teams.  And so it came to pass. 

Things with Bartkowski and Koko should be pretty awkward for the rest of the season, huh?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

...I think my hate for Pitt is more than Vancouver and Montreal put together at the moment. 

Welcome to the club.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

L.A. at Minn last year this time.  Similar game situations that the B's have been facing this year.

http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20112012,2,1177&cmpid=embed-share-video

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosbruins2011cup. Show bosbruins2011cup's posts

Its a good thing the bruins got jay pandolfo you can never have to much talent and depth in times like these oh wait...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

The bruins front office has some serious explaining to do. The players never play a full 60 and blow leads and the front office chokes twice to the pens trying to trade for a player ITS CALLED BRUINS! Good news the ice floater lucic makes 6 mil next year!

The "It's Called Bruins" campaign was many years ago and the team was brutal.  There is a big difference between a bad team and a team that is play badly. 

The front office needs to explain nothing.  People need to stop relying on the media.  For the first time in who knows how long, I bought into the hype here and look what happened.  Why does the front office need to explain?  Trades happen all the time in the NHL.  Those players were traded elsewhere.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

As wanted to see clowe on the bruins but after thinking we had iggy no trades going to make up for this. I just want to know what the bruins have against legit goal scorers and have a hard on on over paying for good but not great talents.

Nothing is going to make you feel better after a player wasn't traded to Boston?  That's pretty dramatic, isn't it?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

For one very, very bright light here:

I don't have to read "Iggy" for the next two or three months.

Glory be to me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

What is wrong with you people ? PC lost the bid, if Iggy wanted pitts or if the better offer came from pitts how is that PC fault. How do you know theres not a better or begger deal in the works ?Ya maybe pittsburg is loading up but there doing it with aging past stars, and rentals for a short season thats anyonew game. Dont admit or  adhere to defeat yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

For one very, very bright light here:

I don't have to read "Iggy" for the next two or three months.

Glory be to me.

I'd put up with it for another shot @ the cup, wouldn't you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Just saw Karl Rove on TV: He says there is still a chance that Iginla could go to the Bruins, and that the media is calling the trade way too early.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

What is wrong with you people ? PC lost the bid, if Iggy wanted pitts or if the better offer came from pitts how is that PC fault. How do you know theres not a better or begger deal in the works ?Ya maybe pittsburg is loading up but there doing it with aging past stars, and rentals for a short season thats anyonew game. Dont admit or  adhere to defeat yet.

Lost the Bid ??? Seriously ?

Just saw that Pitt gave a 1st rounder and two college prospects. How is it possible that you can't do better than that? What ? they wanted Spooner, and that was a deal breaker ? Didn't want to throw in Caron ? If PC really wanted Iginla, and got beat out with that offer, then his competence is in question.

Lost the bid my asss -

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishfinger. Show fishfinger's posts

Look at the bright side of things we just picked up Daugavins.....lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Stings but Iggy wanted pitt.  I cant fault pc bc he is trying.  To be very blunt i believe adding a top  4 dman Is more important at this stage.  There are lots of guys we can add and im sure we will.  

pittsburgh as a city is absolutely beautiful.  Boston is my favorite place on earth but after visiting pitt on a few occasions its very nice.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Just saw that Pitt gave a 1st rounder and two college prospects. How is it possible that you can't do better than that? What ? they wanted Spooner, and that was a deal breaker ? Didn't want to throw in Caron ? If PC really wanted Iginla, and got beat out with that offer, then his competence is in question.

Lost the bid my asss -

Iggy wanted to go there.  He held the cards.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lost the bid my asss -

What do you know?  You weren't in on the negotiations. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Although I'm no expert on the pieces going to Pittsburgh(perhaps someone can offer some objectivity), their current employment situation screams the fact that the B's offer was in the neighborhood.  Appears this was much bigger than a regular hockey trade, rather a golden handshake to a franchise player who was shown the respect of choosing his locale.  If that's true, I can't say I blame Iginla for picking Pittsburgh.  Prior to last night, virtually everyone had better odds on the Penguins winning the Cup.  If this is true, I think that's a very classy move from the Flames.

Now.....fluck the Flames, Iginla and the Penguins 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

To the angry mob -

The great and all-powerful Jarome Iginla just fetched in trade a former 3rd round pick, a former 5th round pick, and a late first round pick.  The Bruins offered a former 2nd round pick, a former 7th round pick, and a conditional first.  Those were, apparently, the best offers.  What does that tell you about the perceived value of Iginla right now among those who have pro scouting departments watching his every move for weeks on end to assess whether to acquire him and what to pay to get him?

He may have a late career burst in him like Recchi, but that's a risk and not one that you burn down the farm to assume.  His name is more attractive than his game right now. 

At the risk of making an NBA comparison here, I have a vision of the Bruins-Pens in the playoffs that looks a lot like the Detroit-Lakers finals of 2004.  The Lakers had reloaded with Malone and Payton, they already had the two-headed Kobe-Shaq Monster and they got crushed by a physical, defensively dominant Piston team with the best two-way point in the game that year.  The Pens have their two headed Monster and their 70+ years of veteran acquisition, and I think the Bruins can attack them with speed and win with defense.  And that's without making a deal for Ryane Clowe or Marty St. Louis.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to Kennedy97's comment:

Just saw Karl Rove on TV: He says there is still a chance that Iginla could go to the Bruins, and that the media is calling the trade way too early.

haha, nice

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

I'm going to stick with the Iginla -- Crosby -- Malkin love triangle. Flames really wanted to accomodate him. So if I'm Jerome and the choice is there -- Do I want to go to a team on a winning streak who just beat the Habs or a team that has a short history this season of blowing 3rd period leads (the Habs being most recent)?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

I'm going to stick with the Iginla -- Crosby -- Malkin love triangle. Flames really wanted to accomodate him. So if I'm Jerome and the choice is there -- Do I want to go to a team on a winning streak who just beat the Habs or a team that has a short history this season of blowing 3rd period leads (the Habs being most recent)?

The Pens beat the Habs by one.  The B's lost in the shootout.  To suggest that these two games where the factor is absurd.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Lost the bid my asss -

What do you know?  You weren't in on the negotiations. 

All I know is that Chia seemed to really want Iginla , and I know what Pitt gave up to get him -

You want to sugar coat it ? go for it. But if he really wanted him, and couldn't do better than that? Then there's a problem.

Hey look at the bright side...we still have Caron Spooner and Krug -