Iginla

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Re: Iginla

OK,  Iginla Iginla fine. The only nickname that I use a lot is for Marchand I call him the rat. I can't break that habit. Lol.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to DaveyN's comment:

[QUOTE]

If we are axing 'Iggy', can we at least get rid of 'Shawno' too?

All of them, Davey.  All of them.

Except Fat Lucic.  That's not a nickname.  That's pure comedy.

[/QUOTE]

Your in regular season form NAS   Lol 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Is he going to be "Iggy" all year?

If so, you just simply won't see me here as often.

This isn't a "Change it now or lose me forever" BS post.  I'm just preparing. 

He's not a buddy.  He's not a friend.  He's not a guy anyone even knows.  It's such a stupid name.  I really cannot take reading it all year.

The difference between "Iggy" and "Iginla" is two keystrokes.

IGGY,IGGY,IGGY,IGGY,IGGY,IGGY,IGGY.IGGY,IGGY,IGGY,IGGY,IGGY,IGGY,IGGY,IGGY,IGGY,IGGY!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Can't we just let people use whatever lingo they feel comfortable with and then deal with the repercussions? 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Can't we just let people use whatever lingo they feel comfortable with and then deal with the repercussions? 

-Gerry Dee

Love the avatar, Dez!  I have that on a shirt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

C'mon NAZZY...

You aren't excited to see Iggy playing with Looch and the Matrix?

A second line of Bergy, Marchy and .... ???  What is the hockey nickname for Eriksson?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to bim09's comment:

We could just call him Jerry. 

Or Pop.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to G4ck5's comment:

This is the silliest thread I have read on these forums. Like who give's a flying F what name you call someone as long as we all know who we are talking about. To be honest if you are going to complain about a nick name and not show up on the forums good riddance. As much good knownledge you do bring to this forums it would be a shame for you to cry about a nick name.

Address me as Mr. NAS.

Thank you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

C'mon NAZZY...

A second line of Bergy, Marchy and .... ???  What is the hockey nickname for Eriksson?

Probably "Eriks".

The only other choices would be Erikssoner, Erikssonsie, and The Guy We Got For Seguin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

[QUOTE]

C'mon NAZZY...

Probably "Eriks".

The only other choices would be Erikssoner, Erikssonsie, and The Guy We Got For Seguin.

[/QUOTE]

Louzie?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Fans refering to players by nicknames is a little cheesy. What bothers me is when people spell it Thorton. It's just an "N" on a 4th line player but it so many people do it, I notice it and it ruins my day.

Sort of like referring to the proper spelling of a word. (Sorry, I had to use you as an example.)

We all have those pet annoyances. For me the biggest is "you are = you're" and people use 'your'. There and their is another but I digress. I did this because it's NAS, and his insistance on telling us how to behave. Most 'nicknames' are so lame, that it isn't worth saying to begin with. Little Ball o'Hate is a Nickname

There is a familiarity when using these names. At some level we do try to connect with the players and the league, and this makes us part of that. It's silly and childish, but then again, grown men caring and worrying about a Pro sports team, and spending so much time talking about it on a Discussion Board is kind of stupid when you think about it. I am one, so I can say it, but if I want to call Jerome Iginla, IGGY, then f**k, I will call him IGGY. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

Fans refering to players by nicknames is a little cheesy. What bothers me is when people spell it Thorton. It's just an "N" on a 4th line player but it so many people do it, I notice it and it ruins my day.

Sort of like referring to the proper spelling of a word. (Sorry, I had to use you as an example.)

We all have those pet annoyances. For me the biggest is "you are = you're" and people use 'your'. There and their is another but I digress. I did this because it's NAS, and his insistance on telling us how to behave. Most 'nicknames' are so lame, that it isn't worth saying to begin with. Little Ball o'Hate is a Nickname

There is a familiarity when using these names. At some level we do try to connect with the players and the league, and this makes us part of that. It's silly and childish, but then again, grown men caring and worrying about a Pro sports team, and spending so much time talking about it on a Discussion Board is kind of stupid when you think about it. I am one, so I can say it, but if I want to call Jerome Iginla, IGGY, then f**k, I will call him IGGY. 

[/QUOTE]

Its Jarome.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I've spent a lot of time in Southern Alberta over the years - Iginla has been called Iggy by the masses as well as the media since he came into the league. I think you're spitting into the wind NAS.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I did this because it's NAS, and his insistance on telling us how to behave.

"This isn't a "Change it now or lose me forever" BS post."

F off Perry.  Pay attention.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Fruggin *eyeroll*...

I can't wait until the season starts so we can talk about hockey instead of pet peeves...
    Lets GO BRUINS!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I hate when people say "fruggin".

Stop doing that.

I have spoken.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[QUOTE]

I did this because it's NAS, and his insistance on telling us how to behave.

"This isn't a "Change it now or lose me forever" BS post."

F off Perry.  Pay attention.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, my apology. I misinterpreted your statement; " If so, you just simply won't see me here as often." .                  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

I can drop Iggy, but I'm keeping 'the Sisters'....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to jalvis' comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

Love the avatar, Dez!  I have that on a shirt.

[/QUOTE]

Me too. I caught 5 shows including 3 in the old Garden. I loved Dead tour. I'm not sure I've had as much fun as that doing anything else.

Sections
Shortcuts