Iginla to Penguins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Iginla to Penguins

It's really a pointless arguement because none of us can know for sure, either way he's a Penguin instead of a Bruin.

Should be an interesting next few days.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to jalvis' comment:

I posted something similar on a different thread but I'm going to post it here too.

Iggy has no say.....I'm sorry.  Yes...he wants to play with Sid.  And I can't blame him.  But once you submit a list of teams that you're willing to waive your NTC that's it.  It's in the GM's hands after that.  The GM wants to trade you to the Panthers?  Yup....don't waive your NTC.  But once he trades you to a team on the list, you accept it.  I don't care how many texts Sid the Kid has sent you.

If I were PC or Neely, I'd be livid.

No.  Iggy had all the say.  Until he signs off its not done.  Hes in pitt as my proof. 

You're right.....I'm just saying that it's REALLY lame on Iggy's part.  If all he wanted to do was to play with Sid, then that should be the only team on his list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

I disagree.  They asked Iginla to give a list of teams.  The Bruins were on that list.  To turn around last minute , and say, I know I gave you that list, and you were up late trying to work out a trade w/ a team on that list...But I changed my mind, its now Pitt or no trade....I jsut cant imagine Iginla saying that.  I cant imagine that going over well if he did say that.

Also: The Bruins reportedly offered a conditional 1st rd pick

Pitt offered a first rd pick.

Thats what it came down to.

Well, that's just 100%S untrue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Bettman and NBC must be happy.  

I am not a fan of giving up that much for Iggy.  The way the defense is lately (ference being ference, McQuaid and Boychuck not %100), I would much rather get a steady top 4 dman.  I know they need offense but I think that no matter who you get, they will be stifled (sp?) by the system.  

On a side note, Seguin is stepping up and playing a great 2 way game now.  Obviously, being on a line with Patrice helps.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Funny thing is the Pens still have some cap space to improve further if Shero wants to. And, unlike PC, Shero gets what he wants.

http://www.capgeek.com/penguins/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

"Funny thing is the Pens still have some cap space to improve further if Shero wants to. And, unlike PC, Shero gets what he wants."

Jaromir Jagr? I'm sure Mario's making that call today.

"How about it ol buddy? Swan song in Pittsburgh?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

"Funny thing is the Pens still have some cap space to improve further if Shero wants to. And, unlike PC, Shero gets what he wants."

More likely another D man as insurance. Letang is very injury-prone....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to gord11's comment:

More likely another D man as insurance. Letang is very injury-prone....

scary indeed.  Likely a thug like parros and another dman as you mentioned.  

Trade deadline is gonna be awesome.  Lots of teams still to be heard from.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

scary indeed.  Likely a thug like parros and another dman as you mentioned.  

Trade deadline is gonna be awesome.  Lots of teams still to be heard from.  

Would be pretty funny if Shero poached PC's next bid as well....lol

If this happened one would have to think there is some bad blood between the two.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Funny thing is the Pens still have some cap space to improve further if Shero wants to. And, unlike PC, Shero gets what he wants.

http://www.capgeek.com/penguins/

PC one a cup without having multiple #1 draft picks at his disposal. The trade deadline has not come and gone yet.

Where are the rest of Sheros rings if he is so much better ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

I hate Pittsburgh not because Iginla and Morrow chose them over the Bruins, but

- because their owner Lame-Ieux is one of the worst hypocrites in hockey

- because of Ulf Sc*muelsson and Coward Cooke (once again, I would like to express my  gratitude to Tie Domi and Evander Kane)

- because of the classless crybaby with the Botox lips

- because there is no way you give a guy with a Russian accent as wide as the Volga River and a look on his face that can only be described as "completely clueless" a cool nickname like "Geno" ("Chvàd? Chvàd ees my name nooow? 'Sheeno'"?)

Well, as we all know, a club needs to win 16 playoff games to hoist the cup, and if Pittsburgh somehow doesn't win it this year, it will be soooooooooooooooooooooo sweet...

GO BRUINS!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

The Pens are now 3M over the CAP.   They need to rid themselves of some salary therefore trading a roster play and if they want to add even another player they'll have to do the same and get rid of another roster player.

I've been following the 2 GMs and after the Morrow deal I was saying advantage Shero and then after last night it dawned on me that it has nothing to do with Shero, it's all about Sidney Crosby.  Who wouldn't want to go play with this team ?  Sure Shero gets some credit but he's no genius , just lucky he has 2 first overall picks that happen to be Crosby and Malkin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Relax everyone.. I have a gut feeling this trade will make the Pens worst... here's why.

The Pens are currently playing their best hockey since they won the cup and if one of their top 6 players goes down they have Gino cming in so why fix something if it isn’t broken?  Now they add an aging superstar who is going to displace players on every line from 1 thu 4.  This move can very easily be a chemistry buster.

If he chose the B's he would have displaced Horton who is struggling and he would have helped the pp.  I guess he thinks he can ride on Crosby's coat tail.  It aint gonna happen.  My gut feeling.

Sections
Shortcuts