Iginla Watch-Part II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Iginla Watch-Part II

They really need to move that Savard money to LTIR now. There's really no wiggle room any other way. They should, all said and done, now have $9.25M to spend on Rask and pieces. Rask will not have more than a $7M cap hit, so let's spend JJ's $2.25M! (Actually, I think it gets saved for a deadline deal).

FORWARDS
    Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / David Krejci ($5.250m) / Jarome Iginla ($6.000m)
    Brad Marchand ($4.500m) / Patrice Bergeron ($5.000m) / Loui Eriksson ($4.250m)
    Daniel Paille ($1.300m) / Chris Kelly ($3.000m) / Carl Soderberg ($1.008m)
    Shawn Thornton ($1.100m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Jared Knight ($0.870m)
    DEFENSEMEN
    Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Johnny Boychuk ($3.367m)
    Dennis Seidenberg ($3.250m) / Torey Krug ($1.704m)
    Adam McQuaid ($1.567m) / Dougie Hamilton ($1.494m)
    Matt Bartkowski ($0.650m) /
    GOALTENDERS
    Niklas Svedberg ($1.000m)
    OTHER
     LTIR: Marc Savard ($0.000m)
    ------
    (these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
    SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $59,826,667; BONUSES: $6,022,500
    CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $9,295,833

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to GillesGilbert's comment:

I"m surprised that Khudobin left for just $800K. Should we read into this that the Bruins think that Sveberg is ready and actually prefer him? Stanley Cup to the Hurricanes???

I didn't understand this one. Doesn't Ward usually play about 60 games a year? So he went to a team where he may play less?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

Book, is that the, "Sorry Boston, I should have stuck with you to begin with" Iginla discount???

I already coined the phrase, "he gave us a bone-town discount" to make up for screwing us at the deadline. 

Dez, how does the games played work against the cap.  Its obviously so ething that wouldnt kick until after it was achieved.  Book? NAS? fletch, San.   Anyone?   

i think our top 6 looks pretty darn good.  Both guys are good in both ends.  I personally think pitt used iggy wrong.  Really hoping loui is bergie marchand.  

Now, if we can land another fwd to the bottom 6 like mason raymond i would be pretty darn happy.   i could live with caron to start the year to save a little space.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

In response to GillesGilbert's comment:

I"m surprised that Khudobin left for just $800K. Should we read into this that the Bruins think that Sveberg is ready and actually prefer him? Stanley Cup to the Hurricanes???

I didn't understand this one. Doesn't Ward usually play about 60 games a year? So he went to a team where he may play less?

Ron, I really just don't think the Bruins wanted to keep him whether he's cheap or not. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Book, is that the, "Sorry Boston, I should have stuck with you to begin with" Iginla discount???

I already coined the phrase, "he gave us a bone-town discount" to make up for screwing us at the deadline. 

Dez, how does the games played work against the cap.  Its obviously so ething that wouldnt kick until after it was achieved.  Book? NAS? fletch, San.   Anyone?   

i think our top 6 looks pretty darn good.  Both guys are good in both ends.  I personally think pitt used iggy wrong.  Really hoping loui is bergie marchand.  

Now, if we can land another fwd to the bottom 6 like mason raymond i would be pretty darn happy.   i could live with caron to start the year to save a little space.  

I haven't heard the exact break down on the per game bonus but I'm under the impression that bonuses work against next year's cap.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Iginla had the odd moment vs the Bruins but to be fair Boston made the entire Pens team look ordinary.  I watched enough Flames games this year as part of HNIC's Saturday night back end of their double-header to see Iginla play pre-trade deadline to conclude this guy does not take shifts/games off.  I doubt we'll read posts in this regard as we did at times with Horton.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I haven't heard the exact break down on the per game bonus but I'm under the impression that bonuses work against next year's cap.

So his base salary is all we have?   If so huge win.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Also at the Press conference:

I'd just like to say good luck to Daniel Alfredsson in Detroit.  Dude, I know what you were thinking, but well, "I'm the Jagr...".

Are you not entertained?!?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

so, the cap hit is 1.8. for this year the cap hit is 1.8, it might tack on money next year but the cap will be going up so whatever. Bergy will probably cost them an extra 1.5 and Seidenberg an extra 1, so whatever. 

Yes, clearly I didn't think my post through.  This may be a way to even-out the cap reduction of this year, by putting some of it only next.

However, I believe there is a cap on the bonus cushion of 7.5%, which this year is $4.8M.  Bruins will have to shed some bonuses?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Iginla had the odd moment vs the Bruins but to be fair Boston made the entire Pens team look ordinary.  I watched enough Flames games this year as part of HNIC's Saturday night back end of their double-header to see Iginla play pre-trade deadline to conclude this guy does not take shifts/games off.  I doubt we'll read posts in this regard as we did at times with Horton.

