Iginla

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Iginla

In response to lambda13's comment:

Best start in franchise history isn't doing that well?

Add in, they have given up the 3rd least amount of shots per game. Their defensive structure is doing better then "well" to this point of the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

The Bruins need to do something or they will not have the gas to win with this lineup. Just saw where some folks would like Ryder back because of his success in Dallas. What about Tampa's new winger with three assists last night. Both players have skills that did not emerge under Julien's system which is a tighter defensive commitment. The Bruins are doing well in this tight structure, but, not that well. They need more, even some, scoring from lines 3&4, as well as a better PP. Bourque is not the answer; Thornton is more of a drag this year than previously. Speed with scoring, as Bergeron's line shows, needs to be expanded. Their experienced D are beginning to fade, losing a step and leaving the goalies open to breakaways.Horton has only played so-so; Peverly and Kelly have been good defensively, but "shut down" s supposed to be the 4th line's job. Some adjustments a not only needed, but necessary.

I disagree. There's room for improvement,  but you make this team sound like they're a disaster.This team is still a great team, but has the ability to be better in certain area's. The one thing that I really like seeing is how the other teams don't try to poke the B's as much. They're staying away from allowing the Bruins to get into their element. Which I was apprehensive about how the B's would handle it. Their identity since Julien came along was the more push from the other team (in a physical sense) the better the B's played. This season in any of the games where the Bruins weren't pushed much & the Bruins didn't do much (like the 2 losses against Buffalo) they still prevailed more often then not. For instance I thought for sure the games against Montreal, Toronto andthe Sabers would be all out wars. Especially against Montreal and Buffalo.since both those teams supposedly toughened up. However,  those games ended up being uneventful. Which I thing had an impact on the 2 losses, but they won in other uneventful games which is nice, because it shows that they have a lot of different ways to win. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

First place problems. We are almost leading the conference and have like 4 games in hand against some teams. What the hell is all the complaining about? Of course teams can do things better but from the way this forum reads we should be 0-12 and looking to ship off Chara for a bag of pucks and a slice of pizza. Ok it's lunch time, you caught me, they would take the pucks without the pizza.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

First place problems. We are almost leading the conference and have like 4 games in hand against some teams. What the hell is all the complaining about? Of course teams can do things better but from the way this forum reads we should be 0-12 and looking to ship off Chara for a bag of pucks and a slice of pizza. Ok it's lunch time, you caught me, they would take the pucks without the pizza.

I have no clue.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

The Bruins need to do something or they will not have the gas to win with this lineup. Just saw where some folks would like Ryder back because of his success in Dallas. What about Tampa's new winger with three assists last night. Both players have skills that did not emerge under Julien's system which is a tighter defensive commitment. The Bruins are doing well in this tight structure, but, not that well. They need more, even some, scoring from lines 3&4, as well as a better PP. Bourque is not the answer; Thornton is more of a drag this year than previously. Speed with scoring, as Bergeron's line shows, needs to be expanded. Their experienced D are beginning to fade, losing a step and leaving the goalies open to breakaways.Horton has only played so-so; Peverly and Kelly have been good defensively, but "shut down" s supposed to be the 4th line's job. Some adjustments a not only needed, but necessary.

Best start in franchise history isn't doing that well?

Remember, some fans are never happy. I'm sure you could find some Blackhawk fans that are upset that they have 3 shootout losses.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

He's the face of the franchise, folks. I agree; he's not playing on the 3rd. In order to grab someone of Iginla's talent, established players need to go the other way. And not rental players, but players at good value that have a few years on their cap-friendly deals. I think it would take Peverly and Boychuck plus a low prospect to do it, and PC would need insurance that Iginla signs for a few more to give up two key players like that.

We all agree that the room for improvement for the Bs is on the 3rd line. Horton and Seguin are your top LWs and they aren't going anywhere. Lucic the same. I suppose a case could be made to bring in a to-flight LW and bump Marchand down to 3rd line, but I don't see that as an improvement since he's been one of the better forwards for the past 2 seasons.

I agree that talking Iginla is a waste. You bring in a player who is a 2nd line guy for other teams and has a 3rd line spot on Boston - exactly what they did with Peverly and Kelly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Just a quick quote from TSN game notes about the Flames vs Kings for all those pining for Jarome. 

Iginla has one goal in 15 games this year and two in last 25 dating back to last season. ...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=416483

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Calgary will treat Jarome the same way Boston treated Raymond. If Jarome wants to go and try and win a cup, Calgary will try to help him get there. Would it be Boston ? Who knows. Calgary will try to extract the most in any trade.

