Iginla to Penguins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Iginla to Penguins

JW.  iginla wanted pitt.  Pc could have offered everyone and feaster could have said done.  But with out iginla saying deal it wasnt happening.  Whats so hard to understand about that.  Iginla wanted pitt. he didnt want boston. End of story.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

We can still get Sarich though.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

To the angry mob -

The great and all-powerful Jarome Iginla just fetched in trade a former 3rd round pick, a former 5th round pick, and a late first round pick.  The Bruins offered a former 2nd round pick, a former 7th round pick, and a conditional first.  Those were, apparently, the best offers.  What does that tell you about the perceived value of Iginla right now among those who have pro scouting departments watching his every move for weeks on end to assess whether to acquire him and what to pay to get him?

He may have a late career burst in him like Recchi, but that's a risk and not one that you burn down the farm to assume.  His name is more attractive than his game right now. 

At the risk of making an NBA comparison here, I have a vision of the Bruins-Pens in the playoffs that looks a lot like the Detroit-Lakers finals of 2004.  The Lakers had reloaded with Malone and Payton, they already had the two-headed Kobe-Shaq Monster and they got crushed by a physical, defensively dominant Piston team with the best two-way point in the game that year.  The Pens have their two headed Monster and their 70+ years of veteran acquisition, and I think the Bruins can attack them with speed and win with defense.  And that's without making a deal for Ryane Clowe or Marty St. Louis.

BB, I hope you're right, but I think Pitt just got even better. I think the Bruins better make a good move before trade deadline if they want a shot at getting past Pitt.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

To the angry mob -

The great and all-powerful Jarome Iginla just fetched in trade a former 3rd round pick, a former 5th round pick, and a late first round pick.  The Bruins offered a former 2nd round pick, a former 7th round pick, and a conditional first.  Those were, apparently, the best offers.  What does that tell you about the perceived value of Iginla right now among those who have pro scouting departments watching his every move for weeks on end to assess whether to acquire him and what to pay to get him?

He may have a late career burst in him like Recchi, but that's a risk and not one that you burn down the farm to assume.  His name is more attractive than his game right now. 

At the risk of making an NBA comparison here, I have a vision of the Bruins-Pens in the playoffs that looks a lot like the Detroit-Lakers finals of 2004.  The Lakers had reloaded with Malone and Payton, they already had the two-headed Kobe-Shaq Monster and they got crushed by a physical, defensively dominant Piston team with the best two-way point in the game that year.  The Pens have their two headed Monster and their 70+ years of veteran acquisition, and I think the Bruins can attack them with speed and win with defense.  And that's without making a deal for Ryane Clowe or Marty St. Louis.

Nice story Book, but the Pens have, not only the best player in the game, but probably the top 2 players in the game playing for them before Iginla walks in the door.

The biggest value Iginla brings to the Pens is his experience and leadership...which just further enhances their chances to win it all. Someone mentioned the big yard sale next season?? He is probably right but they'll likely have it with the Stanley Cup sitting on a table in the background, not to mention Crosby and Malkin still around to do it again next year.

Unfortunately the B's could have used that leadership in Boston, maybe they'd stop giving up games in the 3rd period...well there is still time before the deadline and hopefully Chiarelli pulls a rabbit out of his hat for Easter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:

I'm going to stick with the Iginla -- Crosby -- Malkin love triangle. Flames really wanted to accomodate him. So if I'm Jerome and the choice is there -- Do I want to go to a team on a winning streak who just beat the Habs or a team that has a short history this season of blowing 3rd period leads (the Habs being most recent)?

I dont buy one bit that it was Jaromes decision.  When you are trading a player who is loved like Jarome, your fans are going to be angry.  If you trade him for anything less than the most you can get, your fans will be livid angry forever.

Also: The Bruins onlyhave offered a conditional first round pick

Pitt offered a first round pick.

Blah , blah, blah accomodate Jarome.  PC was unwilling to give up a first rd pick, Calgary was looking for one.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

JW.  iginla wanted pitt.  Pc could have offered everyone and feaster could have said done.  But with out iginla saying deal it wasnt happening.  Whats so hard to understand about that.  Iginla wanted pitt. he didnt want boston. End of story.  

I disagree.  They asked Iginla to give a list of teams.  The Bruins were on that list.  To turn around last minute , and say, I know I gave you that list, and you were up late trying to work out a trade w/ a team on that list...But I changed my mind, its now Pitt or no trade....I jsut cant imagine Iginla saying that.  I cant imagine that going over well if he did say that.

Also: The Bruins reportedly offered a conditional 1st rd pick

Pitt offered a first rd pick.

Thats what it came down to.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Also: The Bruins onlyhave offered a conditional first round pick

Pitt offered a first round pick.

Blah , blah, blah accomodate Jarome.  PC was unwilling to give up a first rd pick, Calgary was looking for one.

Making a comment like this indicates an inside knowledge of the situation that you don't have. If Calgary has two similar offers on the table and they offer the player the right to choose his team, that would be the way it goes down.

The fact that the media was reporting his trade to Boston prior to the real announcement would lead one to believe that the player had something to do with the last minute change!