Yes he does.  Be prepared for it.  But he also gets in a groove.  He's and older, waaaaay more accomplished and tougher version of NaHo.  I'll take it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Rich, im a huge iggy fan.  I dont think he looked good for pitt the entire time.  I dont think they used him right, he was forced in at the deadline.  I think a structured system like boston is easier to play and more of his style of play.  Dk is a wizard, lucic is a beast and iggy can score.  I think his legs have slown but hes money in the bank for 30 and i will say he leads the team in goals.  

We should go bring morrow in for the 3rd line as well.  Lol. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Shupe -

His whole salary counts against the cap, however the Bruins are able to exceed the cap by an amount up to the amount of his bonuses.  If they do, that overage will appear next season as a cap penalty.  This does not work in conjunction with the LTIR exception!

This happened with Rask the year Thomas was hurting and could be the starter.

-- Proud user of Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Shupe -

His whole salary counts against the cap, however the Bruins are able to exceed the cap by an amount up to the amount of his bonuses.  If they do, that overage will appear next season as a cap penalty.  This does not work in conjunction with the LTIR exception!

Good info.  So what does that leave us based on rask getting his 6+m contract.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

A mess of confusion that I don't want to deal with until capgeek gets their calculator updated.

Er... Chad Johnson the goaltender?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Shupe -

it only gets tacked on the next season if the bonuses are hit. so are you saying that the grand total you can go over the cap with LTIR and bonuses is 4.8 million? why the heck didn't the bruins buy out savard then 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Shupe -

it only gets tacked on the next season if the bonuses are hit. so are you saying that the grand total you can go over the cap with LTIR and bonuses is 4.8 million? why the heck didn't the bruins buy out savard then 

Because you cannot buy out an injured player.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

They can't buy out an injured player.

The $4.8M is the limit for bonuses, as in the total of attainable bonuses on the team can't be higher than that.  There is no limit on LTIR exception overage.  However, If the Bruins were to spend exactly to the cap (as in not use Savard's money at all), and Iginla hits all of his bonuses, the full $3.7M would appear as a penalty the next season.  So LTIR cannot be used to cover bonus overage.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Wanted him at the trade deadline and still want him now. This is awesome news. Bruins will be a better club with him. And as others have said, our top 6 is looking mighty fine.

The season start can't come soon enough.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Shupe -

Cant buy out an injured player.  ie heatley

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Shupe -

Aren't there rules preventing injured players from being bought out? It's hardly fair to expect Savard to lose 33% of his salary because Cooke almost decapitated him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Wanted him at the trade deadline and still want him now. This is awesome news. Bruins will be a better club with him. And as others have said, our top 6 is looking mighty fine.

Of everyone that left AF has my soft spot.  Even on tv interviews all he talked about was the class boston showed.   I hope he has a great 3 yrs there.   It took me a long time to like him.  Better late then never.   Seguin n horton.   Meh.  Could care less.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

A mess of confusion that I don't want to deal with until capgeek gets their calculator updated.

And 600K is Johnson's contract in the AHL as well...Ahhh

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/07/05/bruins-announce-minor-moves/

So Chiarelli isn't ready for Svedberg as a full time back up yet I guess.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Yes he does.  Be prepared for it.  But he also gets in a groove.  He's and older, waaaaay more accomplished and tougher version of NaHo.  I'll take it.

Same here.  And yeah, how many times have we seen Iginla get off to a slow start then part way through the season he starts to light it up regularly.  Then we'd hear chat about a decline in his skills mixed with trade talk.  Before you know it he's got 29 goals with more to come.  I don't seem to hear floating attached to his rep as we had with Horton even before he arrived in Boston, Book.  Had no idea.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Of everyone that left AF has my soft spot.  Even on tv interviews all he talked about was the class boston showed.   I hope he has a great 3 yrs there.   It took me a long time to like him.  Better late then never.   Seguin n horton.   Meh.  Could care less.  

Yup, AF stayed classy for sure. Was also one of the players that really got involved in the community. Seguin will be missed more then Horton.....in the long term I think. But the way things look right now, it might be easy to forget that, if these guys gel in Claude's system.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

And 600K is Johnson's contract in the AHL as well...Ahhh

http://bigbadblog.weei.com/sports/boston/hockey/bruins/2013/07/05/bruins-announce-minor-moves/

So Chiarelli isn't ready for Svedberg as a full time back up yet I guess.

Doesn't look that way.  Especially where Johnson's deal is one way. 

Sections
Shortcuts