Who wants Jarome ? Does Boston ? Does Pittsburgh ? LA ? Again. Who knows. If it was Boston, what does Boston have that Calgary would take ? Draft pick or picks ? Or a warm body ? Lord knows we have a string of #1 draft picks down on the farm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

Calgary will treat Jarome the same way Boston treated Raymond. If Jarome wants to go and try and win a cup, Calgary will try to help him get there. Would it be Boston ? Who knows. Calgary will try to extract the most in any trade.

Who wants Jarome ? Does Boston ? Does Pittsburgh ? LA ? Again. Who knows. If it was Boston, what does Boston have that Calgary would take ? Draft pick or picks ? Or a warm body ? Lord knows we have a string of #1 draft picks down on the farm.

Who?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

Just a quick quote from TSN game notes about the Flames vs Kings for all those pining for Jarome. 

Iginla has one goal in 15 games this year and two in last 25 dating back to last season. ...

I'm positive that Iginla hasn't forgotten how to score.  Maybe his linemates are plugs who can't pass.  Maybe he's hit a lot of posts.  His nine assists (1-9-10) show that he's still very involved in the offense.

I thought using the last 10 games of last season was a bit odd, so I did some research.  It's true that in the last 11 games of the season, he had one goal.  The six games prior to that, he had seven goals.  Seven goals between March 4th and March 15th.  This helped him finish with 32 for the season.

The writer of that TSN article is a dooooshe for showcasing stats like that but failing to tell the whole story.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

It's simple, Iginla replaces Horton. Calgary gets Horton, Ference, Sauve, and/or Bartkowski

Yikes, I stick to Pandolfo for now. Horton will be clutch scoring soon enough. I am concerned about concussed Thornton. Maybe Thornton should be up in the box and have pandolfo play RW on the 4th.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

From what I've been reading around here it seems likely they will get both Iginla and Alfredsson.

It will be the best third line in hockey.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

I'm positive that Iginla hasn't forgotten how to score.  Maybe his linemates are plugs who can't pass.  Maybe he's hit a lot of posts.  His nine assists (1-9-10) show that he's still very involved in the offense.

I thought using the last 10 games of last season was a bit odd, so I did some research.  It's true that in the last 11 games of the season, he had one goal.  The six games prior to that, he had seven goals.  Seven goals between March 4th and March 15th.  This helped him finish with 32 for the season.

The writer of that TSN article is a dooooshe for showcasing stats like that but failing to tell the whole story.

Make sure you give him a high 5 at the reunion then.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Iggy is a slow starter, all Calgarians know this.

last year 2G in first 10, 4 in 15, final 32/82

2011   2 in 15,                                    43/82

2010  3 in 10                                      32/82

2009  2 in 6                                       35/82

2008  1 jn 4                                      50/82

2007  2 in 7                                      39/70

2006  2 in 10                                  35/82

2004  4 in 21                                  41/81

2003  4 in 21                                  35/75

2002  1 in 6                                   52/82

2001  5 in 17                                  31/77

2000  3 in 21                                 29/77

1999 2 in 5, 6 in 18                      28/82       

98  1 in 11,  5 in 24                     13/770 Sophomore

97  3 in 4, 7 in 26        finished 21/82 Rookie

I am pretty sure the writer never mentioned his start forsome of these years either. His compete level is consistant game in game out and his season stats as a rule are better than his start.  His last 30 in Bos will net him 20.lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Ill respond with this about iginla and or alfredson, playing on the 3rd line in a Bs unifor isnt really a demotion, think of it as increased ice time for the 3rd line but not only that, both these players would be a beast on any power play with the Bs, admittenly it could be alfredsons last year, and iginla who knows, but i like it the fact the opportunity for the Bs to go for either or.

If you dont like that idea theres always the perry/getslaf rumours that one has to go by seasons end but the ducks are actually contending well right now, so what do they do ? risk losing one after the season getting nothing or make a trade at the deadline..

Isnt hockey fun lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Who?

Sorry NAS   Not first round draft picks...But rather Bruin's first round picks...Sorry about that

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Who?

Sorry NAS   Not first round draft picks...But rather Bruin's first round picks...Sorry about that

The only 1st round draft pick by the Bruins I see down on Providence is Caron. Other than that the only one not on the Bruins is Subban..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Who?

The only 1st round draft pick by the Bruins I see down on Providence is Caron. Other than that the only one not on the Bruins is Subban..

I stan corrected...Suffice to say then warm bodies from the farm. 1, 2nd 3rd what ever...If they would in fact trade Jarome.