Iginla

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Iginla

There is a better chance of Chowda playing on the B's third line than Iginla.

He's scored 30 or more goals for the past 11 years, including 32 last year and 43 the year before.

His age is irrelevant.

Calgary's place in the standings is irrelevant.

His contract is irrelevant.

He is not coming to Boston to play on the third line this year.

Or next.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Re: Iginla

Why does he have to play on the 3rd line?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

Why does he have to play on the 3rd line?

Because the first and second line are all set.  Who would you like to see get diminshed ice time to make room for Iginla? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Lets not go there

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Wensink wants to say Seguin... I can read his mind.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

There is a better chance of SanDog playing on the B's third line than Zach Hamill.

He's never scored an NHL goal but is averaging a point per game (over 7 games) with the San Antonio Rampage.  

His age is irrelevant.

The San Antonio Rampage's place in the standings is irrelevant.

Or next.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

What's the point of this thread? So NAS can sound like he knows it all and what he says is the ultimate word? I really would like to know what would happen if Iginla ended up in Beantown. Would NAS have to borrow one of Stanley's 20 alias' s? So NAS unless ur PC himself, quit speaking in absolutes, because all it really does is show how that ur even more a pompous arrogant pr ick than what a lot already think u are.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

never thought I'd see Hamill's name on this board again!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

never thought I'd see Hamill's name on this board again!!!

Pure shock-value.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

So if San Dog isbeing traded for Hamill does that mean we are getting Cooke for NAS.

Please clarify who is going for Iginla, is it Stanley.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

What's the point of this thread? So NAS can sound like he knows it all and what he says is the ultimate word? I really would like to know what would happen if Iginla ended up in Beantown. Would NAS have to borrow one of Stanley's 20 alias' s? So NAS unless ur PC himself, quit speaking in absolutes, because all it really does is show how that ur even more a pompous arrogant pr ick than what a lot already think u are.

the point of this thread is to hopefully get in front of a lot of ludicrous trade proposals of caron, pandalfo and a 2nd rounder for iginla because he's a pending UFA and therefore calgary will take anything right? and NAS has been wrong before. he doesn't hide from it like stanley

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I think it's highly unlikely, but not impossible. Given Calgarys busy off season and good young prospects, I doubt they would be so quick to start getting rid of their best players. They've gotten off to a bad start, but I don't think they will be trading anyone this year no matter how bad they end up. If they struggle again next year... maybe.

Also, who would PC be willing to give up to get him? The asking price will be high. The Bruins have some untouchables, and a bunch of prospects with very little trade value. The mid-tier prospects aren't really there and available to make a big trade. Picks alone won't land Iginla.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's comment:

So if San Dog isbeing traded for Hamill does that mean we are getting Cooke for NAS.

Please clarify who is going for Iginla, is it Stanley.

I have a NMC but willing to waive it if I get free Texas Barbecue after every Rampage practice. A Sloth for a Sloth- why not ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Hey Nite,

Have you ever noticed that I spend my time here talking about subjects and you spend half of your time talking about posters?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Hey Nite,

Have you ever noticed that I spend my time here talking about subjects and you spend half of your time talking about posters?

Half ? You're a little low.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

There is a better chance of SanDog playing on the B's third line than Zach Hamill.

He's never scored an NHL goal but is averaging a point per game (over 7 games) with the San Antonio Rampage.  

His age is irrelevant.

The San Antonio Rampage's place in the standings is irrelevant.

Or next.

I get the Iginla comparison and Sandog gets Hamill. I'm fine with that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It's simple, Iginla replaces Horton. Calgary gets Horton, Ference, Sauve, and/or Bartkowski

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

It's simple, Iginla replaces Horton. Calgary gets Horton, Ference, Sauve, and/or Bartkowski

And two first round picks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Is it really that simple ?

Horton and Ference are UFA's at the end of the year. 

If by chance Feaster trades Iginla, it means Calgary is raising the white flag for this year. It spells out re-build. Calgary will be looking for controllable contacts as assets. Horton and Ference are not that. 

If they both test free agency your trade boils down to Iginla for Sauve and/or Bartkowski for the future of that franchise.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

True enough, but Feasler may want some established players [ Horton,Ference] to guide his younger players. Sauve could adapt better in the western conference with his speed and scoring capability, than he will under Claude's strategy. Bartkowski may also adapt better in the western conference than he has for the bruins. As an alternative replace Ference with Seidenberg and promote Krug to the bruins. The written reports on Providence indicate that Krug is close to ready for the NHL. Granted I'm looking thru Black and gold glasses, and this doesn't solve the lack of scoring from the 3rd line, nor the addition of size and skill to the 4th line which are equal problems.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

True enough, but Feasler may want some established players [ Horton,Ference] to guide his younger players. Sauve could adapt better in the western conference with his speed and scoring capability, than he will under Claude's strategy. Bartkowski may also adapt better in the western conference than he has for the bruins. As an alternative replace Ference with Seidenberg and promote Krug to the bruins. The written reports on Providence indicate that Krug is close to ready for the NHL. Granted I'm looking thru Black and gold glasses, and this doesn't solve the lack of scoring from the 3rd line, nor the addition of size and skill to the 4th line which are equal problems.

Established players with contracts that last more then a few months ? Maybe. Not ones that have expiring contracts. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Calg had Fer they don't want him back, he is from Edm, how about for Smyth, they could use a D.  Only prob is Smyth has an extra year, but a great LW pickup for playoffs on 3rd line.

Salary is exact same, thro in MacDermid, he played with Hall in Windsor and a 3rd rounder.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The Bruins need to do something or they will not have the gas to win with this lineup. Just saw where some folks would like Ryder back because of his success in Dallas. What about Tampa's new winger with three assists last night. Both players have skills that did not emerge under Julien's system which is a tighter defensive commitment. The Bruins are doing well in this tight structure, but, not that well. They need more, even some, scoring from lines 3&4, as well as a better PP. Bourque is not the answer; Thornton is more of a drag this year than previously. Speed with scoring, as Bergeron's line shows, needs to be expanded. Their experienced D are beginning to fade, losing a step and leaving the goalies open to breakaways.Horton has only played so-so; Peverly and Kelly have been good defensively, but "shut down" s supposed to be the 4th line's job. Some adjustments a not only needed, but necessary.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

The Bruins need to do something or they will not have the gas to win with this lineup. Just saw where some folks would like Ryder back because of his success in Dallas. What about Tampa's new winger with three assists last night. Both players have skills that did not emerge under Julien's system which is a tighter defensive commitment. The Bruins are doing well in this tight structure, but, not that well. They need more, even some, scoring from lines 3&4, as well as a better PP. Bourque is not the answer; Thornton is more of a drag this year than previously. Speed with scoring, as Bergeron's line shows, needs to be expanded. Their experienced D are beginning to fade, losing a step and leaving the goalies open to breakaways.Horton has only played so-so; Peverly and Kelly have been good defensively, but "shut down" s supposed to be the 4th line's job. Some adjustments a not only needed, but necessary.

Best start in franchise history isn't doing that well?

Sections
Shortcuts