Iginla

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

Iginla

Its no secret Iginla will be leaving the flames and I know he's pretty old but he's still a really good player. And it wouldn't take a lot to get him. Would love to see iggy in a b's uniform.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Iginla

Now we are really complete as the Bruins forum now has a Nash, Parise and now an Iginla thread going at the same time. By the way I would love the to see Iginla in a Bruins uniform. The money Jerome produces for that franchise Apparel, tickets etc. suggests he stays especially the cost to whomever comes calling.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

lol, yes, the triumvirate of usual off-the-wall trade speculation targets is now complete. The one thing I'll say about Iginla is that he is a pending UFA, so he might be traded and he wouldn't handicap the Bruins long-term and he might not require too much going back. But make no mistake, the Flames will want something back. Something decent. I would explore the Iginla option if Horton's future was in doubt. I might also explore it if Thomas was dealt for prospects and cap space that could be used on Iginla. Of course, there as Sandog says, there is a good chance he goes nowhere.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

There is also a good chance he gets moved. After the season ended he said himself he doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding team. It could happen and would seem far more realestic then landing a Rick Nash

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

He sure fits the Bruins player mold; gritty, hard working and will drop the gloves in a minute.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Flames won't let the face of their franchise go for peanuts....

whether Horton's good to go or not, B'S have to upgrade offense prior to puck being dropped next season....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

In response to "Re: Iginla":
    Flames won't let the face of their franchise go for peanuts.... whether Horton's good to go or not, B'S have to upgrade offense prior to puck being dropped next season.... Posted by days-of-Orr
    Totally agree with you on that. Maybe a bobby Ryan thread will be the next one. But I will let someone else start that

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In Response to Re: Iginla:
    In response to "Re: Iginla": Totally agree with you on that. Maybe a bobby Ryan thread will be the next one. But I will let someone else start that
    Posted by tbone77

tbone, not saying i'm not interested in Iggy but that he won't be given away and that there'll be suitors....

Ryan would be huge pickup....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Welcome to silly season....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In Response to Iginla:
    Its no secret Iginla will be leaving the flames and I know he's pretty old but he's still a really good player. And it wouldn't take a lot to get him. Would love to see iggy in a b's uniform.
    Posted by tbone77

Stupid thread # 2 out of two opened.

Wouldnt take much to get him? He is the face of that franchise. If I dont care how bad they are, what his age is they would want way more than he's worth for the simple fact he is worth more to them than anyone else.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbone77. Show tbone77's posts

In response to "Re: Iginla":
    In Response to Iginla : Stupid thread # 2 out of two opened. Wouldnt take much to get him? He is the face of that franchise. If I dont care how bad they are, what his age is they would want way more than he's worth for the simple fact he is worth more to them than anyone else. Posted by kelvana33
    My point is it would take a lot less to get him as oposed to Nash. Now I don't think it's really a stupid thread. I think everyone agrees this team needs a top 6 forward. So if it's stupid then don't respond. Iginla has made it clear he wants to win and that's not happening anytime in Calgary. So why couldn't the b's make a pitch for him. Or is that stupid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I think you'd have to offer two first rounders to even get the Flames to pick up the phone, and that likely wouldn't be close to enough to get it done.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

He sure fits the Bruins player mold; gritty, hard working and will drop the gloves in a minute.
    Posted by 4everbruins

Yeah but he wouldn't go well with the bigoted tweeters out there that have a problem with people of color.

But seriously, even at his age which will be 35/36 next season, he would be a good fit if the price wasn't too steep to acquire him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Sorry, I don't understand why the Bruins need a top 6 forward.  And even if I accept the premise that they need a top six forward, it would have something to do with the fact that they couldn't get a sustained attack going against a put them to sleep defense.  How is a guy who gets points but who hasn't been able to rev up his team's engine for what, five straight years, going to be the answer?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to "Re: Iginla": My point is it would take a lot less to get him as oposed to Nash. Now I don't think it's really a stupid thread. I think everyone agrees this team needs a top 6 forward. So if it's stupid then don't respond. Iginla has made it clear he wants to win and that's not happening anytime in Calgary. So why couldn't the b's make a pitch for him. Or is that stupid.
    Posted by tbone77

I think it's stupid because it would take a ton to get him. You'd have to overpay to get him. Yes, he's up there in age, but like i said he's the face of their franchise, and they will not deal him for picks or prospects, they'd also want a proven player like Lucic. He's a hell of a player but the price would be way too steep.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Everybody from Boston had better be nice to Calagary next year.  He's going no where soon.  If it looks like the Flames are not going to make the playoffs next year, Iggy will get a golden parachute a la Bourque.  He'll go for dick, as a rental, to a cup favorite(and maybe back to Calagary in the fall).  You don't build around Iggy, but if you can get him for peanuts for a playoff run, .... yipeee.
    If somebody really wants this guy, why not wait 6 months and get him for nothing.  He shouldn't garner much via trade, unless there's an extension of a year or two at reasonable money that goes with him.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

How about Jay Bouwmester (spelling)...

Nice to speculate but I don't see anything huge this off season. Teams all ready good, just some depth moves probably. Gotta figure Hamilton, Caron, and Maybe Sauve or Spooner might find their way into the lineup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

dunno what everyone is talking about here..... Inginla would be a PERFECT bruin. EXACTLY what the doctor ordered for a team challenging for a stanley cup, needing goal scoring, and ESPECIALLY considering I want Krejci outta here and Seguin @ center-ice. (creating a vacancy @ wing)

you are all smoking something.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Sorry, I don't understand why the Bruins need a top 6 forward.  ?
    Posted by Bookboy007

I think, a lot of people believe (myself included) that SEGUIN is ready to assume the #1 center position.
    That moves KREJCI to the 3rd line, or out-of-town.
    With the status of HORTON, uncertain, and PEVERLEY better suited for 3rd line duty, the bruins will need a top 2 RW (likely obtained in a KREJCI trade).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Don't expect Nash, Parise, or Iginla, although some of these thoughts are interesting. Agree with Biggskye that Peverly is best suited for the 3rd line. Will Horton come back is the biggest question, and only a kreji trade would move Seguin to center ice. If Kreji stays, and Horton does not come back, my wish list would send Timmy to Tampa Bay for St. louis [ until Spooner is ready] plus Nate Thompson to center a new 4th line with Caron and Hendrickson.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

dunno what everyone is talking about here..... Inginla would be a PERFECT bruin. EXACTLY what the doctor ordered for a team challenging for a stanley cup, needing goal scoring, and ESPECIALLY considering I want Krejci outta here and Seguin @ center-ice. (creating a vacancy @ wing) you are all smoking something.
    Posted by Olsonic

I am but I can't speak for the others.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

for what it's worth, Jay Feaster is an idiot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I don't know what he would cost, and I dont know if the deal would make sense from a budget angle, but I'd absolutely love what Iginla could bring to the Bruins.

Think leadership and character of Recchi, except with a ton of toughness, skill and offensive talent left.

Sections
Shortcuts