Sorry, if I'm Iginla and I have a choice between Boston and Pittsburgh, I think I'd choose to play for the team with the top 2 players in the game also. Simple.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Book,

basketball is 5 vs 5.  I get what you are saying but unless we add a quality dman and some excellent depth to the 3rd and 4th lines we are in trouble.  Pitt speed easily matches ours, their defense is better, their depth up front is mixed with youth, experience and superstars, their goaltending in the playoffs is proven and they have an excellent coach.  

Morrow and Iginla may have slowed a step but iginla can still hit, score skate and fight.  Hes lining up with the best player in the world.  Their second group features malkin(maybe the 2nd best player in the world) and neal.  Very scary.  They can play any style you want but they dont have to.  Bc they will play their style and have other teams try to keep up.  Their pp is sick.  Wow. 

chara can only play so many minutes.  Our defense is laughable and ive been tooting this for 2 yrs now.   Chara needs someone that can play as much as he can and dominate.  

Up front i would ideally like:

clowe, frans neilson(gives sid fits) and camalleri(sp).  

On def i would like regehr, boyle, jbo.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from john6345. Show john6345's posts

Great job Mr Chiarelli you are now 0-2 for trades of players that you wanted.Why is that we always lose out to teams like this.Does the fact that this team was looking pretty solid a few weeks ago, but is now so fragile that it  can't protect a lead in the hockey game have other players looking at this club as a non contender now.Oh sorry I,m sure we will have plenty of hi-lite shoot out goals to look forward to now Kaspers Daugavins is now in the organization.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I disagree.  They asked Iginla to give a list of teams.  The Bruins were on that list.  To turn around last minute , and say, I know I gave you that list, and you were up late trying to work out a trade w/ a team on that list...But I changed my mind, its now Pitt or no trade....I jsut cant imagine Iginla saying that.  I cant imagine that going over well if he did say that.

[/QUOTE]

Go to Feaster's press conference ( 2:00 mark ). Iginla's choice.

http://www.tsn.ca/

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Unless you know more then the hockey gurus you are wrong.  Morrow wanted pitt and so did iggy.  If pc wouldnt throw a 1st rounder at him he should be canned.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[/QUOTE]

Tks chowda.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

[/QUOTE]

Exactly -  What ? player stepped up and said "uh, I'm not going to Boston- It's Pitt or forget the whole thing"  Total nonsense

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from originalcallodthedom. Show originalcallodthedom's posts

What it comes down to is Iginla wanted Pitt the whole time. He waited for their offer and took that one. Conditional 1st rd pick was smart on pc part. koko is a good prospect. Don't want to give him up and see Iginla sign with the penguins in the offseason. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Exactly -  What ? player stepped up and said "uh, I'm not going to Boston- It's Pitt or forget the whole thing"  Total nonsense

[/QUOTE]

Uhh .......JW do you know what a NTC means ?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Well that stinks. If the Pens are eliminated early in the playoffs it will be all the more enjoyable though. Now what? Ryan Clowe?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Well that stinks. If the Pens are eliminated early in the playoffs it will be all the more enjoyable though. Now what? Ryan Clowe?

The east is a joke.  Montreal and boston are the only teams they should concern themselves with. Staying healthy is the main objective.  What stinks is you cant play bruins hockey against them bc their pp is lethal.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Bravo ! all these whiners around cannot understand.  You might hate Crosby but right now he's the best in the world and Iginla wanted to be there.  I still love you ; )

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

A-Rod and how he chose the Yankees ?  Anybody ? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Bravo ! all these whiners around cannot understand.  You might hate Crosby but right now he's the best in the world and Iginla wanted to be there.  I still love you ; )

blk spidy rocks the blk tights.  Im almost more excited now with iggy going there.  I like the underdog role of the 80-90s.  Lets go grab cammalleri, clowe and regehr and go to war.  

Peverly, 1st rounder for cammy clears contract space for next year and gets rid of a player who is cheaper for the flames.  Also gives them 3 1st round picks. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

A-Rod and how he chose the Yankees ?  Anybody ?

AFraud please get his name right. Probably rubbing Roid-Creme on his degenerative hip right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

As wanted to see clowe on the bruins but after thinking we had iggy no trades going to make up for this. I just want to know what the bruins have against legit goal scorers and have a hard on on over paying for good but not great talents.

Gawd, I hope it's not more window dressing like last year just to placate the lemmings.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I posted something similar on a different thread but I'm going to post it here too.

Iggy has no say.....I'm sorry.  Yes...he wants to play with Sid.  And I can't blame him.  But once you submit a list of teams that you're willing to waive your NTC that's it.  It's in the GM's hands after that.  The GM wants to trade you to the Panthers?  Yup....don't waive your NTC.  But once he trades you to a team on the list, you accept it.  I don't care how many texts Sid the Kid has sent you.

If I were PC or Neely, I'd be livid.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jalvis' comment:

I posted something similar on a different thread but I'm going to post it here too.

Iggy has no say.....I'm sorry.  Yes...he wants to play with Sid.  And I can't blame him.  But once you submit a list of teams that you're willing to waive your NTC that's it.  It's in the GM's hands after that.  The GM wants to trade you to the Panthers?  Yup....don't waive your NTC.  But once he trades you to a team on the list, you accept it.  I don't care how many texts Sid the Kid has sent you.

If I were PC or Neely, I'd be livid.

No.  Iggy had all the say.  Until he signs off its not done.  Hes in pitt as my proof. 

Sections
Shortcuts